Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this good option to get power to shed?

Options
  • 11-07-2008 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

http://www.waltons.co.uk/electrical-ready-board

will it do the job or is there a better option

have already ran armour cable from attic to shed, this cable to be joined to cable that was in place for electric shower which was replaced by power shower

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

never saw one before, intereting idea. Problems will pop up when you need to add stuff.

If I'm reading the post correctly, really there should be no joint for the shower, the power into the shower should be used as the power into a consumer unit, then a new cabe from the consumer unit to the shower, (as long as the ratings are correct, load of the shower, cable size etc)

So if it was me I'd put in a small counsumer unit , a 1x36 Watt flourescent VP light, one or two twin sockets, a light switch where you want it etc. the gear will be about the same, but there will be more work, but you'll have a better job IMO.

This unit will fly in, save lots of work, would be something someone would install in a shed that was not their own , if you know what i mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

thanks for reply much appreciated

like you i had never seen one of these units before and thought it might do the trick

the cable to electric shower is now redundant, it is going directly to main consumer unit, my idea is to use this cable to power the shed by joining it with the armour cable.

i have also disconnected the electric immersion would this be a better route to the main unit?

not being an electrician i trust this will work

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

the cable for the shower would be more likely to be a 6sq or 10 sq, the immersion will be a 2.5 sq mm, you'd need to check that. If the shed was only going to have a light and sockets then this unit would do, I thought you were powering a shower too, but if not then it would get you what you want,

is there a light switch? (not the 6Amp MCB)

Advertisement