Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls Only - No Manginas Allowed!

1252627282931»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

All i wanted was a wee bit of foundation! How do they exoerct me to get a fella when I have no make up on???? Are you even allowed a shower and deodorant? Bet you are allowed make up in prison!!:mad:
    because gville isnt about pulling lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

smyff wrote: »
    because gville isnt about pulling lads

I know, but gotta look half nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

All i wanted was a wee bit of foundation! How do they exoerct me to get a fella when I have no make up on???? Are you even allowed a shower and deodorant? Bet you are allowed make up in prison!!:mad:

deal with it, i had to skin my head to a nought:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

given1 wrote: »

Haha. Youre still the cutie in the squad tho. Suck it up lawd.....

Awh poor wee given. No need for your GHDs or the lend of a brolly! LOL

• Advertisement

Haha. Youre still the cutie in the squad tho. Suck it up lawd.....

haha wait til yas see me, " maghaberry is that way" lol you should see me with all the stubble, staff would luv me:D

Awh poor wee given. No need for your GHDs or the lend of a brolly! LOL

lol i found a new use for the ghds......creases on the uniform, they work a treat:pac:

"Thou shall never be the same psni uniform twice":D

lol i found a new use for the ghds......creases on the uniform, they work a treat:pac:

"Thou shall never be the same psni uniform twice":D

What are you like?

I cant imagin you with no hair, it was your pride, your joy, your baby!

As for the rest of the uniform, do you use an iron?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

is there any rules re the length of hair? as in how short you can go? i think if i was to get in id go for a 1 all over for handiness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Love this post. Straight to the point. No bullsh*t.

IF I ever get in the first thing I'm doing is getting my eye lashes tinted, without mascara I have "barney rubble eyes".

Rosco you've long hair havnt you? What way do you suggest ladies with long locks put their hair up for parade? :)
    As it happens yes. I do have a few tips that i shall list in the form of bullet points:-

. Have a wee word with your heels and make up bag. Explain clearly that its not them. Its you. You have to go away for a while but youll be back.
    . Bring "comfy" clothes. You want to chillax. And lets face it. All the guys have seen you sans make up so youre impressing nobody.
    . Hairspray. Buy it by the case. If your hair is "flyaway"...no amount of hairspray will do. May i suggest superglue though its a bit hard to wash out.
    . Illusions....Dont pack them.
    . Good pants. Because the very attractive trousers just give you a constant bum wedgie.
    . Patience. Pack as much as you can.
    . Thick skin. Helps heaps.
    . Get your "beauty regime" down to 30 seconds.
    . Party feet. Girly speak for insoles. Our feet were just not made for boots.
    . Visit beauticians before intake. Wax and tint everything....
    . Get a BIG voice. Rent one if you must.

Hope that helps the girlies. Oh aye. No pink glittery pens, hole punches, staplers etc. ....Theres nothing wrong with them. I just hate them.

• Advertisement

PYG, are we not allowed foundation?!? :( maybe tinted moisturiser would bd ok :confused:

Fo wrote: »
    PYG, are we not allowed foundation?!? :( maybe tinted moisturiser would bd ok :confused:

Doesnt seem that we are, I would say they would sus the tinted moisturiser as well. You arent even allowed vaseline on your lips. Nothing like making us look like tramps (speaking for myself there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

okay am soooo shallow but i am not liking the no makeup rule.... i have not been out of the house with no make-up on since i was 15:P and it's not like i have an orange bake or anything, i am very good with cosmetics, i also have see-through eyelashes ..... am thinking my confidence is going to take a bit of a dent here:(

technically speaking a light self-tan could go undetected and I'd imagine a tinted moisturiser would be okay, cos it is a moisturiser with spf and therefore is a protective barrier for all that outdoor fun!:)

The prospect of wearing no makeup frightens me greatly.

The thing about my eyelashes is; they're just plain stupid because im a dark-eyed brunette!

I think i'll definately attempt to get away with tinted moisturiser.

