Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are landlords obligated to resolve pest (mice) issues?

Options
  • 11-07-2008 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

Recently (less than 2 months ago) i moved into a new apartment. its not a shiny "new" apartment but its nice. we'v had mice for since moving in. we have caught 4 in traps so far and gotten an ultrasonic thingy thats "supposed" to keep them out but we can still here one occasionally behind the skirting boards.

When we found the firsrt one we pulled the cooker from the wall and found tons of noodles and what not behind the kitchen units from the last occupants, so i guess this is what attracted the mice. We have cleaned all this up but now need to get rid of the mice.

Is it a landlord/lady's obligation to provide an exterminator to rid us of this problem? it doesnt mention anything specific in the contract so im not sure what my rights are here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd say if it's a mice problem then its up to you to sort it out after all you're living there.

Put down some traps and get some expandable foam from any hardware shop and fill in any holes where they might be able to get through in future.

Advertisement