Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great American Bash 2008 Card - Spoilers

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Why did they take the Miz and Morrison off the belts? Insanity

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Why did they take the Miz and Morrison off the belts? Insanity

They are going babyface apparently.

Im must I did a pretty good job at predictions and Hacketts owe me a nice bit of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

rovert wrote: »
    They are going babyface apparently.

Im must I did a pretty good job at predictions and Hacketts owe me a nice bit of money.

why what did you do??? How can ya do Accumulators Online???

Does it look like they sre going to stay as a tag team though? I didn't see the GAB yet

What did you bet on. I lashed the money in my account but I didn't realise they stopped betting at 12.00. Probably would have broken just under on Jericho and Cena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

cena loses clean again, thats now 4 times in last 6 ppvs that cena has jobbed clean, this time to an overweight broken down guy in his mid 40s who should have retired 5 years ago :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I'm glad Y2J, CM Punk and HHH won but why did the Miz and Morrison lose.

CM Punk and Y2J promos were good Punk is impressing on the mic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

JP Liz wrote: »
    CM Punk and Y2J promos were good Punk is impressing on the mic

Punk's always been good on the mic, they just give him bad lines to say a lot of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

rossie1977 wrote: »
    cena loses clean again, thats now 4 times in last 6 ppvs that cena has jobbed clean, this time to an overweight broken down guy in his mid 40s who should have retired 5 years ago :eek:

Yep unlike a certain wrestler who since he returned less than a year ago has buried the Raw tag division, Booker T, Umanga,Carlito Orton and now defeated Edge and Cena in back to back PPV's. Taker may irritate some but I really want to see Super Hunter being fed to him
    Oh and Shelton with a belt? Come on how many times has he failed to get over? I mean what is different now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Does anyone think that the WWE overuse the DQ finish? There is one every week, two last week, that JBL DQ was ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Yep unlike a certain wrestler who since he returned less than a year ago has buried the Raw tag division, Booker T, Umanga,Carlito Orton and now defeated Edge and Cena in back to back PPV's. Taker may irritate some but I really want to see Super Hunter being fed to him

Well one thing's for sure SuperHunter would never allow himself to be pinned clean by JBL and you know what, I wouldn't blame him one bit.

What in the name of all that is holy is JBL doing pinning Cena clean? I mean there's ridiculous booking and then there's just stupid booking beyond belief. Mind-blowing idiocy.

If Punk and Cena are supposed to be the top two babyfaces why is one scraping victories while the other gets beaten down like a gimp? I just don't get this at all.

Cena's already beaten JBL five times on PPV or something like that. They probably just want to keep the feud going for Summerslam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well they could keep a JBL/Cena feud going by having Bradshaw win via heel tactics. Pinning Cena clean when Cena decisively beat JBL years ago just makes Cena look like a sap. Same goes for HHH pinning Cena clean.

Imagine if The Rock had been pinned by Triple H when they were feuding in 2000. How sad would that have been? I'm not at all in favour of guys who help elevate a wrestler 'getting their win back' years later. The whole thing smacks of politics to me. JBL the arse-kisser getting his way again. Probably gave Vince some good stock tips!

I think there might be a small element of Cena trying to gain the respect of some of the older fans by jobbing at a couple of PPV's. Either that or they are building JBL up to a JBL Punk feud which could result in JBL winning the belt back which I would not mind at all.

Anyway, the Miz and Morrisson loss was a far worse decision. As biased as I am, they were great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

EdK wrote: »
    Does anyone think that the WWE overuse the DQ finish? There is one every week, two last week, that JBL DQ was ridiculous

Thats just very lazy booking by WWE. The amount of spoiled finishes is unreal, with ref bumps, interference, DQs, count outs is crazy.

What in the name of all that is holy is JBL doing pinning Cena clean?

What?

• Advertisement

I think there might be a small element of Cena trying to gain the respect of some of the older fans by jobbing at a couple of PPV's.

complete waste of time, for some reason it is ingrained in peoples heads that cena never loses never mind never getting pinned; i was on another forum last night during the ppv and most were astonished cena lost, many saying it was the first match he lost in 2 years; this despite jobbing clean to HHH 3 weeks on ppv which should be fresh in peoples memory :rolleyes:

he jobbed to khali, michaels and kfed on tv during his championship reign in 2007 and edge *2, rvd and booker on ppv in 2006 but when i brought them up last night people thought i was making it up

But the problem with Cena was that as champ, he'd lose on TV quite a bit but always won clean on PPV. That's what got me to hate him originally (have to say I've changed my mind a little)