I totally agree with the slip in confidence too, and looking like tramps. I just cannot get up @ 5am and face the world without some makeup on!

okay am soooo shallow but i am not liking the no makeup rule.... i have not been out of the house with no make-up on since i was 15:P and it's not like i have an orange bake or anything, i am very good with cosmetics, i have to be cos it's my job! i also have see-through eyelashes cos i am quite fairhaired and fairskinned. i have a bit of problem with my skin too, very, very prone to quite bad breakouts (thought that you grew out of that, my hormones obviously have other ideas, and antibiotics have done damn all to help).... am thinking my confidence is going to take a bit of a dent here:(

technically speaking a light self-tan could go undetected and I'd imagine a tinted moisturiser would be okay, cos it is a moisturiser with spf and therefore is a protective barrier for all that outdoor fun!:)

Members:

PapaYankeeGirl
    PeggySuesMama
    Fo

Out of us 3 im the only one with visable lashes!:p

Members:

PapaYankeeGirl
    PeggySuesMama
    Fo

Out of us 3 im the only one with visable lashes!:p

LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

jeez cmon ladies. lets face it, at hotel GV realistically how you look with or without makeup should / will be the last of your worries lol

surely the 5 minutes it takes to wack some slap on could be better spent bulling your boots, sorting uniform etc rather than smacking on some mascara thats gonna end up with you dragging your ass round the parade square in the rain on your lunch break LOL

bc84 wrote: »
    jeez cmon ladies. lets face it, at hotel GV realistically how you look with or without makeup should / will be the last of your worries lol

surely the 5 minutes it takes to wack some slap on could be better spent bulling your boots, sorting uniform etc rather than smacking on some mascara thats gonna end up with you dragging your ass round the parade square in the rain on your lunch break LOL

Duly noted, though it is nice to look nice :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭beca

Over here before we get the knuckles rapped! :eek:

bc84 wrote: »

And that's exactly why we have waterproof mascara! Ready for anything we are :D

• Advertisement

And that's exactly why we have waterproof mascara! Ready for anything we are :D

haha! nice one! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Bubbles34

lol..................never noticed this thread before..................this could be fun......lol

Bubbles34 wrote: »
    lol..................never noticed this thread before..................this could be fun......lol

no manginas!! ie not you!! lol ok you could be an honarary mangina ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Bubbles34

beca wrote: »
    no manginas!! ie not you!! lol ok you could be an honarary mangina ;)

I am so honoured...........with a username like Bubbles......I thought I might be able to slip in here un-noticed....lol.............thinkin of changin my username to somethin like..........Bighairyman?? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fefe5

Since some of us are now preparing for the A/C... surely Girls only-no manginas allowed should be open to both genders. Hence we can practice being diverse :p lol

:D

fefe5 wrote: »
    Since some of us are now preparing for the A/C... surely Girls only-no manginas allowed should be open to both genders. Hence we can practice being diverse :p lol

:D

i hear ya! but the guys will have to put up with us talking about what to wear and the trousers in GV etc etc ;) the fellas may even be useful in practising roleplays :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 slunk2

I dont really do msg boards or know how they work, but can someone tell me why I recieved my vetting forms less than a week after my AC? is this a good thing, what does it mean???? I am a bit confused cos I wasnt expecting them til after my results (as was explained by deloitte)

Slunk2, I may be wrong as I've never got that far yet, but going by what I've read on here in the past, I'd say you've got a pretty comfortable score in your AC. Are you RC by any chance? Strictly speaking recieving vetting forms so early doesn't necessarily mean you've passed as the AC's aren't all done so the pass mark will go up and down depending on how everyone else does, but if you've done particularly well, especially if you're RC I think they send them out early to get the ball rolling.

And is it just me or is this campaign going incredibly fast for some and incredibly slow for others?? I'm stuck on the 2nd boat unfortunately, I've still a pretty long wait till I even
    do my AC :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 slunk2

Plugin... got my pass letter today and sent my vetting forms off.. fingers crossed!! Now very optimistic about the whole thing!! Yeah things moved pretty quickly I only did my AC last Tuesday recieved my vetting forms on Thurs, IST score on Fri and AC Pass letter 2day... I think u'll be fine, just keep thinking positive!! How many times have u been through it? Yea I am RC but I don't think that is why I am getting through because there has 2 be QUITE a few more going through aswell! But think its a good omen that this is potentially the last 50/50 drive.

• Advertisement

And is it just me or is this campaign going incredibly fast for some and incredibly slow for others?? I'm stuck on the 2nd boat unfortunately, I've still a pretty long wait till I even
    do my AC :(

I hear ya!! AC... lets be havin ye already!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

I'll second that beca......

Woop rock on the slow boat! Slow and steady does it I guess :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rashe591

wow i only just noticed this, it's cool how it is for girls only!:) i'm just wondering are any of you in GV already? And if so what is it like, i start in August eek!:)

Advertisement