Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP - Dog Neural Veterinary

Options
  • 11-07-2008 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Can anyone tell me if theres a Veterinary in Ireland that deals with dogs and neural surgery. I was told that UCD Veterinary is the only one but they dont operate at weekend. It is an urgent matter as we have been told the dog has a 'dachshund herniated disc'.

Any information would be fantastic as i am posting this on behalf of my girlfriend.

Thanks.
    Robbie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Not sure if they can help or send you to ucd but it's the only other one that sounds like it runs it's own emergency clinic. (can't hurt to try?)

Hermitage veterinary clinic lucan 01-6010060
    Myvet.ie/about.htm

Hope she'll be ok.
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Hermitage is covered by the Dublin Animal Emergency Clinic - its in ucd and they can hold the dog over the weekend and then transfer it straight to the vet hospital. number is 1890564036 - operate 24 hours over the weekend. is he insured?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Robbie11553

Yes he is insured. Thank you. I will get onto the clinic right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Excellent news on the insured front, get him in, the emergency clinic is expensive and you will need to settle the bill with them but i know 100% that ucd will claim direct. It wonderful to see people getting their pets insured. Means that don't have to make the decision if they can or cannot afford expensive treatment. Keep us updated on how he/she is doing.

Advertisement