Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slugs

• 11-07-2008 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Is it just me or are we getting over run?

Feel bad about putting anything down (dont like harming any creature) but I am afraid I am going to have to take some drastic action this weekend,

I mean they are EVERYWHERE.
    My vegetables, herbs, flowers, dog run even!

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The wet weather doesn't help!. I can't deny there are slugs in my garden but they are not a big problem. The birds, hedgehogs etc keep a nice balance int he garden. It took a few years to get the organic balance right but now it all seems to take care of itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gottaluvlabs

No I am overrun. the birds are not going near them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

You could try to attract certain birds to the garden, thrushes etc. In the meantime though, as a short term solution, try beer traps. Sink a yoghurt pot in the ground and half fill with beer. The slugs are attracted to the brew, and they die happy... I hope...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

We are they same they are everywhere, except our ducks eat them. Put salt around the outside of your veggie patch that will kill them or use poison round your veggies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

We are they same they are everywhere, except our ducks eat them. Put salt around the outside of your veggie patch that will kill them or use poison round your veggies.

The problem with poison is that it may not only harm the slugs....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

boneless is right poisen or even ordinary slug pellets can do a lot of harm to other things.
    I would recommend ferramol slug pellets, they're organic they don't harm other animals/humans and they're very good.

Advertisement