Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Design (with CMS) for only €250!

Options
  • 11-07-2008 6:56pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Evening folks,
    Just got this very interesting email sent to me by a client. The Town & Country Homes association (its an Irish tourism organisation) are offering web design (pre-designed templates) with a CMS for their members at a heavily reduced rate. Id love to know how its affordable for them to do this.
    Town and Country Homes are pleased to offer members a full web design service at a heavily discounted rate of €250 per website.
    Whether you already have a website or have never had a website, then we can help you.

Want A New Website?
    We can help you decide on a suitable website address, register the address and setup everything you need to get your website online. This will be done in time to include the website address in the 2009 brochure.

Have An Existing Website?
    If you already have a website, but are not happy with the design, then we can offer you a completely new website, while ensuring that you keep the same website address.

Style of Website
    We can offer four different website design templates for you to choose from and you can fully customise the content and colour scheme of these templates to suit your needs. If you are new to websites, then we can advise you on the type of information you need to provide on your website for clients. Town and Country Homes IT staff will then populate the website with this content for you including any photos of your home etc.

Full Content Management System
    Your website will be based on a content management system (CMS), which is software that can be used by you to manage the content of your own personal B&B website. Once we have done the initial setup of your website content, you have the option to manage the creation, modification, and updating of content on your own website without needing the expertise of a web designer. There is no code and it is as simple to use as the Internet and e-mail. However, if you would prefer Town and Country Homes staff to update your website content on your behalf, then we would be pleased to provide this updating service at no extra cost to you.

Secure Booking Engine - NO COMMISSION ON CASH BOOKINGS
    We will place a secure online booking facility on your site so clients can book with you directly, it will blend in with the look and design of your website. Clients can search only for your home and book live through your website. There will be no commission on any bookings you receive through our booking engine on your own website. The Town & Country Homes booking engine can also be integrated into your existing website, again you will pay 0% commission on bookings generated from your site. Clients will be charged a small booking fee.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭randombar

Well it would take someone with a half decent knowledge of webdesign + joomla or wordpress to come up with a working back end and lets say 50 odd templates then sell them on for nothing, still make a massive profit!

Tell you what I'll make this www.corkbroadband.com for 200 euro :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Well it would take someone with a half decent knowledge of webdesign + joomla or wordpress to come up with a working back end and lets say 50 odd templates then sell them on for nothing, still make a massive profit!

Tell you what I'll make this www.corkbroadband.com for 200 euro :D

Thats hardly professional... but, I suppose it still works at the end of the day. Id never do it myself.

Nah it's robbery, I've done it a couple of times for freebies and when I can't be arsed

www.corkbroadband.com
    www.gearoidcorcoran.com
    www.ballygarvangaa.ie

Next stop joomla!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

oswd + having all content supplied + pictures already sized + dumping it into a template
    few hours work ....

What the killer is ... custom logos ... custom graphics ... SEO ... hosting ... domain costs ... custom forms... custom development ... training .... dealing with client when they want to know how to change something at 9pm on a saturday cus they don't have time during the week ... (and them still wanting this for 200 quid) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

We can offer four different website design templates for you to choose from
    So, only 4 templates. Maybe they've used these for other sites and got paid well and now are tweaking them for cheap.

• Advertisement

Ya question is how would you bring the SEO? I mean in a basic site design and set up, sure you make a nice SEO friendly site but it's another job in instelf to get it up the ranks on google?

Again it's said a 1000 times on here you get what you pay for, i.e the odd time I do a site for someone I charge them very little!

Oh by the way ye should have a look at what the GAA are offering as templates and CMS!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

People with B&Bs probably don't even know what SEO stands for, would only be confused if you used the acronym without context and many of them probably have unusual names that would work will even in advert-powered google.

e250 for a simple site is a grand price, fair play to whoever came up with it and made the pitch to T&CHA, good business management.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Oh by the way ye should have a look at what the GAA are offering as templates and CMS!!!!!

Yes, but their just for novices who just upload the banner and that's it. Not pretty but does the job
    http://gaadir.sitesuite.com.au/cgi-bin/auth/directory.cgi?c_test=1215856721 download the user manual!

, but as for the Town and Country, I can see hows it done have a couple of template designs and switch the pictures for each B&B, give each a comprehensive a step by step manual for the owners. €250 easy money.

I don't think there going to be great but like a lot of offers this is a bit of a lost leader and your going to have to pay for the all the things Forbairt said and extra's(booking system, updates etc.). But getting the customer in the first place is the hardest thing

Ya the gaa yoke works all right but was hoping for a bit more for one of the biggest org's in ireland. A nice CMS with lots of functionality would have been great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Advertisement