Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celebrity Slim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

hey , i appreciate yoru comments and your 100 % correct , i was so lazy and always eating takeaways , if it wasnt take away it was a big plate of spag bol or big pasta and chicken , all high in carbs , and when i look at it now im disgusted , but im using this as a kick start nothing more , i dont have the will power to simply wait and see 1-2 a week , because often with me id be grand after 2 or 3 weeks and then collapse and end up getting nowhere

i have since changed how i eat , appreciate good food more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Fatloss08 wrote: »
    hey , i appreciate yoru comments and your 100 % correct , i was so lazy and always eating takeaways , if it wasnt take away it was a big plate of spag bol or big pasta and chicken , all high in carbs , and when i look at it now im disgusted , but im using this as a kick start nothing more , i dont have the will power to simply wait and see 1-2 a week , because often with me id be grand after 2 or 3 weeks and then collapse and end up getting nowhere

i have since changed how i eat , appreciate good food more

Good stuff, delighted to hear it. The big trap for peope is they use these shake systems to lose weight but don't actually work to change habits and attitudes towards food. You seem to be on the right track and I wish you all the best with it.

One thing I will say, remember to reward yourself for achieving your goals….buy small items that you have wanted as a way to reward your progress.

cheers dragan

im under no illusion's at all

if or when i get to what i wanna be , trust me i wont be wanting it to creep on , i'll be very strict , ie carb meals 2 or 3 times a week and more veg etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pink08

i
    and by the way i aint angry :)

its my own fault im 137kg , i woke up 1 morning and was sick of it , i never weight myself weekly etc

but i will when i hit goal weight , i cant run because im too heavy , inpact on knees and lowerback is tough , but when i drop a bit i will be

Glad to hear it! Believe me i understand your fustrations i've battled with my weight all my life and you do get tired of it but i just feel this time that i've got to do it for myself! Change my habits and the way i look at food.

Thats great about your cousin fantastic achievement for him.

how did u find the first few days?

down 6.2 lbs in 2 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

There's no chemist near me at all that stock this. Is there another way to get it? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Anyone know if you can get this in Galway, only thing on the website is in Ballinasloe. I know it's not the ideal but i just want a kick start to shift a few kilo's first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone here who uses celebrity slim would be able to buy it for me as there's no chemist near me. Buy4now only has a few flavours. I'll pay for postage and everything. PM if you can help.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Bubble19

cacio wrote: »
    Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone here who uses celebrity slim would be able to buy it for me as there's no chemist near me. Buy4now only has a few flavours. I'll pay for postage and everything. PM if you can help.
    Thanks.

Felt the same myself about the buy4now website they had all the flavours i didnt like on it...but i ordered it for a link i found on the Celebrity Slim Website. The Medicare website. Plus a bonus is the delivery is cheaper than the But4now website works out at about 5euro delivery for 2weeks supply.

Hope this helps. :)

hey i started this last monday and today im glad to say i lost 16lbs

not the healthist of course but better off than on and its easy to do this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Bubble19

Thats an excellent weight loss congrats, if that wouldn't make you want to continue i don't know what would...

Starting this as soon as it arrives in the post have maybe 2-3stone to loose then ill join weight watchers to maintain my weight!!

Can't wait to start loosing... :D

it is easy to stick too

i have a shake for breakfast , them mid morning apple , then shake for dinner and then apple mid afternoon and then meal in evening ie 2 chicken fillets oven cooked and stir fryed veg

your meal should be 1/4 protein 3/4 veg and 2 litres minimum water a day its easy

but u must change ur mentality for when u come off it to keep eating right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Wow thats alot.Well done. Do you feel you have lost alot of fat as well as lost weight from fluid loss ?Do you see a dramatic change in how your clothes fit?

2.5 inches off my waist

feel better metally as i havnt had any crap in my system , ie chocalate or take aways or fizzy drinks

first week is usually water id say

but after that its usually 6lbs of fat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 emma0808

started celeb slim this morning..chocolate shake wasnt bad at all.
    want to lose 1stone and a half
    anyone know how long that should take?
    thanks
    emma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hazeybaby

Hi Everybody,

I stumbled across this thread i normally post on another forum - im amazed at your weightloss well done and im actually really jealous to be honest im on cs for nearly four weeks and have lost around 10 pounds and in comparison to what other ppl are losing that is terrible :mad:- please tell me what im doing wrong.

