Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build won't boot.. checked everything

Options
  • 11-07-2008 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I recently assembled the following build:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/shoplist.aspx?mode=receive&si=598204&su=89AED446-7C71-4F63-925F-6310B4B25619

It's all together but will not boot, i.e. gives me nothing on screen i've tried 2 different screens in the gfx and mb slots, ive tried taking out the gfx and seeing no luck

ive disconencted dvd/hdd no luck, ive removed NIC no luck

the fans are working, the cd drive is opening, the cpu fan is working, the HDD is making noise

the lights at front are showing, power buttong owrkin

hearing no beep from startup though speaker is plugged in, and holding down powerbutton does not turn off have to manuually cut power

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Interesting choice of components. Why did you get a 100mbs NIC when the mb has a gigabit ethernet adaptor? Have your tried clearing the CMOS?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Wanted the nic for another comp I have here

Solved the 'problem' or my stupididy tbh. Forgot to plug in the CPU power supply -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Have you tried getting the minimum configuration to boot... just motherboard, cpu and memory?

If that doesn't work, you know it must be one of those components.

Try just one memory stick and moving trying that stick in each slot in turn. Do that with both sticks and you've ruled out memory. You're then down to processort and MB. Do you have another system you can test them in?

Advertisement