Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Venetian Snares

• 11-07-2008 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see venetian snares last night. My first time to breakcore sort of gig, he was really good. Support acts were good too, kind of like dubstep or something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Yeah, was great. Sunken Foal (the first act) was excellent.

My ears are still ringing :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

lol yeah my hearing was affected well after.

What was the name of the other act ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

ye anyone know the name of the guy on b4 Snares? was a deadly gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

I thought about going to that gig but I couldn't be bothered with the transport/accommodation costs. I'm kind of regretting it now. Does anyone have the setlist?

Also, I considered making a new thread but what do people think of Detrimentalist? I've only listened to it once. Time signatures are WICKED complex + loving the vocal samples. I intend to give it a lot more attention in due time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

jk86 wrote: »
    Yeah, was great. Sunken Foal (the first act) was excellent.

My ears are still ringing :eek:

You got to be kidding me - they were brutal, they put one decent beat together, clearly a duo who are trying to hard, keep it simple lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I didn't know he was playing. Damn.

He's great though. His stuff for strings is deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

ye anyone know the name of the guy on b4 Snares? was a deadly gig

The guy before him was DJ N>E>D

monellia wrote: »
    I thought about going to that gig but I couldn't be bothered with the transport/accommodation costs. I'm kind of regretting it now. Does anyone have the setlist?

Also, I considered making a new thread but what do people think of Detrimentalist? I've only listened to it once. Time signatures are WICKED complex + loving the vocal samples. I intend to give it a lot more attention in due time.

It's pretty good. It's definitely his best album since Cavalcade of Glee... but personally speaking I prefer his older stuff. Doll, Doll, Doll is still his most solid release IMHO and I prefer the rougher sounds of 7.sevens.med .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Cullo

any links?

Venetian Snares is playing in Andrews Lane Theatre on April 11th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Delly buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭welcomeinjam

ok so i missed him last time he played here so i'm definitely going to see him this time. What were the crowd like last time did people dance or anything or did everyone just stand there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

The only one of his I have is "Rossz csillag alatt született " like it alot strings and breaks . Has he anymore like this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

No that was his first album like that. He learned the violin or something for it. Probably my favourite. Not a big fan of his other stuff, suppose you have to be in the right mood for it.

learned the violin my hole, mor elike sampled the violin and very well too!

I dunno, he seems like a fairly dedicated guy. Must take hours to program his drums and hes a very prolific producer.

no mate, i read an article in future music or some magazine and he says he sampled them. you just dont learn the violin, supposedly a bitch to learn !

Yeah my friend plays it, it is tough.

He did a good job so, sounds impecable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jimmyjimster

They are unbelievable, every gig or dj set i have seen has blown me away, check out milanese too if you like venision snares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 charlesquinn

Re: a couple of things in this thread...

Went to that Venetian Snares gig there last year, jesus my ears were knackered after it, my mate still suffers a bit of the ol' tin-eyetus because of it..which leads me to this:

Does anyone else here think Andrews Lane is a cack venue? Was there on saturday for Sunken Foal (More on this) and Tim Exile, (left before Four Tet). Had to take breaks every 15-20mins because the sound in there was so fatiguing. Probably one of the worst sounding venues in Dublin, i won't be going back there in a hurry.

Re: Sunken Foal, fallen arches IMO is one of the best releases of the last 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I thought Andrew's Lane sounded great any time I was there. Matmos in particular were one of the best sounding live shows I've ever been to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Yeah, my ears were suffering for days after the venetian snares gig.

Was starting to get worried when they were still ringing after 4 days but I've had no problems since

Not sure if it was because of the venue or what becuase it was the only time I was there, but I don't think I'll go again in April ( I like my ear drums too much)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Erm, ear plugs? I never go to a gig without them.

yeah i thhougt it was a bit too load myself but i brought my ear plugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Am going to see him tonight in Cyprus Avenue :D

Advertisement