Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best type of lightsaber?

• 11-07-2008 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

What ye think??

Best type of lightsaber? 12 votes

Single Hilt - Single Hand
    0% 0 votes
    Single Hilt - Double Hand
    25% 3 votes
    Double Blade
    50% 6 votes
    Single Hilt in each hand
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    25% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

1 standard length on one hand and a shota saber(short) in the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

1 standard length on one hand and a shota saber(short) in the other.

hmmm...nice...

I light sabre a mile long. you just have to swing it and take out and entire army .

I light sabre a mile long. you just have to swing it and take out and entire army .

hmmm, might be awkward when dueling on space craft...

True

• Advertisement

single hilt - double hand seems to be winning here...

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

i voted other cause i think the plastic ones out of smyths are the best....... wanna know why? cause they are more real than the rest in the poll.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

what's a single hilt in each hand??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Vegeta wrote: »
    what's a single hilt in each hand??

This. My personal favourite....

The Gnome wrote: »

Yup...that would be exactly what single hilt in each hand is...

Single hilt double hand is two hands on the one hilt that emits a single blade...Luke held his like that.

If you're wondering which is which...

Single Hilt - Single Hand

Single Hilt - Double Hand

Dual Blade

Single Hilt in each hand

If you select "Other" in the poll and have a pic, please show us!! Some cool new concepts emerging lately...

• Advertisement

Indie18 wrote: »
    i voted other cause i think the plastic ones out of smyths are the best....... wanna know why?

Not really, no...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

single hilt, double hand. you would get a lot more power and agility behind the weapon so your defence and attack would be far far higher than any other combination. and it looks right, none of the other sit well with me (although Maul was the ultimate badass with his double-bladed lightsaber)

The Bollox wrote: »
    single hilt, double hand. you would get a lot more power and agility behind the weapon so your defence and attack would be far far higher than any other combination. and it looks right, none of the other sit well with me (although Maul was the ultimate badass with his double-bladed lightsaber)

i'll second that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Yep, gotta agree. Maul's double blade looked awesome, but I'd say for the best balance and effectiveness it would have to single hilt - double hand

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Not really, no...

don't take it personal evil monkey it was just a joke..................... still i have seen one since the other day so i'm changing my choice to the one that lights up its ten times better than the normal plastic one the only thing is it need batteries but worth it i think.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

The Gnome wrote: »

Ahhhhh ok I was thinking hilt = handle so I was like why not say single saber in each hand as I was having a hard time imagining someone holding more than a single hilt in each hand

Defensively: single hilt two handed

Attack: single hilt single hand or double blade

Indie18 wrote: »
    don't take it personal evil monkey it was just a joke..................... still i have seen one since the other day so i'm changing my choice to the one that lights up its ten times better than the normal plastic one the only thing is it need batteries but worth it i think.:D

google "force fx lightsaber"...they are very cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

one hilt in each hand but one of them could vary in length

dade wrote: »
    one hilt in each hand but one of them could vary in length

that's the second mention of this. i like the idea. i can't remember anyone who used this though...any examples?? i remember alright that Gantoris was able to extend his to different lengths with the flick of a switch. when he was fighting Luke he took a swing, Luke stepped back out of reach, but Gantoris hit the switch and the blade extended, bringing Luke back within range...if you had one of them in each hand you'd have some fun with your opponent!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Single Hilt for me...

• Advertisement

Steve_o wrote: »
    Single Hilt for me...

wheeey!! another for us single hilters!! with one or two hands on the hilt??

Advertisement