Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls Only - No Manginas Allowed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

squirrel81 wrote: »
    jeez just noticed the amount of posts you two (mgh & pyg) have!! I think I'm at 30 or something :( will need to buck me ideas up a bit :p

Does anyone think the merit pool will follow the line of the AC results and be ready earlier than expected?

Yes PYG and I have no life.:D

Hope the merit pool will be ready earlier than that, the thought of waiting til the end of Sept....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

you will both have v.v.g merit placings with the amount of insider info you have :D Monday tomorrow :( we got a note from the nie saying our electric will be off at work all day tomorrow, but, our boss is making us all come in :mad: have you ever heard the like?! I really hope the psni works out....

you will both have v.v.g merit placings with the amount of insider info you have :D Monday tomorrow :( we got a note from the nie saying our electric will be off at work all day tomorrow, but, our boss is making us all come in :mad: have you ever heard the like?! I really hope the psni works out....

No insider info!! Did have some coaching for the AC and glad I did I can tell you, there is no way I could have passed it going in blind.
    Dont think have done enough to get good merit this time round but will be well prepared for re-applying in April 09!!!!!!!!!

No insider info!! Did have some coaching for the AC and glad I did I can tell you, there is no way I could have passed it going in blind.
    Dont think have done enough to get good merit this time round but will be well prepared for re-applying in April 09!!!!!!!!!

sorry, insider info was the wrong phrase to use! I meant all the info on the boards, there must be a load Ive missed from not checking here as often as I should have done. :o Ah well, sure we'll see when the scores are ready!

sorry, insider info was the wrong phrase to use! I meant all the info on the boards, there must be a load Ive missed from not checking here as often as I should have done. :o Ah well, sure we'll see when the scores are ready!

I think we all need another night out to forget about our recruitment blues.....:p

• Advertisement

oh yes, and count me in, though I'll have some catching up to do after missing the last night! Are you sure everyone will be ready for another 2 day hangover? :D

oh yes, and count me in, though I'll have some catching up to do after missing the last night! Are you sure everyone will be ready for another 2 day hangover? :D

Hmmmm methinks might not drink just as much this time round....will have to stay away from JVB if thats the case.......he appeared to have a vodka tap hidden on his person that night.....:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

anyone experience flooding? It was inches from my front door, thankfully we've a step. It was crazy fast, proper river outside my front window. Those poor folks on the news, whose houses were damaged, it's so sad.

The boyfriends parents were visiting "the emerald isle" and ended up carrying sandbags for the next door neighbours!

That must be all the ACs finished now?

I'm just trying focus on getting healthy n fit invade I get a medical date. My gym re-opens today, it's very nice, all new equipment.

Ciao, Fo

oh you were lucky then fo, glad it didnt make it any further into your house :eek: Water came through our conservatory roof, but nothing like people on the news, must be awful :( Do your boyfriend's parents like it over here? My husband is from across the water and his mum and dad love it so much they were talking about moving over :eek::eek::eek:. COuld you imagine? Ha no, it would be nice really :D

on the gym thing, going by what the ones in GV at the moment are saying, its upper body strength thats vital for this push pull thingy. Im quite short and small, so I got the guy at the gym to do a programme that would help get me beefed up a bit. It seems to be working! Working on my running too. All this effort, and it could all be for nothing :o but....have to keep thinking positive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Fo wrote: »
    anyone experience flooding? It was inches from my front door, thankfully we've a step. It was crazy fast, proper river outside my front window. Those poor folks on the news, whose houses were damaged, it's so sad.

The boyfriends parents were visiting "the emerald isle" and ended up carrying sandbags for the next door neighbours!

That must be all the ACs finished now?

I'm just trying focus on getting healthy n fit invade I get a medical date. My gym re-opens today, it's very nice, all new equipment.

Ciao, Fo

Yeah my road was flooded cause of the river and other wee streams. It was coming up my drive and every time a car went through it a wave came further up the drive!!! I think it was worse in urban areas where the drains etc were under more strain. I live in the country so the fields take a lot of the water.

