Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 Price drop

• 11-07-2008 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭

I'm sure every one knows about the 360 price drop but I just thought I'd post it as its been confirmed before E3.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Did we not already get the €50 pirce drop earlier this year (just around Easter) that they didn't get in the States? I wouldn't be holding out for another one this soon.

I think this is probably to make way for the new (rumoured) 60GB SKU?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I really cant see Microsoft dropping the price of the 360 again so soon in Europe. All those reports people are reading are in regards to the price drop in North America. We may see a new 60gb SKU though if the speculation is correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

MS is dropping the price of the Pro only from €360 to around €300, this is only to clear current 20Gb stock and the 20Gb is finished in production. It will be replaced by a 60Gb Pro for €360, same price as the 20GB is now.

The 60Gb will go on sale in August in the US.

The Arcade and Elite will remain the same in price and spec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

No sign of there being BluRay on it, like rumored before.

No BluRay, MS said they will not have BluRay in anything for this gen. The replacement for the 360 going by the codename of Phoenix rumored to be due out by 2010 my have a BluRay drive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

2010? Rather short shelf life for the 360 imo. Hopefully they'll have hardware issues for the new one sorted before it's released ;)

Not really, the first Xbox had 5 years before the 360 came along, December 2010 will be 5 years for the 360. MS have said the 360 was ment for around a 5 year product life at the top. Thats why they pick off the shelf parts instead of a fully custom built console like Sony.

Sony go for 8-10 year life cycles.

No BluRay, MS said they will not have BluRay in anything for this gen. The replacement for the 360 going by the codename of Phoenix rumored to be due out by 2010 my have a BluRay drive.
    Yeah but MS deny everything and it ends up getting released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Theres no "may" in it as far as i can see it.It has to have a bluray drive.That generation of consoles really should be heading toward 1080p native games and i cant see how they could possibly fit on a dvd-dl.Totally downloadable games really aint a prctical plan, even by late 2010.It will have to have some sort of newer media disc than dvds and if it aint bluray what else could it be??

That's true. MS should of put HDDVD in the 360 from the beginning. HD would of then won the "format war".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

any word?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,756 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I picked up the premium pack, with 2 games for €179.99 in dunnes today.

all dunness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

All dunnes, thread in Bargain Alerts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yes, my thread ;)

i picked up the 360 with the 2 games yesterday for €100. bought two of them.

there was a mistake in my dunnes and they were scanning wrong!!! happy days.

bought gta4 and a second joypad on my way home. gta 4 is amazing

Advertisement