Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tinted windows and NCT

Options
  • 11-07-2008 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I remember reading about this a good while ago but couldn't find the thread.

Anyway, I'm getting the windows tinted on my car soon and it'll be due for its first NCT to also.

What's the situation regards the NCT and tint's?

I'm obviously not tinting the windscreen but am going to do the the back windows fairly dark and the front driver and passenger windows not as dark.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Just make sure its legally tinted.
    Lots of cars have this as a legal optional extra when u buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

im in the same situation gettin mine tinted thursday but only gettin rear done because my car has factory tints all round im following the uk law on tinting no law regarding anything behind B pillar but front has to allow 30% light transmission i think and at the mo my front windows are 40% so goin to leave them but as it stands no law regarding window tinting down here but i think you can be down for car being unsafe ie restricted view from side windows so best to follow uk legislation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I think 30% is the darkest you can legally go on the front side windows. You can't touch the windscreen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

I have mine tinted, limo black in the back and what I would describe as very dark in the front and I had no problems putting mine through the NCT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Cheers lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement