Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls Only - No Manginas Allowed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Thanks JVB - I can't wait until I don't feel like I'm going to die while on the treadmill lol. We went looking for some weights today but had no idea what to buy so thinking of buying a multigym instead? What do you think?

Can I answer tomorrow please? I'm off to the land of nod as I'm knackered. Will give you a full opinion in the morrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Ok we know she is getting faster but lets not build her hopes up shes not going to be able to fly, only birds fly and airplanes too. :eek:

Haha thanks goodcop - always rely on you to keep me grounded :D

JVB wrote: »
    Can I answer tomorrow please? I'm off to the land of nod as I'm knackered. Will give you a full opinion in the morrow :)

Looking forward to it ;) Nite :P

what about wasps, daddy long legs (badly) and butterfies? I like butterflies.

Eughhhh I hate daddy long legs......:eek: My sister used to pull their legs off and throw their bodies at me when I was kid . Traumatised forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Eughhhh I hate daddy long legs......:eek: My sister used to pull their legs off and throw their bodies at me when I was kid . Traumatised forever.

:o Ashamed to say I did that too. And I hate them now I freak out if i ever get one at home. They way they buzz....ewwwwwww. Its karma you know, it has to be, I'm probably coming back as one and some one will pull my legs off......:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Sounds like you already eat below your advised calorie intake. But crisps instead of a sandwich :eek::eek: If you're into steaming veg's then you're ahead of most people. The George Foreman is good too (the cleaning it isn't :D)
    As Alan said above, don't skip meals or subsitute them for cheat meals (bad ones) but eat healthy most of the time with the foods you enjoy and you'll be grand ;)
    Yeah george foremans are amazing, can cook almost anything on them! Re cleaning it after: I have a spray bottle I fill with water then with the heat on I spritz water on it, most turns to steam and the meat residue, or whatever you had for dinner, just runs off! Then a quick wipe with kitchen roll & she's clean for next use!
    Thanks Alan & JVB!

MBC sounds like you've done amazing on the treadmill, and so soon! Keep up that great work!

After all this fitness talk I am dying to get to gym, hurry up & reopen!!!!

Thanks JVB - I can't wait until I don't feel like I'm going to die while on the treadmill lol. We went looking for some weights today but had no idea what to buy so thinking of buying a multigym instead? What do you think?

Morning MBC. Right I'm all refreshed now :D. Regarding free weights or a multigym; It has long been known that working out with free weights allows for complete freedom of movement and therefore the ability to work each limb and muscle group separately. Using multigyms, whether home systems or machine's in the gym force the body to move in a rigid fashion. This can cause injuries, especially in the shoulders over time. Free weights allow better movement and utilize 'stabilizing' muscles too. For instance, when performing a bench press (with bar or dumb bells) the major muscle used is the chest. Using free weights forces the body to stabilize (balance) the weight above the body using the Lats (Latissimus Dorsi) which are muscles in the middle/outer back. Using this method is therefore more advantageous for overall conditioning

But, quite often free weight training can be time consuming and inconvenient. Using multigyms are still an effective tool, especially for the light to moderate user. Or those who need a quick workout. There are loads of info on the web but I would always suggest you take professional advice from a retailer on which system would suit you best. You can always 'tap' the sales person for their advice and then get yourself a good deal on the net

Additionally, if you want to use free weights but are unsure about exercises to perform or muscle groups worked, I would recommend you go to http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html where there is a wealth of information and correct exercise techniques.

Good luck ;)

*sighs*

Is there anything you dont know?????

My hero:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

I am waiting on ya saying...............If you don't know how to use the weights contact Neil on blah blahblah......or go to his website as I'm on commission lol

Good morning James

I am waiting on ya saying...............If you don't know how to use the weights contact Neil on blah blahblah......or go to his website as I'm on commission lol

Good morning James

Wonder what you'll be up to this time next week matey?!!!:eek:

• Advertisement

We are now bound by the official secrets act ............so I can't divulge what we will be doing next week;)

I could tell ya............but then( well you have watched the movies)

We are now bound by the official secrets act ............so I can't divulge what we will be doing next week;)

I could tell ya............but then( well you have watched the movies)

I dont watch those sorts of movies....i'm a good girl...a very good girl;)

TOP GUN woman TOP GUN..............holy good God does this room have to be all innuendo.
    The quote from the film goes as follows.
    'That's classified'...........'that's what'....'that's classified'........'I could tell ya but then I'd have to kill ya'!
    'Lieutenant the pentagon sees to it that I know more than you'.........'well ma'am it doesn't seem so in this case then does it'?

