Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lining for a waterfall???

Options
  • 11-07-2008 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

My parents have a pond and waterfall in their back garden which has recently begun to lose water over a few days. My dad went to the trouble and expense of getting a new liner for the pond only to realise that it is the waterfall that is losing the water. Does anyone know of a product that can be painted on to the stones and mortar which will seal it from leaking and also is not a hazard to the fish in the pond. Any help would be great,

Mattym

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

There should be a sealer already on the stone to stop lime seeking out also cement is permeable . Have they only started to use the waterfall? Pond sealant is the best option .I think it's expensive . It's incredibly sticky and messy and needs to be applied in coats . The arboretum (aquatic store)in carlow would stock it or it can be bought online . Not sure of any other places . Anywhere that sells pond gear should have it .

Advertisement