Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devil May Cry 4 PC

Options
  • 11-07-2008 9:32pm
    Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭

I see DMC 4 was just released on the PC and having searched the net I have only come across one review for the PC version that said it was average overall. But said it was graphically quite good with a DX10 mode (but not stating what it does over DX 9) and one or two additional gameplay modes over the console versions. It lacks mouse support but I think its the sort of game your better off playing with a joypad which I have so thats not an issue for.

Never played a Devil May Cry 4 game before and was wondering what peoples views are on it and has anyone played the PC version yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I've played the PS3 version but got the PC version to see what it's like. Graphically it doesn't look like there's any noticable improvement over the console version. My HTPC has an 8800GT, E6600 and 4GB of PC2-6400 RAM and it ran the game at 720p with everything maxed, including full AA, at a consistant 60fps (I limited it to 60 by turning vsync on)

It's actually a pretty good port, better than Res4 and 100 times better than DMC3. Also if you use a 360 controller (don't know why you wouldn't) it displays the pictures of the buttons you need to press unlike DMC3 (i.e. it will prompt for a blue X instead of say "button 2")

The game itself, I liked it. It's like a much easier Ninja Gaiden with you entering rooms and having to defeat the baddies before you progress. Look at the ZP review for a good idea on how the game plays.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Think I will pick a Xbox 360 controller and try this out. Been using a PS2 pad up till now but no vibrations with it.

May hold off until next month until I upgrade my trusty x1900xtx to a 4870x2 :)

Advertisement