Yes it was my most fav film and I sorta sadly, pathetically know it word for word lol:eek:

TOP GUN woman TOP GUN..............holy good God does this room have to be all innuendo.
    The quote from the film goes as follows.
    'That's classified'...........'that's what'....'that's classified'........'I could tell ya but then I'd have to kill ya'!
    'Lieutenant the government sees to it that I know more than you'.........'well ma'am it doesn't seem so in this case then does it'?

Yes it was my most fav film and I sorta sadly, pathetically know it word for word lol:eek:

I'm more a Hot Fuzz kinda gal..:D

" My my, here come the fuzz......."

And a little innuendo never hurt anyone....;)

*sighs*

Is there anything you dont know?????

My hero:o

Lol MrsGH, if I had a penny for everytime I heard that. The know-it-all bit not the hero sadly :(;)

Good morning James

it's not blah blahblah, that won't get you anywhere on the super highway. Go here http://wwwneilmctcom.blogspot.com/ :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Couldn't help myself, sorry. (Morning Alan ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

Strong deadlift there. I have seen that guy at strongman competitions before. hes got nothing on my 230 kg deadlift though, ill have him for lunch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

oh just realised theres more to the page than that video. My bad

Lol MrsGH, if I had a penny for everytime I heard that. The know-it-all bit not the hero sadly :(;)

Dont you have any work to do?????:D

• Advertisement

Dont you have any work to do?????:D

Pot - Kettle? I do yes but I'm on strike :D

Pot - Kettle? I do yes but I'm on strike :D

Glass houses, stones?

I'm so super efficient I'm well ahead....:p

Morning MBC. Right I'm all refreshed now :D. Regarding free weights or a multigym; It has long been known that working out with free weights allows for complete freedom of movement and therefore the ability to work each limb and muscle group separately. Using multigyms, whether home systems or machine's in the gym force the body to move in a rigid fashion. This can cause injuries, especially in the shoulders over time. Free weights allow better movement and utilize 'stabilizing' muscles too. For instance, when performing a bench press (with bar or dumb bells) the major muscle used is the chest. Using free weights forces the body to stabilize (balance) the weight above the body using the Lats (Latissimus Dorsi) which are muscles in the middle/outer back. Using this method is therefore more advantageous for overall conditioning

But, quite often free weight training can be time consuming and inconvenient. Using multigyms are still an effective tool, especially for the light to moderate user. Or those who need a quick workout. There are loads of info on the web but I would always suggest you take professional advice from a retailer on which system would suit you best. You can always 'tap' the sales person for their advice and then get yourself a good deal on the net

Additionally, if you want to use free weights but are unsure about exercises to perform or muscle groups worked, I would recommend you go to http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html where there is a wealth of information and correct exercise techniques.

Good luck ;)

Hi JVB

Thanks so much for taking the time to type all that for me! You are both very kind and very knowledgeable :) That's enough flattery for one night don't you think??!! :D

The training is going well - I just ran for 36 mins without stopping to walk at all (a big deal for me lol) and did 3 miles. I honestly never thought I'd see the day I would run for 3 miles without stopping. It's amazing how quickly you can make a difference to your fitness with a bit of effort (especially if you were as unfit as me I'm guessing). I'm off to Donegal on Saturday for a week and my husband (and drill sergeant it seems lol) has informed me we will be going running each morning. I wonder will it be much more difficult running outside?

Anyway...thank you again and if I ever get anything sorted with the weights I'll probably need more advice :rolleyes:

MBC x

MBC

You are going great guns well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And running in Donegal will be lovely, different scenery!!

I am back at the gym, was speaking to my trainer and he's advised me against buying a multigym and instead to go for a bench and free weights so have cancelled the order for the multigym!!!

Waiting on him emailing me some links for the gear he recommends.

He absolutely knackered me tonight, seriously, I was sweating in places I didnt know I had places.....:eek:

Have had a shower, watching the pups on ITV at the mo but think a bath might be in order afterwards....owwwww:(

MBC,

As MrsGH said above, running in Donegal will be good for you, what with all the fresh air and new surroundings. Plus running outdoors is much better than running on treadmills. I would suggest that you try running on beaches a few times if you can. Make sure it's near the water line where the sand is compacted and not further up the beach or you will be busted after 5 mins :p Get the Chariots of Fire theme on your ipod for maximum effect too :D
    Also, when running at home make sure your treadmill is set to a 1 - 2 degree incline to simulate the resistance of running outdoors.

Keep up the good work ;)

MBC,

As MrsGH said above, running in Donegal will be good for you, what with all the fresh air and new surroundings. Plus running outdoors is much better than running on treadmills. I would suggest that you try running on beaches a few times if you can. Make sure it's near the water line where the sand is compacted and not further up the beach or you will be busted after 5 mins :p Get the Chariots of Fire theme on your ipod for maximum effect too :D
    Also, when running at home make sure your treadmill is set to a 1 - 2 degree incline to simulate the resistance of running outdoors.

