Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Minding

Options
  • 11-07-2008 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all

I am new to this forum- i do use it quite a bit for info re events etc & for local news but i havent really posted on it yet. I have a West Highland Terrier who is a really quiet timid little dog, i go away quite a bit & hate relying on friends etc to mind him, i used to leave him in kennels but he was atttacked by another dog there & left with untreated wounds for a week by the kennel owner- so kennels are out for him. I was wondering would any dog lovers/owners be in a similar position & be willing to come to an arrangment to mind each others pet when owner is away or i would be willing to pay a suitable person to call to take him for a walk, feed him etc. It would normally only be for one or two nights at the most.I live in the Salthill area
    any other ideas welcome
    Anna

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

hi have you checked out galwaypetsitters.ie ask for mary!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

annaq wrote: »
    Hi all

I am new to this forum- i do use it quite a bit for info re events etc & for local news but i havent really posted on it yet. I have a West Highland Terrier who is a really quiet timid little dog, i go away quite a bit & hate relying on friends etc to mind him, i used to leave him in kennels but he was atttacked by another dog there & left with untreated wounds for a week by the kennel owner- so kennels are out for him. I was wondering would any dog lovers/owners be in a similar position & be willing to come to an arrangment to mind each others pet when owner is away or i would be willing to pay a suitable person to call to take him for a walk, feed him etc. It would normally only be for one or two nights at the most.I live in the Salthill area
    any other ideas welcome
    Anna

Do you leave your dog at home all day why you go to work because that's what my neighbour does and the dog is always barking. Very cruel....I've often thought about reporting it but the ispca don't actually have many rights in Ireland.

I'm really sick of our neighbours dog and I'm sure other people in our block are too. Feckin' idiot owner.

Good luck with finding someone...I hope you are a good dog owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

post of pic of you and your dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

DRakE wrote: »
    post of pic of you and your dog!
    is279-029.jpg

Actually, I can take him occasionally, either daytime or one night now and then (unless I have own plans). PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

annaq wrote: »
    i would be willing to pay a suitable person to call to take him for a walk, feed him etc. It would normally only be for one or two nights at the most.I live in the Salthill area
    Anna

Hi anna,

if you would like someone to visit him and take him for walks/feed him etc I would do it for you, I have just returned from Canada where I was working as a Vets Assistant and did petsitting for some of our clients.

I would love to get into this here because I can't get a pet at the moment myself and I'm having cute animal withdrawals! I live in the city but would gladly take him for walks in salthill.

let me know if this interests you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 annaq

thank you for all replies, workaccount- i am a very good dog owner i would not have a dog if i had leave him home alone all day, i am lucky enough to work from home so he is never left alone for any length of time, i do however have neighbours who allow their dogs to freely roam around using my garden as a toilet & barking constantly so i do appreciate where you are coming from- re dogs being left in apartments all day - i think that is so cruel,have you spoken with their owner/landlord etc? sometimes i am away just for the night but i wouldnt just go away & leave my pet on his own unless i have a minder arranged for him. also as i said earlier he is a very quiet timid dog who doesnt really bark a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaillimheach

Martina Burke, Petpals, has been minding my dogs when I'm away for last 2 years. Brilliant. Highly recommend her.

Advertisement