Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soul Calibur IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Came back from holidays yesterday and picked this up. Long time fan of the series and was looking forward to playing online. Now, I'm no expert but I have played all the other games from the series and know a fair few moves but I got my a$$ kicked online! I have a decent internet connection but seemed to suffer from a fair bit of lag. Has anyone else had online problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

so whats the crack with the last blank square beside yoda/vadar? its startin to wreck my head at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Most think it's for the second SW character, who'll be released as DLC. Namco said they've no plans to do it, but it still seems likely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

makes sence i suppose! the sooner that space gets filled the better!

There are big plans for DLC and this game and its going to be Vader for the 360 and Yoda for the PS3 . What makes me mad is , they knew this all along but kept them out to make a little more money on the DLC.

Also there is talk of adding Jedi attire to the create a fighter .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

That kind of profiteering makes me angry. If Yoda appears as DLC for the PS3 I wont be buying him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    That kind of profiteering makes me angry. If Yoda appears as DLC for the PS3 I wont be buying him.

He's sh!t anyway. But if they offer custom Jedi?

I bet it'll be a tiny download cos they're already hidden on the disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Been playing this since release day, and opinions so far are:

First off, its easily the 2nd worst in the SC series. Its behind SC1 & 2 but ahead of 3.
    Reasons being, Arcade mode sucks the fat one. Its all well and good until yu get to the cheating bastard apprentice. I can beat him easily by just using throws and blocking but hes still a terrible addition. Then on top of that you have one of the worst characters ina beat em up since alpha 152 with algol. Terrible, terrible, character. Cheap, and annoying.

Tower of souls SUCKS. Its a weak ass replacement for mission mode. Its totally linear unlike mission mode where you could choose your next fight. Tower of souls just tells you 'do this fight, and if its too hard, well **** you, youre doing it anyway until you beat it or **** off'

story mode is too short. 5 fights?? Its over in about 5 minutes! Thats the best they could do? Pathetic.
    And dont even get me started on how out of palce the Star wars characters are. Totally spoil the feel of the game.

But having said that, i am still enjoying it.
    It has fantastic new characters like Hilde (mmmmm.....hilde), the create a character creator is alot of fun (i made a kick ass Lei Fang from dead or alive, and cloud from FF7). Basically all ive been palying is story mode as its the only part of the game that isnt spoiled by cheap characters or star wars ****, and messing about with create character, id honestly say this is a 7/10, pushing for an 8.

Also who give a **** about downlaoding vader or star wars clothes as DLC, its nothing but glorified horse armour. give us a proper mission mode, or an editor for story mode would be great, to add more fights to it or SOMETHING.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Does anyone know how you fill the last item in the list in the custom character screen? I think it's a ring. I have got stuff that should go in here (armour ring for eg).

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Distinctly underwhelmed with this one, online play is lagged to unplayable standards, story mode is pretty much the same for every character (But look! She's got a new hat!), that Tower of Souls smacks of laziness, even the Character Creation has taken a step backwards from SCIII, no Grieve Edge or Tambourine styles or the like. On the plus side, the customising of existing characters is a nice option, but I still think this is the worst of the Soul Caliburs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How sure are ye all that the REAL problem with lag isn't just Ireland's atrocious internet service?

Or rather: is it better, equal to or worse than Tekken 5: DR?

Not everyone uses the same internet connection/company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    How sure are ye all that the REAL problem with lag isn't just Ireland's atrocious internet service?

Or rather: is it better, equal to or worse than Tekken 5: DR?

Better than Tekken 5: DR. It still has lag issues, which every fighting game does online. Best to play people with either 4 or 5 bar ping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Folks, there's talk of possibly (see this thread, post 37) having a SC4 tournament/competition at the WCG Qualifiers on 6th September. I think it would be a good chance for all of ze beat em up fans to get together to trash it out against each other. I would imagine if you've got other games with you(DOA4/VF5/SF), you could probably play on a free console in that too.

I'd show interest there and in a positive way. Not in a fùcking retarded way saying that this must happen!! :rolleyes: If it were to go well you can be sure it will happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DevilOneill

I heard a rumor that on the Xbox you might be able to Download darth vader sooner or later and i was wondering has anyone else heard anythin about this,, because lets face it Yoda proper sucks ass!!!!!!!!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

They've already confirmed that PS3 will get Yoda, and 360 will get Vader from download. That's what the empty "Star Wars slot" is for. When is the question.

Anyway SC's not my favourite fighting game but I enjoyed it overall. A little lacking story wise though.

Zarbon wrote: »
    They've already confirmed that PS3 will get Yoda, and 360 will get Vader from download. That's what the empty "Star Wars slot" is for. When is the question.

There's a surprise. Hungry bastards. I wont be paying for him. I would have thought he'd be included on the full game.

Have they actually confirmed it? To be honest, I'd be willing to pay a (reasonable) amount for Vader. But if they leave it too long, I might stop caring!

What i want to know is will they be giving us pieces to make other Jedi.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What I want to know is why the frack I should pay to be able to create meido.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Polar101

Mr. K wrote: »
    Have they actually confirmed it? To be honest, I'd be willing to pay a (reasonable) amount for Vader. But if they leave it too long, I might stop caring!

I have the PS3 version.. if Yoda is as boring as Vader, I won't be paying a penny extra for that character.

yes its true. An abuse of DLC.

I'm aware that this topic is dead, but there was lots of speculation and there's finally confirmation:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26638827

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

$5 is a bit steep for one character

Its steep for the simple fact that the character is already created.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Won't be purchasing Darth Vader coz he sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Its steep for the simple fact that the character is already created.

I don't think that it's relevant that the character is already created and all the DLC is a code to unlock it, rather than actually downloading the character data.

I do think that a fiver for a single character DLC (even if it is Darth Vader :)) is a bit much, especially when you look at the amazing DLC Criterion are given for free with Burnout Paradise.

That can get ****ed. Hungry bastards.

I'm such a sucker, I know I'm gonna get him. The price is a little steep, but it's Darth Vader!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Looking at getting this for the ps3. Anyone know where the cheapest place to get this would be?

Advertisement