Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls Only - No Manginas Allowed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7547191.stm

Hope I get in before 2012 - dont wanna have to hoof all the way to Cookstown LOL

same here! sounds pretty cool tho, purpose built village! set it up for training during the day and then open the bar up for business at night! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Rob-117

Wouldnt you like to know Rob?:eek:

Well yeah, I've learned so much on these boards already so you may as well keep the ball rolling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Rob-117 wrote: »
    Well yeah, I've learned so much on these boards already so you may as well keep the ball rolling :)

Rob she will chew you up and spit you out. May the force be with you!:D

Rob she will chew you up and spit you out. May the force be with you!:D

yeah i know, she already reminds me of my girlfriend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Well aren't you the lucky one?:D

Well aren't you the lucky one?:D

Wow, she always says that to me, that's seriously weird

ANSWER ME!!!!!:mad:

*only joking*:D:D

ok ok, i'm very lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭MAKEPEACE

I noticed you guys all went out. Are you from North or South. I've only met Given1 thus far.

From the North. Given1 was with us that night. Great fun!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Good evening all

Hope yas have missed me like mad etc etc lol.
    Well I am not long back from first week and all I will say is............'you will be exhausted'.
    So long days - sweating and running about and being laden with lots of stuff.........but yes I'm loving it. A few wee beers here and there at nights keeps us all sane lol.
    Anyways I am off soon for a bath to relax and then sleeeeeeeep

Alan

So, nobody really goes on this board at 2am then...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

sometimes :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

So, nobody really goes on this board at 2am then...............

Only when my two year old daughter refuses to stay in bed!

From the North. Given1 was with us that night. Great fun!!:)

I think she fancies him.
    They'd make a lovely couple..

;)

I think she fancies him.
    They'd make a lovely couple..

;)

Oh shush!!!:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Oi4R-jSoA

Blast that at full pelt girls

Chao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Oi4R-jSoA

Blast that at full pelt girls

Chao

Are we supposed to suss out the hidden meaning here Al?
    Enlighten please!
    x

Been awfully quiet from him recently.....either we're all behaving well or he's in total shock at the comments on this thread.

If its the latter - JVb is SOLELY to blame.
    So there.:D

• Advertisement

Totally!!!! :p

So, nobody really goes on this board at 4am then...............

So, nobody really goes on this board at 4am then...............

I sincerely hope this isn't becoming a "who can post the latest" game. :D

carlty888 wrote: »
    I sincerely hope this isn't becoming a "who can post the latest" game. :D

If it is this is one game I am quite happy to lose!!!:p

Nah, it's just my shift work, it won't happen again

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Hi Everybody

OH is wanting to book a holiday for after Christmas sometime - either February or May but I'm not sure what way it works IF (by any chance) I was to get into Garnerville. I don't want to put my life on hold on the off chance that I get in but what would happen if we booked a holiday for May and I had to start training before that?

Feel a little better about the fitness side of things in GV after reading Wanalaugh's message on the 'I'm in' thread as all the other messages had me thinking of giving it up altogether (well nearly lol). I think if I work hard and happen to get in I should be able to just about get up to standard.

I'm not being presumptious or over-confident, just have to plan ahead with 4 kids and hubby's job to organise (as well as holidays of course!!).

Thanks you lot :D

MBC x

• Advertisement

MBC

If you have any inkling that you may possibly get in.........then do NOT book a holiday for that time. You will not be allowed off for any amount of time unless it's like a death or marriage and even then it may not be possible. If it were me I would hold off most definitely.

Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

MBC

If you have any inkling that you may possibly get in.........then do NOT book a holiday for that time. You will not be allowed off for any amount of time unless it's like a death or marriage and even then it may not be possible. If it were me I would hold off most definitely.

Alan

Thanks Alan, I will wait then. I guess I will have more of an idea when I get my merit score (any idea when that will be?). Thanks for taking the time to reply, I'm sure you're very busy at the minute.

MBC x

Thanks Alan, I will wait then. I guess I will have more of an idea when I get my merit score (any idea when that will be?). Thanks for taking the time to reply, I'm sure you're very busy at the minute.

MBC x

You could always defer. Dont forget that Vetting can take a long time and will affect your start date if you are getting in.

And theres also no rhyme or reason that any of us can figure out as to how intakes are put together, it definitely doesnt seem to be that they just start at the top of the pool and work their way down.

Basically I'm saying dont out your life on hold, deal with things as they happen? Good preaching coming from me when its pretty much all I can think about tho!!! LOL

PYG and my good self think that the Merit Pool placings will be available early Sept....but we could be wrong - :P

Toodles
    x

Jaysus!!

Give me a wall of wet paint and let me watch it dry!!!!!

