Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobh's 'White Witch' Helen Barrett- What are your experiences with her?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kitchykoo

hey. could someone please pm me stephanies number? thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭lilliann888

virgo69 wrote: »
    Hi there, new to this, just had a look at Peter Mathews website it says he can do readings by email, anyone ever tried this and do you recommend????
    hi, did you get your email reading ? how was it?
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Oein wrote: »
    I'm sure she is a wonderful woman in person but I cant help but feel confused in regards to the comment of head of the council of Elders... has anyone heard of this council? While such occult things may indeed be kept in the shadows from the eyes of everyday man I cant help but feel it is unusual that there is no reference to them beyond her name.

Can anyone enlighten me on this matter?

I've only heard of that council through what she has said in the media. I'd say it's just a council that has significance for Wiccans and pagans who are affiliated with what she does (Alexandrian coven witchcraft?). I don't think it's some established and registered council, like Failte Ireland, or whatever. It's between themselves. The HQ of it is supposed to be just outside Clonakilty town in Cork and the leader of the council is as old as the hills and lives out in Co. Kerry. That is, unless she's dead now, meaning Helen (White Witch) has taken over.

kitchykoo wrote: »
    hey. could someone please pm me stephanies number? thanks:)
    kitchykoo wrote: »
    hey, could someone please pm me both helen barrets and stephanies numbers! thanks

See HERE for those numbers. 6th has put together a fairly comprehensive list of readers around the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭virgo69

hi, did you get your email reading ? how was it?
    thanks

Hi no i didn't get it done. I'm a bit skeptical about getting a reading by email and was wondering had anyone else had it done and was it good. Have been to Dharma since posting and thought she was brilliant

• Advertisement

virgo69 wrote: »
    Hi no i didn't get it done. I'm a bit skeptical about getting a reading by email and was wondering had anyone else had it done and was it good. Have been to Dharma since posting and thought she was brilliant
    where is dharma based ,please? is she amedium or tarot reader
    thanks

Hi Dharma is in Clarehall, don't think I can put her number up here but if you look on 6th link it may be there, or google her. She does tarot don't know about the medium stuff. I thought she was really good and explained stuff really well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sharkie12

Hi, could someone please pm me Helen Barrett White Witch of Cobh - number. thanks

sharkie12 wrote: »
    Hi, could someone please pm me Helen Barrett White Witch of Cobh - number. thanks

Look here http://www.paranormal.ie/directory.html

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭oide10

Hold on to your money! I went to the White Witch about 4 years ago, maybe more. She told me i was very psychic, i'd be engaged within the year (I wasn't), then proceeded to give me the number of a local jewellers!
    I would have a son who will be famous in sports. (She has said that to everyone at this stage).
    She also told me she would be dead within 2 years, she's still alive i presume. She then went off track completely and started talking about her ancestors and her powers and the influence she has in society...heads of covens and secret societies that many of our politicians and irish celebrities seem to be part of! Interesting stuff but then my time was up and when i asked her how much it was she asked for cigarettes!

It's hard to get hold of her. She seems to rattle off the same reading, altered in some form to everyone.
    Her predictions seem to be way off as well. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 game025

arac wrote: »
    me too, if anyone has her number please pm me too, I would be very grateful:)

Hey have you got the white witches ph number ??????:):):):):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 game025

can sum 1 post me helens number plz :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Hi just wondering if anyone has Veronica's no. or Stephanie's, could they please pm me? Thanks so much. Also has anyone here gone to Peter Matthew? How have you found him?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭oide10

game025 wrote: »
    Hey have you got the white witches ph number ??????:):):):):):):):)

It was years ago, so I don't have her number anymore, I didn't see the point of holding it on to it to be honest as i just didn't rate her reading. If you look back on the other posts on this threads I think someone has it alright.

Hey have you got the white witches ph number ??????

can sum 1 post me helens number plz

rebel10 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone has Veronica's no. or Stephanie's, could they please pm me? Thanks so much.

All of the above numbers can be found in 6th's Psychics&Mediums Directory on http://www.paranormal.ie

Am i just thick? Why can't i find their numbers on that website? Are they listed? Thanks so much for your info on Peter, sounds amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

rebel10 wrote: »
    Am i just thick? Why can't i find their numbers on that website? Are they listed?

Should all be on this page, numbers, email addresses etc: http://www.paranormal.ie/directory.html

6th wrote: »
    Should all be on this page, numbers, email addresses etc: http://www.paranormal.ie/directory.html
    Still not seeing it. The numbers are for people up the country, only bout 5 listed, am i missing a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Try scolling down the list.