There are still overseas Ac's going on. That person from canada Canuck4psni has their IST today and if they pass then the AC is tomorrow!

that would be a mad couple of days, one straight after another! would be needing a stiff drink after that I think :D

There are still overseas Ac's going on. That person from canada Canuck4psni has their IST today and if they pass then the AC is tomorrow!

I've just had a PM from a new member whose AC is Friday. Surely this has to be the end?????????????????

Oh gosh! Hope your conservatory wasn't damaged too badly! That's awful, We were lucky. I had horrible visions of waking up in the night by my puppy yelping for help, he was lovely and dry when i went down the next morning! phew!

His parents liked it considering the rainfall! It was their 1st time in N.Ireland, they had only previously visitied Rep of Ireland. We took them to Giants Causeway and they were delighted to see it and tried to show them the Mournes, but was soo misty could bearly see them from actual Newcastle town!!

They'll have to come see it all again another time :)

I'm quite short aswell (5ft 3) but I have been doing weights to strengthen, so glad this gym is now open - it's gorgous!! The changing rooms/shower & Sauna/Steam is fab. Had a really good workout today, MGH would be proud of me!

:)

Had a really good workout today, MGH would be proud of me!

She is!
    She loves ya!;)

She needs to get her own fat ass in gear!!!:D

You went to the Causeway and never came to visit me!!! Im hurt:(

aw thanks for asking Fo, it was ok, just a good bit of mopping up to do! What sort of wee pup do you have? Id love a wee dog :) Im 5ft 4, we'd never have been able to go for the police before they got rid of the height regulations :p I fancied a wee chill out in the sauna/jacuzzi bit at my gym on Sunday, but it was closed for 'essential maintenance' - made me think the council had been in and was none too happy. Dirty jacuzzi water i bet, bleugh :p glad his parents enjoyed their time over!

You went to the Causeway and never came to visit me!!! Im hurt:(

I did think of you while I was there, and Maura. Ballycastle just up the road isn't it, beautiful area you live in PYG!! :)

aw thanks for asking Fo, it was ok, just a good bit of mopping up to do! What sort of wee pup do you have? Id love a wee dog :) Im 5ft 4, we'd never have been able to go for the police before they got rid of the height regulations :p I fancied a wee chill out in the sauna/jacuzzi bit at my gym on Sunday, but it was closed for 'essential maintenance' - made me think the council had been in and was none too happy. Dirty jacuzzi water i bet, bleugh :p glad his parents enjoyed their time over!

I've a 8month old cavalier king Charles spaniel! He's a real cutie, does a few tricks (quite easy to train if you start early) but can be mischevious! Running off with socks and my best lipstick for example, ha ha.

Thankfully they've got rid of that height restriction!!!

P.s. Dirty jacuzzi... eeugh! :D

• Advertisement

I did think of you while I was there, and Maura. Ballycastle just up the road isn't it, beautiful area you live in PYG!! :)

Yeah Ballycastle is along the coast from the causeway. I live between the two. Bet you got a horrible wet day to come up this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

Hello people! long time no speak
    Last AC is this friday. officially, or so consensia told me last week
    so whats craicin on here??

Maura2145 wrote: »
    Hello people! long time no speak
    Last AC is this friday. officially, or so consensia told me last week
    so whats craicin on here??

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

All the girls in GV together ( fingers crossed! )

If last AC Friday, surely they wont need til end of Sept to have merit placings????????????????????:confused:

Well done Maura, MGH blabbed!!!:D

Yeah Ballycastle is along the coast from the causeway. I live between the two. Bet you got a horrible wet day to come up this way.

We went up on Sunday, and the sun was shining! Very lucky considering sat's weather was atrocious! X

I was off on sunday so i went a drive round the coast to portrush and got ice cream. yumyum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Rob-117

I had ice cream once..........

Rob-117 wrote: »
    I had ice cream once..........

