Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Aldi's next Wed. 17th..

Options
  • 11-07-2008 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

I just bought a CATEYE Velo 8, installed it and have just discovered ALDI's have a wireless computer with HR monitor on offer next Wednesday 17th for €5- less :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

For the sake of a fiver you're probably better off with a Cateye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Don't think the cateye has a HR monitor. Even if the aldi one is crap, you can just bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

oops I didn't see it has a HR on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

i got the Aldi one before - heart monitor worked fine for a week then never again.

everything else is grand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Interesting. I was thinking of getting a HR monitor.
    Has anyone any experience of the Aldi one?

I guess it's probably worth a shot at 19 euro........:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

It probably is worth a shot at that price but I too have had the "Aldi computer never worked" problem.

I have the foot pump (or something very similar) - never worked.

Most of the clothes are good though (for the price.)

It is a bit of a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Just had a look at the prices on wiggle.
    I guess it would be expecting a lot to get a functional one from Aldi for €20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

What's a bike lift? Is it just for storage or could you do reasonable maintenance with it. (Don't think I'll be drilling holes in the ceiling though, just curious.)

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Just had a look at the prices on wiggle.
    I guess it would be expecting a lot to get a functional one from Aldi for €20.
    Most of those do a whole lot more, like PC data analysis, GPS tracking, etc.

In fairness HR monitoring is not that complicated and there is no inherent reason you couldn't have a simple HRM that shows your heart rate for €20. There are plenty for less on eBay. A lot of cycling/sport stuff is massively overpriced due to the limited market.

Having said that the Aldi one may or may not work, based on my previous experience with them!

oobydooby wrote: »
    What's a bike lift? Is it just for storage or could you do reasonable maintenance with it. (Don't think I'll be drilling holes in the ceiling though, just curious.)
    Mainly for storage I imagine- I doubt it would hold the bike steady like a work stand does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Billy Whizz

Anyone have any of those locks?

Not much use for locking the entire bike presumably, but enough of a deterrent to would-be wheel nickers if they aren't ridicously easy to cut.

Advertisement