Im finding it harder as I go along particularly because im not losing much!!any tips are more than welcome!!!Help!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭LittleBear

Hiya,
    I started CS this morning also. I had the Strawberry shake and it was nice enough exactly as i expected. Want to loose about 2 1/2stone before November/December if thats possible. Ordered two packs of CS from the Medicare website on Sunday night and got them this morning (Tuesday) faster and cheaper than the Buy4now webite its only around 5euro delivery no matter how much you order and they come by courier. Would highly recommend it.
    Any advice about the Programme anyone?
    Cheers in advance :)

some people have bars or diff things for snacks

i stay strict to it

9am shake

11am apple

1pm shake

3pm apple

7pm 2 oven cooked chicken fillets , stir fryed 3 peppers and 1 onion in soy sauce and small sharwoods sweet chili sauce

then just poured the peppers and sauce over the chicken

thats all i have really and 2 litres a day of water

fatloss to be honest thats pretty much wat i have been doing too and its not coming off the same way if anything i have been eating less in the sense of never having two chicken breasts or anything!!i feel cheated!!i dont even normally have my snacks i normally have the 11 o clock one of either veg sticks or an apple or maybe a small handful of nuts - have my two shakes drink loads of water and dont normally have time for the afternoon snack then when i get home i would have stir fryed veg and some meat and normally a sauce of some description.
    Im stumped!!:confused:maybe a light choc mousse or fruit for evening snack i just dont know at this point!!need any help i can get!!

• Advertisement

yeh its diff for everybody im a bloke 27 and 6"2 and started at 21 stone

so i came off quick

im not expecting this everyweek

but the gym will help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

hazeybaby wrote: »
    fatloss to be honest thats pretty much wat i have been doing too and its not coming off the same way if anything i have been eating less in the sense of never having two chicken breasts or anything!!i feel cheated!!i dont even normally have my snacks i normally have the 11 o clock one of either veg sticks or an apple or maybe a small handful of nuts - have my two shakes drink loads of water and dont normally have time for the afternoon snack then when i get home i would have stir fryed veg and some meat and normally a sauce of some description.
    Im stumped!!:confused:maybe a light choc mousse or fruit for evening snack i just dont know at this point!!need any help i can get!!

Well what size and height are you? Your never going to lose as much as fast as fatloss08 because he is much bigger than you i would assume.

wow ur quick :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

wow ur quick :)

That would probably be appropriate if stating the mind numbingly obvious wasn't needed. Only way Hazeybaby will understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

hazeybaby, cut out the nuts, change the sauce and eat something even when you don't feel hungry at an appropriate interval between meals. You're not loosing probably because you're not eating. Counter intuitive I know, but try it.

Hi again..
    atm im 11stone 5 pounds and i want be 10stone..
    started yest and it isnt as hard as i imagined but just out of curiosity want to know approx how long it will take me to shift the 1 stone and a half?

Thanks I will soldier on anyway haha!!!just would have thought it would come off quicker i am just under 5'4 and was 15 and a half stone starting and im only 20!!

The only reason i have been eating the nuts - unsalted nasty ones obviously is because it says there ok in the book - i dont even like them!!

Think the whole not eating regularly thing could be big part of it though as i wouldnt normally eat that much just eat the wrong things at the wrong time ie. not much all day and maybe a takeaway for dinner late in the evening!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Leahsim

Hi Hazebaby,
    Don't give up. i know you're not losing it as fast as you would like to but stick with it and let this be the very last diet you'll ever have to start. Regarding snacks....eat them. It's important to keep your metabolism going as this is what helps you burn the fat. If you don't eat enough your metabolism will slow down and you won't lose weight. I would also advise to take up some sort of excercise. I walk about 40 mins 3 to 4 times a week. It's not much but it keeps me ina healthy frame of mind.

Leah

Sorry leah but can I ask you how heavy etc you were starting??and what you typically eat in a day??
    Sorry its just you have had amazing results anything i can learn from you is bound to help haha!!

hazeybaby wrote: »
    Sorry leah but can I ask you how heavy etc you were starting??and what you typically eat in a day??
    Sorry its just you have had amazing results anything i can learn from you is bound to help haha!!

Hi, I don't mind you asking at all. My starting weight was 17 stone. I'm 5ft 8 inch. So far I've lost 46lbs. Last week I only lost 1lb but......there's a reason/excuse:D:D:D....I'm in spain at the moment on me hols so I haven't been as good OBVIOUSLY. And I'm here for another week so i don't expect a great loss next week either. But here is my weight loss from week1
    Week 1 10lbs
    Week 2 6lbs
    Week 3 5lbs
    Week 4 4lbs
    Week 5 6lbs
    Week 6 4lbs
    Week 7 14lbs This is the week I started doing a bit of excercise!
    Week 8 1lb

A typical day would be:

Morning: shake
    Mid morning: piece of fruit
    Lunch: shake/Bar
    Afternoon: nuts/fruit/slice cheese
    Evening: chicken stirfry with plenty veg/ Beef stroganoff with plenty veg/omlette with mushrooms tomatoes onions salad,

When I'm not on holidays and for the first 7 weeks of this diet I gave up alcohol completely.

