Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls Only - No Manginas Allowed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

JVB wrote: »
    Well girls it looks like we men are going to have to officially hijack your thread now for idle banter.

lol was going to say so much for this being a no maginas thread:P will there be a final pm going out with the final aragements for next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

given1 wrote: »
    JVB wrote: »
    Well girls it looks like we men are going to have to officially hijack your thread now for idle banter.

lol was going to say so much for this being a no maginas thread:P will there be a final pm going out with the final aragements for next week?

Yes there will be I just need to speak to alanbelfast first then I'll let y'all know!!

Should be a great night, hope you're all looking forward to it!:D

MGH shouldnt u be otherwise occupied

Text u later chick to tell you all:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

And you know you love the prison talk, bitch:p

Never had the opportunity to love it, thankfully! Although I suppose I could get used to a womens prison. Though they'd probably make me their biatch in there; and they'd look nothing like I'd imagine them to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Text u later chick to tell you all:rolleyes:

Ut oh:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

just had a brainwave ladies, if nomakeup allowed in the hotel tinted eyelashes will cover the mascara issue. I HATE not having any Make up on! Agh!
    Look like the bride of frankinstine!

Fo wrote: »
    just had a brainwave ladies, if nomakeup allowed in the hotel tinted eyelashes will cover the mascara issue. I HATE not having any Make up on! Agh!

I dont wear mascara on a daily basis so im not worried on that front! The fact that i cant wear foundation and powder is awful!!!!

Men get it sooooooooo easy!!!!! (no smart comments JVB!!:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I dont wear mascara on a daily basis so im not worried on that front! The fact that i cant wear foundation and powder is awful!!!!

Makeup! This is one of the reasons it's good to be a bloke. :D

Ut oh:(

The opposite actually!!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

carlty888 wrote: »
    Makeup! This is one of the reasons it's good to be a bloke. :D

Yeah that and being able to pee standing up

• Advertisement

The opposite actually!!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Phew!!!:) You had me all worried!!!!

Phew!!!:) You had me all worried!!!!

All good in the hood hun.
    Nipping in and out here whilst trying to get this massive spreadsheet finished.

Think you should def get results today and dont worry you will have passed with flying colours, you are probably No1 in the merit pool!!!!!

Yeah that and being able to pee standing up

lolol that men are like portable loos:D

All good in the hood hun.
    Nipping in and out here whilst trying to get this massive spreadsheet finished.

Think you should def get results today and dont worry you will have passed with flying colours, you are probably No1 in the merit pool!!!!!

Number 1001!! Probably!!:(

spreadsheets!!!!! FUN FUN FUN:D

spreadsheets!!!!! FUN FUN FUN:D

Oh yeah. Hilarious.

Im away to watch loose women and straighten my fuzz bomb:rolleyes:

Lucky you! Ive no eyes without mascara. Barney Rubble eyes!

Lucky you! Ive no eyes without mascara. Barney Rubble eyes!

We will all be garnerville getting up at half five in the morning to straighten our hair and spend 2 hours putting on make up so subtly that it looks like we are not wearing any.......:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Just a quick note here

The question was raised on SRN about Make-Up and the instructors did say it was OK, Within reason. What within reason means, I don't know, but it does sound like ya can wear some at least

Just a quick note here

The question was raised on SRN about Make-Up and the instructors did say it was OK, Within reason. What within reason means, I don't know, but it does sound like ya can wear some at least

SO you will just be wearing a spot of foundation, some lipstick and blusher then........

• Advertisement

Just a quick note here

Great News Alanbelfast - Thanks!!!
    I was @ a SRN night a few yrs ago with my ex - Congratulations (if a lil belated!)

Great News Alanbelfast - Thanks!!!
    I was @ a SRN night a few yrs ago with my ex - Congratulations (if a lil belated!)

OOOH you lucky thing!!!! Will quiz you all about it next week LOL:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Kirksbabe

Pleassssssse tell me I can bring my GHD's my life would not be worth the living without them. I would be too scary to police the country without my straighteners. If I have to get a crop I will cry!!!!!!:(

I just read that and sound totally vain, but really they are soooo important to me, my kids even know never to go near mummies hair straighteners!!

Kirksbabe wrote: »
    Pleassssssse tell me I can bring my GHD's my life would not be worth the living without them. I would be too scary to police the country without my straighteners. If I have to get a crop I will cry!!!!!!:(

I just read that and sound totally vain, but really they are soooo important to me, my kids even know never to go near mummies hair straighteners!!