Many many moons ago on a galaxy far far away perchance?:p

Gosh it's sooooo lonely on here:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

All the girls in GV together ( fingers crossed! )

If last AC Friday, surely they wont need til end of Sept to have merit placings????????????????????:confused:

Thanks!another step forward, tho confidence still fails me. i wonder how many people are a this stage now

yea you wouldnt think they would need a month to place everyone but i suppose you never know. maybe its late sept max

Maura2145 wrote: »
    Thanks!another step forward, tho confidence still fails me. i wonder how many people are a this stage now

yea you wouldnt think they would need a month to place everyone but i suppose you never know. maybe its late sept max

I'd love to know how many that pass actually go into merit pool. Surely not all?

Girls night out? All those in favour say aye!!!;)

Aye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Rob-117

Nay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Aye ;)

• Advertisement

Super duper, so far three vaginas and one mangina!!!

:p

Super duper, so far three vaginas and one mangina!!!

:p

Ahem, I think you'll find I hold a honoury vagina! Heck I spend so much time in here I think I'm starting to turn into a woman (oh the thought, my own breasts lol)

Are you lonesome tonight,
    Do you miss me tonight?
    Are you sorry we drifted apart?
    Does your memory stray to a brighter sunny day
    When I kissed you and called you sweetheart?
    Do the chairs in your parlor seem empty and bare?
    Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there?
    Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again?
    Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight?

Jaysus, I'd hate to be around you lot in mourning!!! I go away for a few weeks and it seems the hunting season has finished! Come on, take the thumb from your mouth, put your security cushions down and getting typin' ...

JVB wrote: »
    Are you lonesome tonight,
    Do you miss me tonight?
    Are you sorry we drifted apart?
    Does your memory stray to a brighter sunny day
    When I kissed you and called you sweetheart?
    Do the chairs in your parlor seem empty and bare?
    Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there?
    Is your heart filled with pain, shall I come back again?
    Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight?

Jaysus, I'd hate to be around you lot in mourning!!! I go away for a few weeks and it seems the hunting season has finished! Come on, take the thumb from your mouth, put your security cushions down and getting typin' ...

Oh give over! Alright we missed you dont rub it in! And you can kiss me and call me sweetheart anytime you like.:eek:

Not much to report.....joining new gym so getting a total going over ( and not in the good way either ) on thursday night, yeee-ikes.

September ( not the first two weekends ) sounds good BTW!
    But we are not going you know where!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I cant cope:o.

And we'll have to make it a Friday night....I cant do drinking during weeknights.....its too scary on everyone at work the next day!:p

:D LOL :D Yeh back end of Sept is good. Can't guarantee you won't be dragged down some alley to a dodgy joint tho ;)

• Advertisement

Currently Active Users
    1 (1 members & 0 guests)
    JVB

Talk about being dumped. I'm going to the loft to get my security cushion out ... :rolleyes: ;)

Currently Active Users
    1 (1 members & 0 guests)
    JVB

Talk about being dumped. I'm going to the loft to get my security cushion out ... :rolleyes: ;)

I'm here!!

Though I am a bit hot and bothered about the thought of being dragged down a dark alley by you...:P

I never said a dark alley, a well lit one would do just fine too :D

I never said a dark alley, a well lit one would do just fine too :D

OOh like it with the light on.....fine by me!!;)

It's not exactly straight out of a Jane Austen novel is it? But then when is life ever? :D

It's not exactly straight out of a Jane Austen novel is it? But then when is life ever? :D

More Jilly Cooper than Jane Austen LOL

Ah life, funny old thing innit?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

Get a room you two..;):D

Ah life, funny old thing innit?:rolleyes:

That it is, that it is.

*stokes camp fire and gazes at stars*

Are you going all Country and Western on me?!
    You'd suit a ten gallon hat though LOL

Yeeee-hhhaaawwwwwwwwww

I'm away to put some grits on the stove...

Get a room you two..;):D

Calm down, we're speshial friends:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement