Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move abroad and still continue my ACAs

• 11-07-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to continue your ACAs if you move country?

Is there some sort of accounting body with which the ICAI have an agreement with so that you can in effect transfer [sic] and continue studying?

I know its a long shot, but I was just thinking with all this EU harmonisation lark that there might be something.

Alternatively, is there a way around the 3.5 years experience with a training company. i.e. so one could do the exams (fly home once a year) but build up the experience requirement some other way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭hockeygirl

That would be very interesting to find out.

I know that the ICAI has links with Oz, England scot and wales. Canada where the qualification is recognised on par with their own.

I would imagine it would be difficult enough to do though. Because you would have to be released from your contract. Get your employer to agree to sign off on the experience gained etc... pay back any fees if required

It would prob be best to contact the ICAI directly and the chartered association for the country you want to go to and find out where they stand on this, and what the procedure is if any.

Do you have long left on your contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

There is no way around the experiences needed. If you are at a BIG4 you may be able to transfer to another location, assuming there is an accountancy body that will recognise the exams past with for the ACA qualification.

Advertisement