I think you'll be okay hun!!!
    I do have a crop ( good sensible policewomans haircut!!) but its longer on the top and my hair is naturally curly so I cant live without straighteners!!!
    PYG also cant live without hers so we're all in the same boat!

;)

Seems its not a girly thing either, Given1 is fretting about being able to take his to GV LOL

GHD's can be brought to the hotel. Any electrical equipment must be handed in, and must be passed electrically 'fit' for purpose.

GHD's can be brought to the hotel. Any electrical equipment must be handed in, and must be passed electrically 'fit' for purpose.

so anything battery operated will be okay then......:eek: lol

This room should be renamed............The innuendo room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Griffer2

I was just waiting for a Comment like that

i was just to scared to say it lol

This room should be renamed............The innuendo room

You lot love it!
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

:mad::mad::mad:

Hello MrsGH, I am in need of your expert opinion....

I bought a really good treadmill just over a week ago and have been building up on it as best as I can (I'm extrememly unfit :eek:) from walking a minute and running for 2 up to 22 mins or so and now am running for 4-5 mins and walking for 1 etc for 28 mins. I've really been pushing myself on the damn thing every day and weighed myself this morning and lost....zilch, nada, nought, sfa :mad:. I have not been eating more than usual and have been trying to eat healthier and not at all in the evenings. Grrrrr.......is this normal and do I need to give it another while before I see any results on the scales???. I would like to ideally lose a stone before the medical (if I get that far) although I am below the max bmi now - I'd like to be slimmer and fitter just in case I get into hotel garnerville :eek:.

Hmmmpppphhhhhh....perhaps I'm just too impatient!

P.S. Any other experts out there, I'd also welcome you advice?

Hello MrsGH, I am in need of your expert opinion....

I bought a really good treadmill just over a week ago and have been building up on it as best as I can (I'm extrememly unfit :eek:) from walking a minute and running for 2 up to 22 mins or so and now am running for 4-5 mins and walking for 1 etc for 28 mins. I've really been pushing myself on the damn thing every day and weighed myself this morning and lost....zilch, nada, nought, sfa :mad:. I have not been eating more than usual and have been trying to eat healthier and not at all in the evenings. Grrrrr.......is this normal and do I need to give it another while before I see any results on the scales???. I would like to ideally lose a stone before the medical (if I get that far) although I am below the max bmi now - I'd like to be slimmer and fitter just in case I get into hotel garnerville :eek:.

Hey chick
    I am nooooo expert but have lost six stone so feel I can offer you a bit of advice.
    I got a personal trainer when I joined the gym and I thoroughly expected him to shove me on a treadmill until I was puce in the face and sweating like a rapist. He didnt. I actually do very little cardio, most of the work I do with him is weights. Its extremely hard but it works. I asked him why we did very little in the way of cardio and he said simply that theres no need, my heartrate is well up doing weights, I am burning fat and building lean muscle. Dont get me wrong, we do cardio, the b*stard still takes great delight in putting me on the rowing machine and telling me to knock out 2k as fast as I can.
    I havent been to the gym in about three weeks cos I was sick and then he was on holiday and I'm back to the grind on Monday and I cant wait. I'm hopeless without him there to crack the whip!

I am however going to start a running plan I found online which is designed to start as a total beginner and get you being able to run a 5k in less than 30 mins, which is pretty much what is expected of you in Garnerville. I know people who swear by running for getting weight off.

Everyone is different. The key is to do something you enjoy, I never thought I would but I love weight training. I was always afraid that weight training meant you would bulk up like one of those tangoed trannys that you see in muscle mags. Not so. Number one, those be-atches are steroided up to their eyeballs. Number two, you'd pretty much have to train all day every day to get to look like that and lets face it, no sane person would want to. My goal is to get leaner and more conditioned. I still have about another stone and half to lose to get back down to my ideal weight and its going to be tough.

Gyms are expensive and so are personal trainers so I am ( actually was right this minute! ) investigating multi gyms. Seriously thinking of buying one, would save me £65 quid a month in gym fees plus about £300 + a month for personal trainer fees.

ANYTHING you're doing will have a positive effect on your fitness. Interval training seems to be the buzz word, I would google it and see what you can find online as regards a training programme that would suit you.

Food wise, I'd watch the carbs, I have been naughty with them over the last few weeks and its catching up with me. Try not have them after lunch/mid-afternoon at the latest.

