Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zest Clane

Options
  • 11-07-2008 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Anybody been there - whats the food like?

Is there a decent modern pub to have a jar in before hand in Clane?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I was in it last year, it's just okay, a little bit up itself but that's normal for restaurants outside town.

Jones' pub is right beside it and just got done up I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Zest is ok,pity they dont change the menu more often,and yes they are up themselvs a bit.Jones next door is fine or Manzors.
    Jones are opening a steak house soon,something on the same line as The Manor Inn in Nass (or should I say used to be in Nass).
    It just might takesome of the starch out of Zest (a bit over priced also).
    Enjoy your meal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

yes agree with holly on all scores. its ok, for lunch, but imo obriens is better. there the westgrove hotel also. lovely looking restaurant but the food is a slight let down. 'could do better'. which is a pity.But for a nice sit down dinner in clane it prob best bet at the moment.
    I hear talk about all these steakhouses opening up soon. when is one of them actually going to open!
    hank marvin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Great classy bistro type place!Been there four times went from loving it to not bothered much on first to third trip ...But on fourth visit last week fell madly in love all over again .Moroccan lamb pizza with tzatziki (sp?) topping unbelievably good...Highly recommended and while it does as stated have a certain classiness about it the staff are v friendly-'mature' aussie guys and a younger irish lad and eastern european all very helpful.Clane should be thankful it has such a nice eaterie -'up itself indeed'!?Phillistines!Go back to yer batter burgers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

holly1 wrote: »
    Zest is ok,pity they dont change the menu more often,and yes they are up themselvs a bit.

IMO this is one of 2 faults with Zest. The other is if you want a quiet meal dont go at 7 when the early bird menu finishes. The last 2 times we booked a table at 7 there were 2 tables with noisy kids. If I want a cheaper menu and eat with my kids then I'd go there between 5-7.

I'll keep going back without kids but only after checking the outside menu and not before 7.30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

ytareh wrote: »
    Great classy bistro type place!Been there four times went from loving it to not bothered much on first to third trip ...But on fourth visit last week fell madly in love all over again .Moroccan lamb pizza with tzatziki (sp?) topping unbelievably good...Highly recommended and while it does as stated have a certain classiness about it the staff are v friendly-'mature' aussie guys and a younger irish lad and eastern european all very helpful.Clane should be thankful it has such a nice eaterie -'up itself indeed'!?Phillistines!Go back to yer batter burgers!

I'm saying it's up itself, not especially fancy. The fact that you got a "moroccan lamb and tzatziki pizza" is testament to this. (and I've eaten in good restaurants all around the world, so I'm hardly a food philistine).

I've been to much, much nicer restaurants that didn't have such high opinions of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 flerg

Great food, very affordable and nice atmosphere. Brilliant lunches. it's improved and is now in georgina Campbell guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

:rolleyes:
    flerg wrote: »
    Great food, very affordable and nice atmosphere. Brilliant lunches. it's improved and is now in georgina Campbell guide.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

flerg wrote: »

I agree! I go there two or three times a month with the family and I look forward to it every time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

It's a good restaurant, best in Clane IMO. I don't know what people are on about "it's up itself", what? I have found the staff to be really nice and the food was great. I have nothing to do with zest, haven't even been in about 10mths, I'm just being fair to the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kildarechoral

It's a good restaurant, best in Clane IMO. I don't know what people are on about "it's up itself", what? I have found the staff to be really nice and the food was great. I have nothing to do with zest, haven't even been in about 10mths, I'm just being fair to the place.

Nice place but cramped a little.

Manzors is best for a drink.

Lemongrass is a better restaurant IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maryshane1963

zest is ok if you just travel on to sallins the bridgewater have fantastic food at good prices and lovely staff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

There are a lot of low number posters on this thread. Lets all make a pact that everywhere is lovely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Fair post misty...it was " up itself" in the Celtic tiger years...very pushy waiter at the time ( not there anymore) who was more interested in getting you to have a pre- dinner drink and pouring 1/2 the bottle of wine into your glass to encourage you to buy more than he was about what you thought of the meal..food was very mixed in terms of quality and not good value at all..

These days its a lot more consistent in terms of quality and there's something for most tastes and budgets on the menu so thankfully the bad days of "up itself" are gone for good...I think it knows what side it's bread is buttered on which is not a bad thing for the consumer...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭STForSale

Went over last year for a meal to see what all the fuss was about, still don't know.
    Pretty average I'd say....

Staff where rude, overpriced, as for "classy", compared to mackers maybe. Left thinking I'd never go back and haven't.

Advertisement