Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

08 old shape 1.9 tdi a4s for 33k

Options
  • 11-07-2008 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

On the look out now for an A4, have about 30k to spend, called garage there and they have the above offer, unregistered old shaped a4 for 33k, 1.9tdi, good deal or not, suppose for extra 2k have brand new 120bph model..

trying to get as much as i can for my 30k!...aimiing for 07 1.8T S Line, if i can!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I prefer the new model.

Old model is not bad either.

2k is better to spend on a holiday imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That old 1.9 TDi is noisy and course these days. The newer 2.0 TDi is much more refined.

Also you could buy one of these brand new and probably have change for a nice holiday in the sun:
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Subaru/Legacy/BOXER-DIESEL/1101576/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,361 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Bulmers wrote: »
    On the look out now for an A4, have about 30k to spend, called garage there and they have the above offer, unregistered old shaped a4 for 33k, 1.9tdi, good deal or not, suppose for extra 2k have brand new 120bph model..

trying to get as much as i can for my 30k!...aimiing for 07 1.8T S Line, if i can!!

new model would be better deal based on those figures but id say there a alot of room for further discount on the old one.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the older one may be a good deal at 28 or so, but not at 33k.

These were all priced at 39k a while back, don't touch them at that price, they have
    further to drop.
    You will get a 1.8T 07 sline for 30k with no problems if you wait a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The newer model also has lower CO2 emissions and is in a lower VRT and road tax band making it both cheaper to run and more desirable in the long run in addition to being a brand new design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

E92 wrote: »
    The newer model also has lower CO2 emissions and is in a lower VRT and road tax band making it both cheaper to run and more desirable in the long run in addition to being a brand new design.

agree on all above, but 30k is my limit, may squeeze another 1 or 2..while it is a good time to buy a car, it is difficult aswell trying to predict what will be a good seller in future, that's why i think a 1.8T S Line might be good as obviously would have the extras, they are a nice car aswell and maybe the old type petrol sporty cars pre July might have some attraction, i think in 2/3 yrs time pre July diesels may not be as attractive a purchase due to the post July prices on newer models, tax reductions etc. I'm going to see one tomorrow, 07 for 33k so gonna offer 30k straight and see what happens.

Other issue is aswell i reckon dealers may have hit targets this month so might not be in as desperate position to sell, place i'm going would be a large well known Audi house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Bulmers wrote: »
    Other issue is aswell i reckon dealers may have hit targets this month so might not be in as desperate position to sell, place i'm going would be a large well known Audi house.

Targets will be higher than usual for this month and any salesman will be happy to move an old model A4 that's on their forecourt. You should get a pretty good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Do you realise that the far superior to any A4 , mondeo can be had for the same price? That is if you care more about the quality of your drive than your image. I've had the A4 and it got nowhere near the driving quality of the mk3 mondeo , never mind the current one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Can nobody keep a thread on-topic around here??

*Sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

AudiChris wrote: »

*Sigh*

Not groupb, he takes every oppertunity he can to show how much he despises audi and vw and how much he loves the mondeo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Well the OP could have a Skoda Octavia with all the bells and whistles, plus that boot big enough for a killer whale to live in too for the same price:pac::pac:!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Targets will be higher than usual for this month and any salesman will be happy to move an old model A4 that's on their forecourt. You should get a pretty good deal.

AudiChris talk sense ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

E92 wrote: »
    Well the OP could have a Skoda Octavia with all the bells and whistles, plus that boot big enough for a killer whale to live in too for the same price:pac::pac:!

Absolutely.For about 30K the OP could get a brand new octavia 2.0TDI vRS.That would have the brand new CR version of the 170bhp 2.0TDI(An engine that audi uses itself in the new A4). I know which one i'd have.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

bazz26 wrote: »
    That old 1.9 TDi is noisy and course these days. The newer 2.0 TDi is much more refined.

Also you could buy one of these brand new and probably have change for a nice holiday in the sun:
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Subaru/Legacy/BOXER-DIESEL/1101576/

I just have!:D It's actually an insult to compare a 150bhp, 4wd sports saloon with a creamy-smooth engine with an old 1.9TDI A4 though.;)

This is a better pic:
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Subaru/Legacy/2.0-D/1074235/
    You won't get much change from 30 grand though, list is over 31,100 before delivery charges.

In fairness to the OP though, I'm not sure your typical Audi buyer would go for a Subaru though. Same is true vice-versa.

The new model A4 would surely be a better buy in every way to the old one though. You'd need a serious discount to make the defunct 1.9TDI a better buy than a new type 2.0 TDI though - a HELL of a lot more than €2k...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

*Sigh*

Prob has a fair point. The old A4 1.9TDi is a pointless car, especially when an objectively superior car can be got for the same price, be it an Octavia VRS or a Mondeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

well it's a situation where i have a car allowance , so either comp car or car alw, so have to have something new (ish).

I tink the A4 is a nice looking bus for the money % in the range, 30k, what would you do????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Well when you put it like that, yes I would get whatever you like. Thats what you like and not what other people think are better value or better performing cars.
    You have to get into the car every morning to go to work and you have to live with the car.
    Anyway, There is nothing really wrong with an "old" A4 either.
    Go for what you really want. If you want one, get one.

Advertisement