Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about a piercing-advice on dangers needed..

Options
  • 11-07-2008 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

i'm considering getting a lip ring in the centre of my lip.. i've been wanting to get one for ages, but could never get parental consent 'til now..

i just want to know what the possible dangers regarding my teeth are. i've looked up dangers online, and they've all just refered to bars..

any help would be appreciated :D

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Well, I have had mine in for over two years now and it never touches my teeth. Then again if you get it done and it does, having a metal ring rubbing against your teeth won't do them much good.

However, once it heals you can opt for other options, I have some nice rings (plastic or something?) and they're soft so cause the teeth no dammage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

also depends on the placement, the good piercer will aim to have it angled so that it wont wear away at your teeth so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Well personally i dont have any trouble with my studs rubbing off my teeth, but i do bite them and play with them alot, and i have noticed a bit of ware on the top of my teeth, but all it takes to stop that is a little bit of self controle. (:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i actively suck on mine (i joke that my baby wont have a soother, ill just get it's lip pierced... ), and there's a small amount of one of my teeth worn away, but that's just me and my bad habits.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've chewed on my labret piercing for years, so much so I have a lovely semi-cirle in one of my top teeth - needless to say, I took it out! I have two side lip piercings with rings and they don't touch my teeth at all and I can't chew on a ring. When I do need to wear a stud, I use bioplast bars which last about 3 days before I've chewed through it:pac: You can get the plastic bars when your piercing is fully healed

http://www.wildcat.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1047_1126&products_id=2836

• Advertisement
Advertisement