You should buy the recipe book because it gives you different ideas so you're not eaing the same food over and over.

Hope this helps.

Leah

• Advertisement

Hi Fatloss,

Well done that's fantastic. 16lbs is amazing. :D:D:D

Leah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

The Celebrity Slim Diet is a scam worthy of a very high score on the Richter Scale of Bolloxology.

To everyone who has embarked on this 'Diet' I have one question: how do you plan to eat when you come off it?

N.B. 'Healthily' is not the right answer. If you're determined to lose weight, the hard-work starts once you're OFF the shakes and back in the real world. So go on then, write down what you think would be an appropriate days' eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mariog

I am starting the scam today and I am hoping to shift the three stone that have been holding me back and bringing me down for quite some time. Call it a scam, call it whatever you like but if it helps me to lose weight and become more healthy (by eating less and exercising) then bring on the bolloxology I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

G'em does have a valid point. That's what happened to me when I cme off Atkins a few years ago.

I was all "yeah I'm just gonna use it to loose weight quick and then start eating properly, etc etc".

I crashed off it majorly. If anything, my habbits actually got worse and I cooked for myself even less than I did before. Granted, I did move house and job and county at the time so there were alot of curveballs, but I just never got around to sorting myself out again.

Mariog wrote: »
    Call it a scam, call it whatever you like but if it helps me to lose weight and become more healthy (by eating less and exercising) then bring on the bolloxology I say!

But why do you need to buy an overpriced nutritionally void shake in order to eat less and exercise more?

Guys, seriously, I've been there, bought the oversized t-shirt, dropped lbs of water weight and the only thing I lost in the long run was money.

No, it's not easy to get your diet in order right away, God knows I've spent years tweaking mine, but one thing holds true: whole, healthy foods make me feel better, look better and quell my appetite better than any fad shakes can.

I have done, and still occasionally do, use protein shakes to help me in training or when I need to wipe the slate clean with my diet, but they're only really a plaster, a temporary fix. It's what I eat every day that matters when the shake powder runs out.

I'll go one step further, and I know that what I'm going to say is going to annoy some people, but I say it as someone who really does know how hard this process is:

Fad diets are cowardly.

They stop you from facing up to the truth of long-term healthy living. They promise quick-fixes and easy results, when, as anyone with an ounce of logic knows, quick fixes rarely last. It's bloody hard to make changes in your diet and giving in to some marketer's dream scam will only prolong the agony of having to make the changes. Like it or not you will NOT see long term changes until you fix whatever it was that caused you to become overweight in the first place.

You can call me a beatch and a diet nazi all you like, but you know that there's some truth in what I'm saying. I don't eat brilliantly 100% of the time, but eat healthily much more often than not, and I recognise what it is that causes me to overeat in the first place which allows me to avoid being in situations where it's likely to happen. I've spent years reading about X, Y and Z diet plans and invariably I keep coming to the same conclusion: diets are short-term; sustainable weight-loss is long-term.

There's more than enough information in the stickies to help you embark on the journey to weight loss. If you're too lazy to read through them and get started on teh right track then what makes you think you won't be too lazy to look after yourself once the shakes are all finished and your pocket is empty?

Guys, please, I implore you, rethink this Celebrity Slim shite.

G'em, once again you say it like it is :p After 3 days on the CS i abandoned it at lunchtime after realising, yet again, that the quick fix wasn't the solution long term and whatever i may lose will only pile back on, with more, after i stop it. I had planned on doing it for a week or two as a kick start but am now going to do it slowly and healthily through healthy eating and exercise.

The only good thing it did was re-awaken my love of veggies and stir fries and i'm already looking forward to the other half of the prawn stir-fry i made last night but with the brown rice this time :D

im on day 10 on the diet and lost alot and few inches here and there

yes it aint the healthiest by far but i know that , i consulted my doctor about this b4 hand and he said it was ok ( dont say he hasnt a clue )

i used to eat 2 or 3 moro's or mars bars a day and drink at least 3 cans of soda ( mixed ) a day and loads of crisps and big meals

now im not , i havnt had a bar in 10 days or soda or a big meal

i dont miss them , when i think of it i feel sick

im eating way more veg than ever b4 , and drinking loads more water tan ever b4

yes theres loads truth gem , but whats good for some isnt for others

i am so so so determined to keep it off , i couldnt walk longish distances b4 because of my weight and now i can and i am walking 4 miles a day 4 days a week and some weight training

ive no prob eating smaller meals now , just load up on water b4

Well I'm delighted to hear it. What have you planned whent he shakes are finished?

g'em wrote: »
    The Celebrity Slim Diet is a scam worthy of a very high score on the Richter Scale of Bolloxology.