Keep up the good work ;)

Ah JVB trainer to the boardsies. For more info go to
    www.jvbtrainingboardsiestobepeelers.com

LOL:p

I was at the gym last night and now my legs dont work. Damn you split squats and deadlifts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

MBC,

Keep up the good work ;)

Mornin' JVB

At the risk of boring you rigid with this :eek:, will you please help me with something...as well as really wanting to get fit my main motivation for starting running was to lose weight. I have now been running (walking at first) for approx 30 mins everyday for the past 10 days, and the past 3 days I have been running 3 miles and feeling so much fitter already. I've been really pleased with myself but when I stepped on the scales this morning I weighed exactly the same as I did before I started - not even a pound off :mad::mad::mad:. Now I wasn't expecting miracles but thought even 2lb loss would have been expected.
    I haven't upped my calorie intake at all, if anything I have been eating healthier and less though conscious not to be eating too little (as I think I may have been for the first few days). Can you tell me if it just takes a while before weight loss kicks in or do I need to make other changes? Feeling very demotivated today :(

MBC

Dont get fixated on the weight thing, thats one of the first thing my trainer told me.

You are probably building muscle, and losing inches!

:D

Ah JVB trainer to the boardsies. For more info go to
    www.jvbtrainingboardsiestobepeelers.com

LOL:p

I was at the gym last night and now my legs dont work. Damn you split squats and deadlifts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That link doesn't work lol. I wonder how many click it just to see though :D

That link doesn't work lol. I wonder how many click it just to see though :D

*chuckles evilly*
    :P

MBC

Again as MrsGH said (darn you! lol) don't fixate on the scales or you will loose motivation quickly. How do you feel because your fitness has improved and as MrsGH alluded to (again :rolleyes:) muscles weigh more than fat - not saying you're fat my dear :eek: we all carry fat. So you could be toning muscles whilst losing fat. Plus I remember that you said in an earlier post that you walk miles each day with the kids; well this has probably given you a base fitness that you weren't even aware of. In most early cases of a weight loss programme the initial loss is from water retention, but if you were already fairly active (walking) then yours won't be so 'obvious' at first.
    Just keep up the training, eat well and you'll improve. Don't expect overnight results and stay off the scales for a while ;)

Signed: Mr Motivator (without the tight lycra lol)

• Advertisement

Whooaah it's quiet in here tonight. What the heck are you all doing, painting your toe nails?

*I know 4 of you are painting yout toe nails;)*

I'm off for some beauty sleep. Alas too late for tomorrow I fear :D

Whooaah it's quiet in here tonight. What the heck are you all doing, painting your toe nails?

*I know 4 of you are painting yout toe nails;)*

I'm off for some beauty sleep. Alas too late for tomorrow I fear :D

how did you guess?! Mine r pink!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Fo wrote: »
    how did you guess?! Mine r pink!

I went for hooker red. :D

carlty888 wrote: »

Aaawwww crap! Did I type that? Where's the edit button? :D:D:D:D

carlty888 wrote: »

The correct colour is Slutty Sunset...... :p

Not me, cloven hooves dont really require much in the way of a pedicure....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

I must say mine are whore red:D

I must say mine are whore red:D

if the shoe fits.......

KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The correct colour is Slutty Sunset...... :p
    Sorry, I dont know the names, I just like the pretty colours. :D:D:D

ever drinking again.

ever

ever ever

I blame JVB.

Well I have to blame somebody, cant be my own fault surely?!!!!!:p

• Advertisement

4hr sleep is not a good look!

I'm all cosy wosey in my sleeping blanket watching the Tv...........dying bigtime. I need a big greasy fry to sort me!

I blame JVB.

Well I have to blame somebody, cant be my own fault surely?!!!!!:p

:eek::eek::eek: Choc Pops anyone? :D:D:D

Morning ravers ;) Great night, had a blast. Tho this is the first and last post from me today. I fear that I may vomit on my keyboard at any moment ...

:eek::eek::eek: Choc Pops anyone? :D:D:D

Morning ravers ;) Great night, had a blast. Tho this is the first and last post from me today. I fear that I may vomit on my keyboard at any moment ...

I have NO CLUE how we all managed to get up this morning - was not a pretty sight ay casa del MGH.

Choc pops......bleugh......*heaves*

"di*k all" sleep to be precise.

any volunteers to make me a big greasy fry?

was a blast, I'm not too bad today... Think I'm still drunk.

Love you guys, plus Pup is a gentleman, refused to take taxi money off me!!

Yeah love all u peeps too. Pup is really dead on, Just hope his medical comes threw

What a sweetheart.
    I was def still drunk this morning.

Loves to y'all:D

• Advertisement

No bloomin food in the house......me is go go starve.
    Flaming eating grapes like im in hospital or something !

Advertisement