Hope this helps but I suspect not!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 regtgunner

It's all about the calories and the balance between how many your taking in and burning. But you've got to be taking in enough to function in your daily life! That and a sensible training program and you'll be up and running! lol
    Once your body gets into the routine of training and you start seeing results that will keep you motivated!
    Pain is a weakness leaving the body!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

hey MGH, do have a link to the running programme?
    I'm starting this week! (no really i am!)

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I've never tried this posting a link thingy before hope it works...

into hotel garnerville :eek:.

Hi

Get stuck into the interval training on the treadmill........Run for as long as you can at a comfortable 9kph. Have 1 minute rest. Get on the treadmill and set it to 13kph. do a sprint for a minute then jump off for 1 minute. Then do again and again and again. Do this at least 10 times. Then next time you do it.....the 1 minute break decreases to 30 seconds......Believe it or not it's actual fact that you burn more fat doing weight training. But in return this creates lean muscle, and this will make you heavier as muscle is heavier than fat.

The first program my personal trainer put me on was.........3mile run .....keep running as much as possible...even if u have to fast walk for a while to get the breathe back then pick up the pace again. record your time and then this is your bench mark to work too. You don;t have to do 3 miles but i recommend somthing out of your 'comfort' zone so as you will push yourself and thus give a true picture of what you actually can do.

Best advice..........Go to a personal trainer for 2 or 3 sessions max. They know their stuff. You can then do the same stuff at home.

Alan

• Advertisement

Got new shoes and bag for next week!!!!! Got the outfit last week!!!:D:D:D PYG is goin to be lookin HOT (NOT)

Got new shoes and bag for next week!!!!! Got the outfit last week!!!:D:D:D PYG is goin to be lookin HOT

FIERCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot hotty Hot Hot!!!:cool:

And i'll look like your mother....*groans*

lol alan youve made my day about electrical equipment:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

Mrs gene hunt, the reason your traininer didnt make you do cardio such as running is because if someone is over weight by a good bit and six stone is a good bit, then running is only going to do them more harm than good. It will put alot of strain on the joints, and they will probably get lower back injuries from running with the strain on it. Weights strengthen all this while at the same time adding muscle which automatically increases metabolism and gives good fat loss.

i always laugh when i see obese people out jogging instead of doing some squats and deadlifts.

i always laugh when i see obese people out jogging instead of doing some squats and deadlifts.

:eek::eek::eek: I NEVER laugh when i see an "obese" or over weight person out exercising!!!! I think "Go You!!! Keep that up and you'll soon be fitter!"
    At least their out making an effort to lose their excess weight!

• Advertisement

FIERCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot hotty Hot Hot!!!:cool:

And i'll look like your mother....*groans*

Wise up:rolleyes:

*Twin set ? Pearls?*:D

Mrs gene hunt, the reason your traininer didnt make you do cardio such as running is because if someone is over weight by a good bit and six stone is a good bit, then running is only going to do them more harm than good. It will put alot of strain on the joints, and they will probably get lower back injuries from running with the strain on it. Weights strengthen all this while at the same time adding muscle which automatically increases metabolism and gives good fat loss.

I'd lost 5 stone of it by the time I got around to getting a trainer and joining a gym!!!!!!!
    Weight training is definitely the way to go.

Dont laugh at the fatties.....if they're anthing like I was every day was hell...

Thanks for the advice...you are a mine of information :)

So....rather than try and run for a certain time at a certain speed I would be better starting at a distance and trying to improve my time? I have been running at around 5mph and running for 4 mins and walking for 1 X 5 times aiming to be able to run the lot in a few weeks. I think I do around 2 miles which is a bit rubbish, but if I start at say 3 miles do I not worry about the time, just try and do it as quickly as I can and improve on that each time?
    And what sort of weights would you advise? My husband is interested in doing some weight training too. He goes to the gym but only ever does cardio work and would like to improve his upper body strength. I just want to get fit and lose some excess weight (gained when I stopped smoking and not when i had the kids :mad:).
    MBC x

MGH your our inspiration to get fitter!!

