Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VODAFONE ROAMING SONG

Options
  • 11-07-2008 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Who the hell is responsible for butchering Bob Marley's Jammin'? Those marketing folk will be first against the wall. Surely his offspring can't be that hard up for cash or has some souless materialistic marketing drone bought up the rights to the back catalogue?
    Every time I hear it I want to smack the guy in the ad, hard. But that would only be damaging the messenger. They say never shoot the messenger, indeed, though this messenger deserves a damned fine thrashing.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I know. This is why we need the angry bastard forum.
    Hate marketeering mother****ers ruining the lives of everyone by putting a price tag on everything. Hate even more the bloodsucking extended marley clan, happy to sell his legacy down the river for a quick buck despite the fact that bob himself is doubtless turning in his zombie grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

C'mon, it's at least as good as the original musically, but with a delightful twist on the lyrics making it all the more relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

roaming indeed. roaming into a good song and ruining it!! i agree with you op the f*cker who decided it would be a good idea to wreck that song should be hung upside down by their toenails! iirc tom waits sued several companies for using his songs, a nacho company and a car company and won both times (cant do a google search but pretty sure thats what happened). bobs estate should be sueing vodafone not selling his best work!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

Ever see the 'video' for Jimi Hendrix's 'Dolly Dagger'? They must have done it after he died, features some eejit doing an ice-sculpture- awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

'Ol wrote:
    roaming indeed. roaming into a good song and ruining it!! i agree with you op the f*cker who decided it would be a good idea to wreck that song should be hung upside down by their toenails! iirc tom waits sued several companies for using his songs, a nacho company and a car company and won both times (cant do a google search but pretty sure thats what happened). bobs estate should be sueing vodafone not selling his best work!!
    The boul' Thomas even sued Levi's because they used Screamin' Jay Hawkins version of Heartattack and Vine in one of their ads. Fair play to him, I wish more artists took the same stance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement