Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E65 Contacts problem

• 11-07-2008 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

Having a problem with my contacts on my Nokia E65 and just wondering if anyone else has had the same. Just started happening over the past day or so but when anyone, who I have stored as a contact, rings or text me, their number appears on the screen instead of their name?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

It can happen if you have one number associated with 2 different contacts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

helios wrote: »
    It can happen if you have one number associated with 2 different contacts.

Just 1 number associated to each contact, no duplicates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Sometimes if the same number is on your SIM card it can cause funny buggers too. See if you have the number on your SIM and delete it if it is and see if that helps any.

Otherwise trying editing the number in the phone book from 0861234567 to 00353861234567 or +353861234567.

And failing that try turning the phone off and on again (you'd be surprised) if you haven't done it since the problem started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Doh! Just copped that I had that number also in as ICE (In Case of Emergency)
    Never thought of checking that Contact until I sync on www.zyb.com and done a search!

Cheers all.

Advertisement