Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mithril pain in the @$$

Options
  • 11-07-2008 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Hey all!

I began blacksmithing with my paladin after I was lucky enough to get the plans to the dawn steel shoulders at a great price (which i posted about previously).

My mining was already at 375, so as long as I can locate the mats, its easy.

I tried downloading add-ons, none of which seemed to work due to bugs or lack of updates. Ive checked sites to no avail.

Im currently on BS skill lvl 245, and I got to 230 without hardly spending any money.

Im finishing up Mithril and Im finding it SOOOO hard to farm. Further more, the cost of 20 bars/ores on my server are 40 gold plus. I spend loads of money on ore this morning and farmed in Tanaris and Searing Gorge for about 3 hours and hardly got anything.

Does anyone have any sudgestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

are you using gatherer?

i always found that to be the best tool for locating nodes or ehrbs whatever on the map

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Hmmm, I used 2 other add-ons, cant remember the names... think it was chirographer and mine-find, neither worked.

Do you have a link to the latest version of Gatherer? That would be excellent.
    Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Another suggestion would be instead of spending hours mining, you could spend that time farming gold and buy the ore / bars. At least that way you're actively doing something instead of running about hoping to find veins.

Thought of that, but that gets very old very quick! Plus, Ive found farming the ores pretty fast, just not mithril.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Mining is a prick of a profession :(

• Advertisement

DRakE wrote: »
    Mining is a prick of a profession :(
    Excellent! That was the advice I was looking for... :P

Cant agree with that at all!
    This is the first time its seemed in anyway tricky. For me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Cartographer with the mining bit shows you ever vein spawn point in the entire world on your map.

Also get WowMatrix, it detects your addons and updates them with one click. Ultra pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Hanza wrote: »
    Excellent! That was the advice I was looking for... :P

Cant agree with that at all!
    This is the first time its seemed in anyway tricky. For me anyway!
    it's not hard, its just really time consuming :(

Next piece of advice then is to go to searing gorge and start doing circles. You'll get about half as much mithril as thorium but you'll be glad once you're out of mithril.
    You need a heck of a lot of thorium too.

i used gatherer on my warr when i was leveling alch and it was a large guild so it cached everyones nodes. was really useful. worked with mining aswell.

if ur in a guild with anyone that uses, it your laughing all there finds will be shown on ur map

http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/24/

• Advertisement

Thanks a million man, I did lots of farming at the weekend. Got to 262, now i just have the horrible task of getting to 300 in BS, everything is gonna cost a fortune to make.

These dawnsteel shoulders will be really worth it when I make them :)

Thanks a million man, I did lots of farming at the weekend. Got to 262, now i just have the horrible task of getting to 300 in BS, everything is gonna cost a fortune to make.

These dawnsteel shoulders will be really worth it when I make them :)

I've had blacksmithing on my main since the start, It's only at 350 now and that's with about 1500g spent on it.

finally decided to start leveling my enchanting on my huntard.

so far i have been just running instances, started at wc, sfk etc and just dis enc everything that drops.

i did manage to get an off hand rare fist weapon from sm yesterday.

its level 39 blue boe

think it might be a twink item?

cant think of the name

Schism wrote: »
    I've had blacksmithing on my main since the start, It's only at 350 now and that's with about 1500g spent on it.

I do plan on leveling it up to max before WotLK, my mate got it to 359. gave up then, i know its gonna be a royal pain, but those l33t shoulders will be mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Use cartographer and cartographer_mining. files.wowace.com

It will show you on map exactly where all the ore of any type spawns. I think badlands is best for mithril.

The mod now works perfectly outofthebox but you used to have to configure it first which is all explained in the documentation and forums.

Thats the program I had before that I couldn't get to work. I did all that the guide sudgested that I do and still no joy.

Im finally finished with Mithril anyway and on to thromium, got some pretty good plans in the AH last night that are pretty cheap to make, gonna farm the mats later after I boost some friends through BRD.

As soon as I get to 300 I'll fly to max level. Ive been farming fel ore and adamantite and keeping it in my bank incase I ever needed it. Dont have a huge amount at all, but it will make the process easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Thats the program I had before that I couldn't get to work. I did all that the guide sudgested that I do and still no joy.

You did something wrong it works so try it again. It will cut your farming time in half.

Advertisement