But the problem with Cena was that as champ, he'd lose on TV quite a bit but always won clean on PPV. That's what got me to hate him originally (have to say I've changed my mind a little)

he last title reign and indeed his matches up to the present day on ppv have been marked by the lack of outside interference and clean victories (something most fans craved for with WWE for years but didn't get it). The last cena match on ppv that involved outside interference was actually his match at cyber sunday in october 2006

cena's PPV record in 2006 makes interesting reading actually

10 PPV appearances (two of those include a traditional survivor series match and a tag match at Armageddon) and 4 defeats. if man utd or liverpool played 10 games and lost 4 of them it would be a crisis :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

only on the 4th match, but did anyone one else notice the number of mma references JR made so far?? "Mount" " Brazillian heel hook" does the wwe finally begin to fear the UFC :D

calex71 wrote: »
    only on the 4th match, but did anyone one else notice the number of mma references JR made so far?? "Mount" " Brazillian heel hook" does the wwe finally begin to fear the UFC :D

there is mutual respect between both organisations imo, wwe have tried to copy mma characters in the past like with kama the supreme fighting machine :eek: and then bringing in ex mma guys like shamrock and severn and are now telling their wrestlers to use holds seen in mma/ufc in their arsenals

ufc for their part have taken WWE's tried and trusted blueprint with regards ppv and overseas markets and adapted it to suit their audience

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    there is mutual respect between both organisations imo, wwe have tried to copy mma characters in the past like with kama the supreme fighting machine :eek: and then bringing in ex mma guys like shamrock and severn and are now telling their wrestlers to use holds seen in mma/ufc in their arsenals

ufc for their part have taken WWE's tried and trusted blueprint with regards ppv and overseas markets and adapted it to suit their audience

good point, works the other way too i guess ufc have borrowed much form wwe, lets hope Lesner doesnt get owned again in his next match :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Would make sense, as taker uses that gogaplotta...or however its spelt, :p.

Would make sense, as taker uses that gogaplotta...or however its spelt, :p.

+ he's been shown at the last 3 events ive seen, affliction : banned on saturday being the latest mma event ive seen him on, now if only UFC could make blood come from guys mouths like when taker applys a triangle choke xD

+ he's been shown at the last 3 events ive seen, affliction : banned on saturday being the latest mma event ive seen him on, now if only UFC could make blood come from guys mouths like when taker applys a triangle choke xD

There was a few guys at it on saturday wasnt there?

There was a few guys at it on saturday wasnt there?

they where taking notes i bet ;)

they where taking notes i bet ;)

Wouldnt doubt that.

But see how UFC can show the WWE wrestlers on theyre event, but some poor eejit goes to TNA and he gets fired. :( Thats badd

Wouldnt doubt that.

But see how UFC can show the WWE wrestlers on theyre event, but some poor eejit goes to TNA and he gets fired. :( Thats badd

I don't think he was fired. I think the other Highlander is injured though

Undertaker, Steve Austin and Gregory Helms were at the Affliction show at the weekend

taker has always been a big ufc fan, there is a video of him on youtube backstage at a ufc event a few years back chatting and posing for photos with the likes matt hughes and tim sylvia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Yeah theres footage of kurt angle, austin and himself at another...

It is traditional booking, Bubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I had to laugh at Colin Delaney's heel turn too, I was instantly reminded of the 1-2-3 Kid when Colin first appeared on WWE tv, but now it appears they are giving him Waltman's career path in fast forward. First the week after week underdog loses, then the shock upset win, now the heel turn, by Christmas he'll have joined and left Cena's gang, made a sex tape with Beth Phoenix, then finally get fired for his third wellness violation and be in rehab with Scott Hall :D

I cant believe Cena lost to JBL what next for him?????????

I really hope its Y2J / CM Punk feud next

A win over JBL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

P45 Preferably!
    Seriously, i'll never bitch about Undertaker no selling after seeing Cena no no selling Carbon Monoxide posioning!

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

So Cena is run over, set on fire and thrown off a stage into a car and he comes out of it with a grazed elbow, and on Raw
    he manages to FU both Rhodes and DiBiase and beat them soundly. Might I add that Eric Young Death Valley Drivered (which is essentially an FU) Black Reign and Rellik a few months ago at the same time, not one after another, and they are alot bigger than Dibiase and Rhodes. So that basically means EY>Cena;).

McCool Has Backstage Heat,

spacer.gif
    The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that there has been some resentment toward Michelle McCool since she became the new "Diva's Champion." The resentment actually stems from a prior incident between McCool and Natalya that was reported here on Wrestlezone. Apparently McCool attempted to "train" Natalya, a wrestling veteran, in the WWE style, and this has drawn some criticism. I for one would agree since I consider Michelle to be a pretty face and a lousy wrestler. There are some backstage, however, that feel McCool is in the right as she had to teach Natalya that WWE wrestles with a different mentality. It also helps that McCool is in a real life relationship with The Undertaker, who of course has tremendous backstage power.

Natalya should have won this new Diva Championship

I guess it pays to lay Taker

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Natalya should have won this new Diva Championship

I guess it pays to lay Taker

whats happened to Sara?

whats happened to Sara?

Got fed up with her apparently. His tattoo of her name has been gone a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

McCool Sucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

callaway92 wrote: »
    McCool Sucks

Apparently thats the criteria for being Divas Champion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

So Cena is run over, set on fire and thrown off a stage into a car and he comes out of it with a grazed elbow, and on Raw
    he manages to FU both Rhodes and DiBiase and beat them soundly. Might I add that Eric Young Death Valley Drivered (which is essentially an FU) Black Reign and Rellik a few months ago at the same time, not one after another, and they are alot bigger than Dibiase and Rhodes. So that basically means EY>Cena;).

Bet you it wasn't as cool as this

Advertisement