Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia vs Bali

Options
  • 11-07-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Im planning on heading over to Oz about September for an extended period of time. Was wondering 2 things, if anyone cares to field answers;

How does Australia compare to Bali in terms of crowds. I've been to Bali/Indonesia twice and know the crowd situation there, and the caliber of surfing, but is Australia (huge generalisation, i know) the same, better, worse? is it like hawaii in terms of drop-in fist fights?

I have a few boards, but would I be better to ditch them and buy one over there? If it's free to bring with me, I might as well because Im gonna end up lugging it around with me anyway.

cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I'm in Melbourne but there are some quality breaks not far from here in Mornington and on the great ocean road where there is enough beach for everyone. Especially doesn't get packed in winter. Philip island is decent too and even when it was busy it was a decent crowd. There are 100s of beaches on the Victoria coast and plenty of great breaks for all. Never been to Bali though. I would imagine you would get fierce localism in Bondi and other Sydney beaches, as there are some gangs affiliated with surfing there etc and it's supposed to be really terratorial.

Advertisement