Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

84X

Options
  • 11-07-2008 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭

Moving into Charlesland soon and just wondering does anyone know what time the 84X passes by coopers at from 5 onwards in the evening.. And what time it would arrive in Charlesland?

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The 16:45 usually passes by at about 17:00, but it can be a few minutes earlier or later, traffic allowing.

In general if you take a look at the timetable on Dublin bus and allow about 15 minutes for the bus to get from Eden Quay, you should be okay, but don't come looking for me if you miss it!

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=84X

Usually, the 16:45 gets to Charlesland at 17:55. The 17:30 bus gets to Charlesland at 18:50. The time really depends on traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

one thing i noticed about these busses is they are forever on time especially in the mornings which is a surprise considering the country we are living in.

at 7:40 on the dot one is on the southern cross in bray - where i get the bus - 5 days a week without fail.

They are extremely reliable in the mornings alright. Thankfully the issues in the evening with busses not going up to Charlesland seem to have been sorted out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

The 16:45 usually passes by at about 17:00, but it can be a few minutes earlier or later, traffic allowing.

In general if you take a look at the timetable on Dublin bus and allow about 15 minutes for the bus to get from Eden Quay, you should be okay, but don't come looking for me if you miss it!

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=84X

Usually, the 16:45 gets to Charlesland at 17:55. The 17:30 bus gets to Charlesland at 18:50. The time really depends on traffic.

Cheers for that,

I'll probably miss that 16:45, shame....On the site theres the 1700n, does this one service Charlesland, its not clear from the site but i thought id heard something about the n and the k!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Daily driver here so don't abuse me!

City to Coopers?
    Depends on driver and traffic! Ive done Donnybrook in 15 minutes on a good day. Fridays are the best, we come out of the city like Marty McFly (google it).

The 1700 goes via Charlesland and its a regular driver so your OK. The 1715 too.

What confuses yee people is 1730 (and we told managers) 1730 to Newtown and 1730 to Kilcoole - the K one is OK for you. The newtownmountkennedy spells disaster and a trip on the 184!

• Advertisement

one thing i noticed about these busses is they are forever on time especially in the mornings which is a surprise considering the country we are living in.

Thats will be the breakfast club!
    Four/Five of us meet up in Eddie Rockets (Donnybrook) most mornings for French toast and Coffee! So its in full steam ahead.........

Say hi sometimes, short sleeve shirt, grey hair and i write on all your tickets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭williamb

SickCert wrote: »
    Daily driver here so don't abuse me!

City to Coopers?
    Depends on driver and traffic! Ive done Donnybrook in 15 minutes on a good day. Fridays are the best, we come out of the city like Marty McFly (google it).
    Indeed you do.I've got the 84X on Friday at Belfield at 17:02 :- that'd be the 16:45 departure, I'd guess.

Great service, by the way .. as others have said, reliable as clockwork and faster than the Dart (even when the Dart doesn't break down).

SickCert wrote: »
    Thats will be the breakfast club!
    Four/Five of us meet up in Eddie Rockets (Donnybrook) most mornings for French toast and Coffee! So its in full steam ahead.........

Say hi sometimes, short sleeve shirt, grey hair and i write on all your tickets!
    I can imagine the funny looks we might get as we board the bus if we all say "are you SickCert?" :confused:

Trust me ive been asked stranger things! Also called worse.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dazmetron

Cremo wrote: »

at 7:40 on the dot one is on the southern cross in bray - where i get the bus - 5 days a week without fail.

The 84x in the morn from Newtown has been all over the place for the last 2 weeks or so. The 07.35 has been passing through Kilmac at anytime between 07.40 and 08.05. I reckon thats down to the different drivers that have been driving the route recently who have no idea where they are going. One driver tried to come off the N11 at the Fassaroe exit last week, then missed half the scheduled stops the whole way into town. Things did get better at the end of last week - hopefully the regular drivers have finished their summer holidays!

• Advertisement
Advertisement