Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 1Gb ISP Promo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

elderlemon wrote: »
    You think thats bad - you should see my bill. Instead of putting me on the 1GB (and yes I asked the data support people today to confirm it) they put me on a 1MB option - on my plan I can't check my data usage online (family plan) so I was very shocked to see I had used 30MB over my 1MB limit !!!

That is not good fella!

Have you been on to Vodafone about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

atlantean wrote: »
    I just checked the Vodafone website to see what my remaining balance was - 62.87MB :eek:

Granted, I used it a bit last night and again this morning but there is no way I used over 900MB in 19 hours :mad:

I have my doubts that the 1Gb ISP Promo gives you 1GB of data!

I'm signed up to it but I mostly use wifi whenever I get the chance (so many eircom WEP routers around that take about a minute to break into) but would be really pissed off if it is only 128MB.

WTF is it with vodafone - they simly do not give clear answers to their customers when it comes to data.

Also what is the differnce between the isp connection and hs.vodafone.ie? Probably get a better answer here than if I rang up vodafone :rolleyes:

would be really pissed off if it is only 128MB.

It is a 1GB - got the full amount added to my account a couple of days later.

I rang up vodafone this evening with a seperate billing question, once I had finished with that I was asking them about the 1GB addon.

I asked the guy (who put me on hold presumably to ask the data team) if the 1GB would roll over to the next month, and he said yes! :eek:

To confirm I asked him that if I only used 100MB this month would I have 1900 MB next month, and he agreed I would.

Sweet :D

Well you never know with Vodafone customer support people but I hope he isn't wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I doubt very much that it's carried over month to month. Vodafone have never done this with any of their data packages. Me thinks the vodafone support person is mistaken.

I rang up vodafone this evening with a seperate billing question, once I had finished with that I was asking them about the 1GB addon.

I asked the guy (who put me on hold presumably to ask the data team) if the 1GB would roll over to the next month, and he said yes! :eek:

To confirm I asked him that if I only used 100MB this month would I have 1900 MB next month, and he agreed I would.

Sweet :D

Well you never know with Vodafone customer support people but I hope he isn't wrong...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I doubt very much that it's carried over month to month. Vodafone have never done this with any of their data packages. Me thinks the vodafone support person is mistaken.

I'd say it will carry over.
    My previous data bundles have carried over to the next month.
    I was on a 25MB bundle

Mik

Well thats strange. I was also on 25mB data bundle and it always reset at the start of the month. Never, ever had anything carried over.
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    I was on a 25MB bundle

Mik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

You could buy a 3 modem in the UK. You spend 10 pounds a month and get 1gig with it which can be used in any 3 country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Is the 1GB ISP package faster than the 500mb package?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Nephew wrote: »
    Is the 1GB ISP package faster than the 500mb package?

I see no reason why it should be. They all use the same network.

• Advertisement

I was on a 25MB bundle

Mik

Exactly the same here!

Is there a different support number for data support? I just ring 1907 and get through to front line customer support. Grunts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭cahirhennessy

I'm on ready to go at the moment. Very interested in the 1gb isp plan but can't see it anywhere on the vodafone site. Any pointers people?

Just phoned customer support and they allegedly know nothing about a 1gb data plan and I can see nothing on the vodafone site.....

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Guys i just added this 1Gb promo to my account.
    Am i correct in that whenever i connect to the internet on my phone (N95 8GB) i just select the Vodafone MISP access point and this will work from my 1GB allocation !?

The access point name in the settings is hs.vodafone.ie is this correct !?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Delboy5 wrote: »

The access point name in the settings is hs.vodafone.ie is this correct !?

I think its isp.vodafone.ie

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just to confirm that the data add does roll over :)

Just to confirm that the data add does roll over :)

happy days. I presume it doesn't cover voip calls with skype?

I used to use Fring for skype calls but the quality was really poor. But this hasnt worked for me in the last week or so.Still works fine with wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i don't see why not. A call with fring is data just like any other internet use

It does. I've used fring/skype on the isp connection for ages now. works ok.

• Advertisement

It does. I've used fring/skype on the isp connection for ages now. works ok.

What phone are you using? Have you started to experiencing any issues lately ?

Nokia E71 - works fine. No problems at all. Sometimes if the 3g reception is low I get a bad connection but usually its fine.

foobar wrote: »
    What phone are you using? Have you started to experiencing any issues lately ?

I can confirm that with this 1GB promo unused data will roll over to the next month, it says it on my bill and I have had it for 2 months now got nearly 2GB to use up.

Gonna start some serious VOIPing and mobile last.fm radio now :D

I can confirm that with this 1GB promo unused data will roll over to the next month, it says it on my bill and I have had it for 2 months now got nearly 2GB to use up.

Gonna start some serious VOIPing and mobile last.fm radio now :D

Thats some damn good news...

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Access to live.vodafone.com seems to be included in this package - can anyone else confirm this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

this seems (slightly) too good to be true. i'm on the 500mb allowance, is there any difference between this and the 1GB offer other than having to select isp.vodafone.ie? Do i have to get new settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RFHost

How are people adding this to their accounts?? I have tried changing addons on the website but it's not listed.

I also called vodafone but they keep telling me there is no such package. The phone is on a business account I wonder if that makes a difference?

Nothing to do with business account. Everything to do with brainless support people. Get onto them and ask for data support if the front line can't help.
    RFHost wrote: »
    How are people adding this to their accounts?? I have tried changing addons on the website but it's not listed.

I also called vodafone but they keep telling me there is no such package. The phone is on a business account I wonder if that makes a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 seanmcfoto

I've just signed up, comes online Sunday.

I'm investigating Profimail too instead of their overpriced push email facility. I may end up with a month of push email, but I think it's going to work out with profimail (on an E61i). I've been on a symbian phone for... 5 6 years now, since the 7610 (or was it the 7650.. the first slider phone) The iPhone looks great, O2 doesn't appeal to me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Just signed up for it too - have had an iPhone for a year now with no data connection. The Vodafone site is really confusing though, says 1GB ISP Promo and something about 15MB on the same line... I'll trust what I've read here though. Doesn't kick in for me until the 7/10. Looking forward to having Internet access on the go :).

Advertisement