Jesus sorry, i am thick!:D

• Advertisement

how much he charges , how long is the reading usually ? thanks

I've contacted Peter and he said he can do the reading by email, anyone ever had this done before? Or does he come to Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 corkman35

hi has anyone gone to trica in ringaskiddy she dose angle readings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭saintsaint

LCDeelite wrote: »
    What are people's experiences (if any) with 'The White Witch', Helen Barrett? Positive and/or negative..
    hi iv been to see her .. she got every thing wrong she said her powers were gone .. wat ever that means ?

First of all she ain't no medium.
    saintsaint wrote: »
    hi iv been to see her ..

When did you see her?
    she got every thing wrong

Well, I suppose you'll have to wait and see what transpires with the future prediction side of things to know whether or not she got the whole thing wrong.
    she said her powers were gone .. wat ever that means ?

It means theyre gone, just like she said. Can't read for people anymore. I heard her health is very bad now, which may be one reason for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 missy_pmd

It means theyre gone, just like she said. Can't read for people anymore. I heard her health is very bad now, which may be one reason for it.

She should have just said so after my boyfriend and I spent Euro 40 on a reading.

From reading the earlier posts in this thread... she basically told us what she told everyone else..

1. I will have a child in the military since she saw a badge in my hand. He will be a pilot and a very famous sportsman.
    She said the same thing to my boyfriend since he already has a son from a previous relationship. She went on and on about the European military.

2. She told my boyfriend to move somewhere in Canada which will have more opportunity.
    She went on about some of her relatives who are professors in Psychology, psychiatrists etc..

3. She told me I will die at 86, my partner will die at 84. She even saw my partners initials on my palm... (hell, she even traced it herself... lol)

4. Will get married to someone who's birthday is on valentine's day since there are hearts on our palms. Note that neither of our birthdays falls on Valentine's day.

5. Went on and on about the book the Secret and could not stop rambling on about her cousins and sister etc...

6. She also told me (in front of my bf) to start a dating agency since its profitable. We thought it was hillarious. She also took this opportunity to talk about her friend with a dating agency and how much money he makes.

She is somewhat scatty, going on with the same story.

Basically, the readings was a BIG dissapointment since we had our hopes up from hearing about the White Witch of Cobh. I would not recommend her to anyone. I reckon that there are better psychics out there (as I've had the chance to experience some very good readings from psychics in the past).
    We both felt conned after the readings.

Anyway, will just have to wait and see if her predictions come true but somehow I doubt it since she says the same thing to the rest of the population.

missy_pmd wrote: »
    She should have just said so after my boyfriend and I spent Euro 40 on a reading.

I'd say she just doesn't like to turn people away, although I have heard of people with appointments coming to see her, only for her to shoo them away again. One story of this kind that I heard was from someone who had driven for over four hours to get down to Cobh for the reading. That's bad.
    Maybe she keeps reading for people regardless to see if she can pick up anything? A person actually doesnt need to be psychic to read someone's palm, believe it or not. Anyone can learn how to read palms.

Btw, I don't think she reads for people for the monetary 'gain' of it. Not when she has cousins who are CEOs of multinational companies and wealthy friends in high places. ;)
    From reading the earlier posts in this thread... she basically told us what she told everyone else..

I've got deja-vu. :D
    3. She told me I will die at 86, my partner will die at 84. She even saw my partners initials on my palm... (hell, she even traced it herself... lol)

I know, and know of, people whose partners' and ex-partners' initials she correctly picked up from looking at their palms. I don't know how she did that. I heard about a relative of mine's friend attempting to deliberately lead her astray with the initials of her ex to 'test' the White Witch, but in fairness, she remained adamant that the initials were definitely the ones she was seeing (which was correct).
    Basically, the readings was a BIG dissapointment since we had our hopes up from hearing about the White Witch of Cobh.

She was really good years ago (maybe 10-15 years back). She used to spook people with being able to tell them all about their past and making predictions for them that actually happened. I actually don't know when she first started reading for people - was it the late '80s or early '90s?? :confused: Her good rep back in the day was deserved, but things obviously haven't been going well on the readings front in recent years. I've said it may be health-related, but I know yer man Billy Drake down near Youghal was still able to read competantly for people even when his health took a bad turn. He's retired from it completely now though.

Would there be some other, more 'esoteric' reason for someone just losing their psychic ability?
    I reckon that there are better psychics out there (as I've had the chance to experience some very good readings from psychics in the past).