To everyone who has embarked on this 'Diet' I have one question: how do you plan to eat when you come off it?

N.B. 'Healthily' is not the right answer. If you're determined to lose weight, the hard-work starts once you're OFF the shakes and back in the real world. So go on then, write down what you think would be an appropriate days' eating.

To be honest with you I don't even think your statement is worthy of a reply.....If you have nothing positive to say please don't bother at all.... Here we try and help each other and keep each other motivated. And since I have replied you the answer to your question...Cs encourages you to eat Low GI foods that keeps you full for longer. ie. porridge for breakfast etc....
    To bring your attention to another diet where you don't eat at all....Lipotrim. My friend lost 8 stone on this diet...that was 3 years ago...and yes she's kept the weight off. So it can be done.You might not like it but thousands do and it's working for them. Maybe you should do a little more research before you blab your mouth off. You seem to know it all.....are you still FAT?

• Advertisement

bit harsh leah , but yeah some people should research more

not all diets are the same

these boards are full of negative responses never " best of luck let us know how well u do " etc

always , these are c.r.a.p etc

each to there own i suppose

emma0808 wrote: »
    Hi again..
    atm im 11stone 5 pounds and i want be 10stone..
    started yest and it isnt as hard as i imagined but just out of curiosity want to know approx how long it will take me to shift the 1 stone and a half?

Hey Emma,
    I noticed you posted two comments there with no reply yet. As we started the same day im just wondering how are u getting on so far? Good or Bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

bit harsh leah , but yeah some people should research more

not all diets are the same

these boards are full of negative responses never " best of luck let us know how well u do " etc

always , these are c.r.a.p etc

each to there own i suppose

a lot of the responses that might come across as being negative might also be made out of genuine concern and peoples own past experiences ... I doubt that anyone can argue that some of the diets posted are severely lacking in calories and are basically crash diets ... The effects are slowed metabolism, lack of energy and more importantly muscle loss ... If someone is determined to drop their calorie intake that much why not just eat 1000 (or whatever number) cal per day of fruit / veg and lean protein?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Leahsim wrote: »

Morning: shake
    Mid morning: piece of fruit
    Lunch: shake/Bar
    Afternoon: nuts/fruit/slice cheese
    Evening: chicken stirfry with plenty veg/ Beef stroganoff with plenty veg/omlette with mushrooms tomatoes onions salad,

If there is one thing to these shakes, people seem to be religiously giving up crisps, chocolate, fizzy drinks etc. That cannot be bad. Also mid morning and afternoon snacks seem to be good as does the evening meal: all perfectly healthy and exactly the kind of thing everyone here would reccomend.

Why not just give up the shakes and replace breakfast with something like an omelette or porridge? and have something like a chicken or tuna salad for lunch? Then you would have a great diet (healthier) and undoubtedly get the same results as with the shakes.

What I don't understand is why people are paying a fortune to buy shakes when in actual fact the results come from giving up sweets, crisps, chocolate etc? Anyone can tell you to give up eating unhealthy things and this advice costs nothing.

Leahsim (and Fatloss08), from the Charter of the Forum:
    There will be zero-tolerance of any pro-ana type topics or crash dieting. If you want to discuss your cabbage and rubber band diet that's alright but don't expect much support (or success for that matter). This forum is to promote healthy and varied eating - not to advise you in how to drop a stone in a week.

No personal attacks will be tolerated. Heated discussion is fine but attacking posters individually will result in your exit from the forum.

I'm tolerating this thread out of sufferance alone, and I'm only a click away from locking it. If you persist in being so discourteous towards me I'll have no hesitation in doing so.

Having said that, these kinds of topics are always going to be hotly discussed. Besides which, dieting makes the best of us crabby so I'll let it slide.

And am I fat? No, I'm not. I've been fat, yes, and I've also carried sub 15% bodyfat with a six-pack. I've tried every diet under the sun and while I don't proclaim to know everything there is to know about nutrition, I've done the reasearch and then some. If you'd like to continue doubting my knowledge that's your perogative, but I can guarantee you you'd be mistaken.

