Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Definitive website with tax bands and new VRT rates.

Options
  • 11-07-2008 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

A couple a weeks ago I had the independent pull out with all the new tax bands and VRT rates for newly registered cars , now I lost that pull-out and have been searching the web for something similar but can’t find anything. The Revenue website is fine if you have a car picked but I want to be able to look at all the cars with the new lower bands and then go looking at the uk sites.

I want a list of all cars with A band B band C band etc, etc with one click not going from one dealer to another

If none exists and you have the pull out I’ll build the website myself if you can get the list to me.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I put this spreadsheet together from www.mtp.ie information. Should be pretty correct, but a good few cars have been improved since I put it together.
    If you check out E92s spreadsheets from the VRT sticky, I think he may have been more thorough with his info, I just copied and pasted from mtp.ie

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/138758/49977.xls

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Thanks for that, should help

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

PM me with your e-mail address. I put all of E92's list on to one Excel sheet and have added a good few more new models in as well.

Plan was to have it all updated for all new cars, but I haven't stopped since the last 2 weeks of June. It should have most cars on, with the co2 emissions and tax amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

R.O.R wrote: »
    I put all of E92's list on to one Excel sheet and have added a good few more new models in as well.
    Please post it here, so we can all access it.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

One of the more interesting things about the new VRT system is that ALL imports first registered outside of Ireland before July 08 will have road tax on engine size and VRT on CO2. That includes any 08 car registered before July outside Ireland.

I found this in the SIMI's leaflet on their website about the VRT changes. I suspect this is wrong, a suspicion that has been confirmed by the post below:)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

E92 wrote: »
    One of the more interesting things about the new VRT system is that ALL imports first registered outside of Ireland before July 08 will have road tax on engine size and VRT on CO2. That includes any 08 car registered before July outside Ireland.

That's from the SIMI's guide on the VRT changes.

Eh, that's wrong. My imported 320d coupe (edit: an E92 I note!) was first registered in the UK Mar 08 and is now taxed (road tax) based on CO2. I know because it says €150 on the tax disc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I know a bit about websites and databases, was thinking of putting something like this together in PHP/MySQL but too time difficult and time-consuming.

Also, I thought the established heavyweights - Carzone and CBG would - would incorporate this into their new car search criteria for July. Should be quite an easy task for them:(...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭CarList.ie

pburns wrote: »
    I know a bit about websites and databases, was thinking of putting something like this together in PHP/MySQL but too time difficult and time-consuming.

Also, I thought the established heavyweights - Carzone and CBG would - would incorporate this into their new car search criteria for July. Should be quite an easy task for them:(...

This is something that I could add to www.carlist.ie quite easily. I'm going to start work on it right away.

EDIT: On second look it seems more complicated than I originally thought. I'll do some more research...

Advertisement