Oh yeah, who did you see who was very good?

We both felt conned after the readings.

I can understand that alright. Still, you learn through trial and error and your feedback is helpful to other people.

Having said that, the White Witch is a bit of a legend. :D You wouldnt really get the chance to talk to her (or listen to her ramble on ;)) anywhere in everyday life because I don't think she goes out at all, like to the pub, a restaurant or whatever. Or scouring the aisles of Woodies DIY for brooms/broomsticks. :pac:
    Anyway, will just have to wait and see if her predictions come true but somehow I doubt it since she says the same thing to the rest of the population.

That's about all you can do. I haven't seen anyone, apart from maybe one person, on here who talked about a prediction she made that has happened. That's either due to forgetfulness on their part or non-runners of predictions on Helen Barrett's part. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭saintsaint

All of the above numbers can be found in 6th's Psychics&Mediums Directory on http://www.paranormal.ie

I saw him a few months ago and I was fairly shaken afterwards about what he knew. He mentioned a few names of people to me on the first go and asked me if they meant anything to me, and they did. He mentioned how I had done something in connection with an item that had once belonged to a now-deceased relative in the privacy of my own room a few weeks beforehand - he knew what the item (not the most common of things) was, and everything. I hadn't told anybody about this, so I don't know how he knew that. I don't think it was lucky guesswork that he would have made by cold-reading me. Even when I was in my room at the time, I had the item in my hand and I thought of the deceased relative in question, and how it had belonged to them. All I can assume is that he really was talking to that dead relative of mine. With this same relative, he knew what the cause of their death was, the setting in which this relative had both grown up and lived again later in life, and a particular hobby of theirs.

He also mentioned a masters degree and that it was either connected with me or a family member. It had nothing to do with me, and I couldn't attribute the connection to any family members either. However, I did a bit more digging after the reading and found out that my sister (who lives abroad) is actually studying for her masters degree at the moment. We don't talk too often, so I hadn't known about it.

There was also a mention of a miscarried baby boy, which may be that of a cousin of mine. I didn't have a clue about any of that until I asked family afterwards and was told that.
    Peter was also able to describe my exact occupation (engineering) and made a couple of predictions for me that are related to that area.

He also made contact with my deceased paternal side grandmother and described her distinctive personality to a tee.

There were a couple of names he mentioned that I couldn't recognise at all, and I consider myself to be pretty knowledgable about who's who in the family (both dead and alive). He also mentioned something about a young fella with the name Michael who committed suicide before and that there was a motorbike involved. In fairness, I do know/did know a Michael who drove his motorbike to the top of a local quarry when he was 21, dismounted from the bike, and then jumped to his death. But I didn't know him well, beyond saying hello in passing because he only lived across the road from us. Apparently you don't need to know a person very well to make a connection with them on 'the other side'. Peter said Michael was with my grandmother in the spirit world, which was strange, because I don't remember her even meeting Michael. Dunno - maybe she did meet him, but I was too young to remember, or I didn't know about it?

Anyway, I was very impressed with the reading. There were a fair few things he referred to and mentioned that he couldn't have known. There's nothing about me on the internet under my real name (I've tried it, so I know), so God knows how he had the info. Apart from a quick few polite words to break the ice at the start (in which I was very conscious of revealing nothing personal to him), and myself agreeing or disagreeing with stuff (via 'yes' or 'no') throughout the reading itself, I didn't give the man much to work with.

I've come across a few fakers in the past, whose cold reading and Barnum 'one-size-fits-all' statements have been quite obvious and transparent. I consider myself well-coached in all that craic at this stage.

Sorry for going OT.
    people have come to me to complain . i just tell yhem to be cairfull

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kitsel

clonagirl wrote: »
    Hi! Two of my friends went to see Stephanie a couple of years ago. Told them what they wanted to hear but none of her future predictions came true. :( Went to veronica in blackpool myself, felt she was a bit on the negative side. However, two things she predicted came true soon after the reading. I will have to wait until the end of the year to see if she was right with the rest of her predictions! Thought betty near the silversprings was useless!! Couldn't read me at all!!:mad: I'm going to Peter Mathew next month, does anyone know if he's any good?

How did you get on with Matthew? did you find him any good? I'm going to see him next month!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 clonagirl

Definitely the best ever for describing my past and present situation. A bit too soon to tell if future predictions are accurate, will have to wait and see!! Have recommended him to my friend ( who's very critical!) she's seeing him next week and will let you what she thinks! Best of luck with the reading! Please let me know how you get on!:)

Advertisement