I've been using girlie weights at home, I use 5kg when I'm doing crunches on a flat surface, 6kg ball when doing sit ups on a sit up bench and 2.3kg dumbells for my arm curls for biceps. I also do crunches with and wihout weights while balancing on a Swiss ball. And a real fun exercise you can do with a friend or partner is boxercise! Really good for getting the heart rate up and breaking a sweat! You can pick up a pair of gloves & pads cheap from Argos and then look up a few circuits on t'internet. Argos even do pink gloves!
    Swiss ball and dumbells can be picked up cheaply, just depends how long you want them to last! :)

I've been using girlie weights at home, I use 5kg when I'm doing crunches on a flat surface, 6kg ball when doing sit ups on a sit up bench and 2.3kg dumbells for my arm curls for biceps. I also do crunches with and wihout weights while balancing on a Swiss ball. And a real fun exercise you can do with a friend or partner is boxercise! Really good for getting the heart rate up and breaking a sweat! You can pick up a pair of gloves & pads cheap from Argos and then look up a few circuits on t'internet. Argos even do pink gloves!
    Swiss ball and dumbells can be picked up cheaply, just depends how long you want them to last! :)

OOh my trainer makes me do boxing with the pads. I pretend the pads are my big fat cheating slug of an ex and punch seven colours of shee-ite out of them LOL

Picked a multi gym today....being delivered in three weeks woo hooooooo

Hiya Fo

I certainly need some inspiration and some motivation - you can all be my online trainers as you seem so very knowledgeable :-). Sorry for being dense but is a swiss ball a gym ball? And the 6kg ball a medicine ball? Hubby has a medicine ball but I can just about lift it - can't imagine actually doing sit ups with it hahahahahaha (that's hysterical laughter btw). As for the boxercise :o I bought Davina's dvd recently and she has a boxercise session on it which is very good and really I have to motivate myself and get it out again. Also considering a WII fit - anyone got one?
    Right off to do some running to the kitchen to get a beer - (there lies one of the reasons I'm not losing weight ;)) but it is the weekend??!!
    Surely you take a rest sometimes?? :eek:
    Thanks, I'm starting to think you lot could really help me on my way to being a fitter, lighter mean machine :D
    MBC x

Edited as for some reason I got confused and though Fo was referring to me being an inspiration haha - as if. Too many initials to decipher at this time on a Saturday night...

Hiya Fo

I don't know about being an inspiration for anyone else - but I certainly need some lol. Sorry for being dense but is a swiss ball a gym ball? And the 6kg ball a medicine ball? Hubby has a medicine ball but I can just about lift it - can't imagine actually doing sit ups with it hahahahahaha (that's hysterical laughter btw). As for the boxercise :o I bought Davina's dvd recently and she has a boxercise session on it which is very good and really I have to motivate myself and get it out again. Also considering a WII fit - anyone got one?
    Right off to do some running to the kitchen to get a beer - (there lies one of the reasons I'm not losing weight ;)) but it is the weekend??!!
    Surely you take a rest sometimes?? :eek:
    Thanks, I'm starting to think you lot could really help me on my way to being a fitter, lighter mean machine :D
    MBC x

OOh I love medicine balls, my trainer chucks one at me while I am on the swiss (gym) ball and I have to do a sit up then chuck it back at him..

good fun!!!!

And yes, MBC, a little of what you fancy does you good ( takes another slug of sauvignon blanc...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Kirksbabe

The best exercise in the world is having three kids, I never get to sit on my arse for any longer that 5 minutes (except when I am at work or on the computer like now!!). I walk eveywhere and can do up to 9 miles a day. I am just a bit stressed that you are all gonna look like buffed up bods compared to moi!!!!:eek:

Your not dense! Myboyfriend just calls it a Swiss ball. Yeah medicine ball was what I meant, maybe your husbands is heavier? Cause the 6kg isn't too bad. I wouldn't do hundreds of crunches/sit ups, I maybe do 4 sets of 20 repititions. With a breather in between. My core muscles are getting nice and strong, I just need to do cv to burn my Blubber when my gym reopens! Ha! Then I'll have a stomach to die for.. Ha ha! Dream on Fo!!!

Kirksbabe wrote: »
    The best exercise in the world is having three kids, I never get to sit on my arse for any longer that 5 minutes (except when I am at work or on the computer like now!!). I walk eveywhere and can do up to 9 miles a day. I am just a bit stressed that you are all gonna look like buffed up bods compared to moi!!!!:eek:

If you are walking 9 miles a day its highly likely you are gonna be more buffed than any of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe me babe, I am not buff in any way or form but I am a lot better than I used to be. Still a way to go but better than I was.

But on the plus side ( as opposed to the plus size!) at least I love myself now after donkeys years of despising myself.

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement