Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks for help desk?

Options
  • 11-07-2008 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Would it not be nice to turn on the thanks button for the help desk?

I was going to thank Cult for a link but couldn't.

Just a thought.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't think it can be turned on. It has something to do with the posting permissions there (only the original poster, smod or admin can post on a thread), this is what's stoping thanks from being enabled. At least I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Don't think it's a permissions problem as it was working fine in prison before CuLT decided to axe it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sherifu wrote: »
    Don't think it's a permissions problem as it was working fine in prison before CuLT decided to axe it.

/wonders why Sherifu is top of the league of thanked
    /dawn breaks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

It was removed there (and presumably in HD as well) for political reasons, ergo, to prevent thanks wars, for want of a better description.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Sherifu wrote: »
    that could explain why AH doesn't have it, because terry has banned everyone, it's almost turned into a private forum.

lets just make the world a better place and blame terry...

Thanks wars? I love that term... soo much :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Helpdesk is a thankless job.

I'll get me coat...

Advertisement