Now now, dont be cranky just cos you're sick!!:p

Its just quiet cos JVB is on hols, the lads are safely tucked up in the Hotel during the week, Sept calls have been made so no news there,ACs are still ongoing so no news there, medicals havent started yet so no news there......I'm sensing a pattern here.:D

I'm dreading my AC results. I keep thinking about the roleplay I didnt get wrapped up and all the things I should have said in my situational ones...DOOM!!!

Always next year

*sighs*

• Advertisement

I miss JVB!!! So does MGH!!!

I miss JVB!!! So does MGH!!!

Hey that hurts, I'm trying here :(

Hey that hurts, I'm trying here :(

Sorry, its a big thong to fill....but you're doing well. Keep it up. He can. All night apparently.....:P

How would you know!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

JVB gonna be shocked when he sees all this, lol! But Flattered too! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

This girls thread is full of more smut than the guys thread. What the hell is going on.

There was me thinking this would be full of debates on colour scheming bedrooms, Make-up tips, flower arranging and the like.

I'm away back to the guys thread to talk about motorbikes, Die Hard and ways to kill people with your bare hands.

It's even gone quiet on the "Girls thread!" :eek:

Dispite Rob-117's (is that a Halo thing?) best efforts, you guys are really missing JVB!

Dispite Rob-117's (is that a Halo thing?) best efforts, you guys are really missing JVB!

We are. The smut meister is absent and we are devoid of his humour love and affection.
    *sobs*

But he's back next week YAY!!!!!!!!

Let the smut resume!!!!!!!

We are all just waiting for medicals,vetting and merit numbers.
    Prob not much going on cos we are all biting our ( perfectly manicured nails)
    :D

We are. The smut meister is absent and we are devoid of his humour love and affection.
    *sobs*

But he's back next week YAY!!!!!!!!

Let the smut resume!!!!!!!

We are all just waiting for medicals,vetting and merit numbers.
    Prob not much going on cos we are all biting our ( perfectly manicured nails)
    :D

Yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing the outcome of Zzoop's call Re: the merit list/first intake.

Full marks to Rob-117 for effort though. Gotta love the enthusiasm he displayed. It's just a shame noone could replace JVB in the eyes of the girly-thread.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing the outcome of Zzoop's call Re: the merit list/first intake.

Full marks to Rob-117 for effort though. Gotta love the enthusiasm he displayed. It's just a shame noone could replace JVB in the eyes of the girly-thread.

Yes we commend his enthusiasm but JVB is one of a kind!!!!
    Wonder if zZoop has phoned yet?
    Bit of a bummer still acs into next week, really thought that this week would have finished them. Fairly glad I havent had the wait that PYG etc has had since AC!!!!!!!
    I'm just praying and hoping that I've done well enough to be sent vetting forms.....dont think so though. But still pleased to have passed AC first time, will stand me good fro next time around in C15!:D

• Advertisement

Hi girlies,
    Got my defferal :)

ah, good good, when do you start then?

October intake. Can't wait. I'll be back from honeymoon and ready to start a new career. It will be great. Hope you guys can join me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

Yes we commend his enthusiasm but JVB is one of a kind!!!!
    Wonder if zZoop has phoned yet?
    Bit of a bummer still acs into next week, really thought that this week would have finished them. Fairly glad I havent had the wait that PYG etc has had since AC!!!!!!!
    I'm just praying and hoping that I've done well enough to be sent vetting forms.....dont think so though. But still pleased to have passed AC first time, will stand me good fro next time around in C15!:D

Yes, yes he did.

I kinda spiced the conversation up a little in my post.. you know.. make the conversation less boring.

No it's not a Halo thing, I've been usin it on boards since before that John-117 bastard came along!

Hey Makepeace, I'm on the October intake too! Go team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

long time no speaaaakk to anyone:eek: failed a module at uni so been stressed out revising for it, so only really geting to sign back on now and got a major setback for c13 and 14, so havent been in the mood:( much craic in the past two weeks??? gna take me ages reading back through all the msgs!!:mad:

given1 wrote: »
    long time no speaaaakk to anyone:eek: failed a module at uni so been stressed out revising for it, so only really geting to sign back on now and got a major setback for c13 and 14, so havent been in the mood:( much craic in the past two weeks??? gna take me ages reading back through all the msgs!!:mad:

whats wrong with c13 and 14???

whats wrong with c13 and 14???

Dodgy Knee???:(

Thats what i thought, then i thought maybe something else happened:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

jeez just noticed the amount of posts you two (mgh & pyg) have!! I think I'm at 30 or something :( will need to buck me ideas up a bit :p

Does anyone think the merit pool will follow the line of the AC results and be ready earlier than expected?

Advertisement