Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soul Calibur IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    1st of August which is tomorrow. Can't wait to play this. :D

where are you getting it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

was weak and ordered this from play.com today, shows as in stock on their website last I checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The Smyths website shows it is in stock. Is it really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

I'll be getting the PS3 version tomorrow. I had been slightly conflicted on what version to get but my Xbox 360 got the red ring of death on Tuesday so that answered that question :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

L31mr0d wrote: »
    where are you getting it from?

More than likely, Game. I have a voucher i need to use. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

I'll be getting the PS3 version tomorrow. I had been slightly conflicted on what version to get but my Xbox 360 got the red ring of death on Tuesday so that answered that question :pac:

That RRoD is a pain. :( At least you still get a chance to play SCIV though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭umpsfar

gonna kick yoda's camel toe up and down the hallway....

I preordered from game , due out today...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I'm leaning towards the ps3 version purely cos of the d-pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Cheapest place to pick this up? Smyths/Tesco/Xtravision?

--edit--

Xtravision €60
    Gamestop €65
    Smyths €65 (does anyone know what the deal with a loyalty card is – did I hear it takes €10 off?)

(for the 360 version)

The Smyths website says
    Price: €59.99

That is for the PS3 version.

• Advertisement

I was playing it at lunch and while it looks great, i really wasnt blown away by it. What i want to try is create a fighter. It would be great if you could create more Jedi for the game. From what i hear, you cant :(

60 blips , is it worth it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

You can however make the female fighters pretty much naked :p

Cant figure out this soul crush or soul gauge stuff and what to do with it in blue or red.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

A friend and I spent most of the day playing this. Initially, I was a little disappointed. It felt very different to the original (which I'd downloaded from XBLA), much slower. The more we played though, the more I enjoyed it. We unlocked most of the secret characters and it was a whole lot of fun. Yoda's really cheap though, he can't be thrown or hit with high attacks! They did an excellent job of a recreating his fighting style though. Vader's Apprentice is cool, he fits in better and isn't as overpowered as the hype suggested.

Also worth noting is the empty space between Yoda and the Apprentice on the character select screen, I suspect 360 owners will get the chance to download Vader some time (And PS3 owners will get Yoda).

Overall, I'd highly recommend this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

I'm a bit disappointed the Apprentices style can't be used when creating a custom character as I quite like him. Also has anyone figured out what the heck levelling a style actually accomplishes? I've noticed no difference.

Note on Vader, I understand they couldn't get James Earl Jones but is so obviously Chad Vader doing the voice its frankly comical!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I can see myself disconnecting online if anyone uses Yoda, what a load of **** you cant throw him... ridiculous. I'm staying away from the Star Wars characters completely, it's a new level of imba.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

How detailed is the character creation mode? I only ask because I had a dream last night about making Haohmaru and Genjuro from Samurai Showdown in SC4. Now that dream must come to fruition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It seems pretty detailed. I haven't unlocked that much equipment yet, but I managed to edit SC2 Nightmare. So cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Its a bit slower than SC1 or at least it feels slower.
    Took me a little while to get into it, but I have to say I am enjoying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Posted in BA ~€35 region free on play-asia

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055349084

Yeah you can make those characters for the game. I have made great Ruy and Ken . Also Blade, He-Man Skelator. Bruce Lee. My best one is Deadpool .

I am loving this game by the way . Didnt like it at first but its great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Had a good lash at it last night on my mate's PS3 and I really enjoyed it. We played with Vader for a bit and whilst that was grand, there's definitely enough in the regular characters to forget about the gimimick of SW characters. Might pick it up myself for the 360 tonight and see how the 2 compare.

Bought it on Friday but only got to give it a good go last night and I love it. Especially great when playing 2 player.

Does anyone know of a decent online guide that explains customisation – how impact, power, guage etc. effect play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Did you try gamefaqs.com?

Yeah, I'll check later when people get time to post more there.
    Thanks

Has anyone managed to get a Fataility (or whatever they're called - we all know what I mean) move? We were trying non-stop at the weekend and couldn't get one. Opponent's gauge was flashing red kitting the button didn't do anything.

Kharn wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get a Fataility (or whatever they're called - we all know what I mean) move? We were trying non-stop at the weekend and couldn't get one. Opponent's gauge was flashing red kitting the button didn't do anything.

The bar has to flashing red at the SAME time as the armour smashing noise occurs. If you press then it'll work (even if the armour has smashing already, it'll repeat again and again).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I had one of the lads on my friends list get one on me. pretty sweet looking. I really like that they havnt made them too common either because the game would just be ruined then.

I dont understand what your soul gauge in blue means though or how any of the skills effect you or how to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I'm gonna pick this up to tide me over till Tekken 6.

Game does look pretty slick.

• Advertisement

Ah, ok, so it's a get them into the red, break their armour and *BAM* - Herpes.

:D

I'm glad it's not a main "feature" of the game so, it would be overly cheesy IMO. Thanks for the info.

I think btw Mr Foo Fighter, the soul gauge flashing blue means you're good to deliver a critical finish.

Advertisement