More to the point, you actually didn't answer the question.
    Leahsim wrote:
    And since I have replied you the answer to your question...Cs encourages you to eat Low GI foods that keeps you full for longer. ie. porridge for breakfast etc....
    Grand, porridge is good. But give me an idea of what you'd eat every day. What about for lunch and dinner? All I'm trying to do is provoke people into thinking in the long term, when the shakes are finished. It's one thing to regurgiate what the manufacturer's tell you to do, another to put it in practice. I couldn't give a flying fart what your Granny's dog's cousin lost with Lipotrim (an abomination in "dieting"), I'm asking what the people here are palnning to do with their eating habits once they're off Celebrity Slim.
    menoscemo wrote:
    Why not just give up the shakes and replace breakfast with something like an omelette or porridge? and have something like a chicken or tuna salad for lunch? Then you would have a great diet (healthier) and undoubtedly get the same results as with the shakes.

What I don't understand is why people are paying a fortune to buy shakes when in actual fact the results come from giving up sweets, crisps, chocolate etc? Anyone can tell you to give up eating unhealthy things and this advice costs nothing.
    Very well said, and put a lot more eloquently than I did!

It does concern me if you feel that there isn't a lot of support on the forum - perosnally I'd be inclined to disagree, I think there are some great success stories emerging here and I think it's wonderful that people have found somewhere to come and discuss their weight loss endeavors.

However, on a compeltely personal level, while I applaud the weight-loss, I simply don't agree with the method being used and I'd feel it would be incredibly hypocritical for me to say "oh yay, well done, pat on the back for losing all that water weight!!". I'd be only too delighted to be proven wrong about this too and I would be over the moon if everyone on this diet was to return here in six months to say "Ha!! In your face sucker, I kept it off!!" but experience of my own and friends' and acquaintances' weight loss tales has shown otherwise.

Celebrity Slim is a glorified faddy diet. If someone can show me some evidence that proves it's metabolically/ biologically superior to good old fashioned whole food nutrition for fat loss then I'll eat my words. They'd probably taste better than the CS shake anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

G'em, as a moderator you are here to moderate the threads, from what I can see this thread was doing fine until you came along pouring scorn on peoples attempts to try to better themselves.
    Ok so you have worked out just how to live a perfect healthy life but some of us are just starting and if this is the kickstart we need then what is wrong with that, it is our money we are spending, not yours, it is our body and our problem. Yes I am sure an omelette is better for you that a shake but it is the reigme of the diet plan that is working for us, I used to spend €30 a week on sweets and other crap, why not spend it on this instead.
    If you have nothing positive to say about something why not just say nothing atall, moderate from a distance. None of us here are stupid.

And since I have replied you the answer to your question...Cs encourages you to eat Low GI foods that keeps you full for longer. ie. porridge for breakfast etc....

Having just started and abandoned CS you certainly don't have porridge for breakfast, it's a shake for breakfast and lunch and a carb free dinner :confused: The reality is that the shakes are 220 calories, for the same amount of calories you can have porridge for breakfast and a healthy lunch both of which will stand to you way better than the shakes and you don't feel crap after it like i did on the shakes.

motherfunker - I didn't come onto the thread as a moderator, I came to give my opinion. Nothing to stop me doing that is there?

If I was being a Moderator I would have shut it down but I didn't and I'm not stopping people discussing it. Celebrity Slim and Lipotrim are not in keeping with the forum charter and frankly I'd prefer if they weren't discussed at all because it's perpetuating a fallacy, but I'll leave the thread open for the time being.

So please, continue, and prove me wrong about my opinion on the diet. And no further discussions of my Moderating either please, it's a thread about CS - if you wish to discuss me and what I'm doing go to Feedback or HelpDesk.

LittleBear wrote: »
    Hey Emma,
    I noticed you posted two comments there with no reply yet. As we started the same day im just wondering how are u getting on so far? Good or Bad?

hi littlebear,
    seem to be getting on ok! usually have choc shake with hot water in morning--just tastes like hot choc-- and either a bar or cafe latte with hot water for lunch and chicken stirfry for dinner. i have fruit for my snacks!
    how are u getting on? do u want to lose alot? emma:o

emma0808 wrote: »
    hi littlebear,
    seem to be getting on ok! usually have choc shake with hot water in morning--just tastes like hot choc-- and either a bar or cafe latte with hot water for lunch and chicken stirfry for dinner. i have fruit for my snacks!
    how are u getting on? do u want to lose alot? emma:o

Ya im not sure really how i feel to be honest, i have a shake in the morning about 11, another at 3 and then a Chicken Stirfry or something from the CS recipe book at about half six/seven! Have an orange then between lunch shake and dinner! I feel like im doing it wrong am i? I drink water throughout the day aswell and bout 3 cups of tea I LOVE TEA! I want to loose about 2stone i feel id be delighted with that!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement