Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 1Gb ISP Promo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭cahirhennessy

J-blk wrote: »
    Just signed up for it too - have had an iPhone for a year now with no data connection. The Vodafone site is really confusing though, says 1GB ISP Promo and something about 15MB on the same line... I'll trust what I've read here though. Doesn't kick in for me until the 7/10. Looking forward to having Internet access on the go :).

It's 1gb for sure. It also appears to include access to live.vodafone.com when abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

This kicked in today - does anyone know why my data allocation online is showing as 34.13 MB?! I'm I going to need to get on to them again?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭grey squirrel

Vodafone do that. The 34.13 is for today. From tomorrow it'll be the 1 month's allowance.

Basically your bills might be for calls to 5th and your bill is issued on 7th. Something like that. It happened to me too

Where do you see the data online?

Thanks for that. Don't think I'll need 30Mb just for today, so if it normalizes tomorrow onwards, good stuff.

If I log into my Vodafone account, go to "Change Extras and Add Ons" it shows the Voice/Text Plan I'm on and the 1GB add-on further down the page:

Type Name Status Remaining Allocation Cost
    GPRS 1Gb ISP Promo Selected 34.13 MB €8.26

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

I signed up to the ISP 1Gb also. It kicked in today but when I check out the Vodafone website it says.........

GPRS 1Gb ISP Promo Selected 34.13 MB(remaining) €8.26

Whats that all about?

Also can I use ISB Vodafone when I'm abroad. I'm heading to Barcelona in 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

jessconr wrote: »
    I signed up to the ISP 1Gb also. It kicked in today but when I check out the Vodafone website it says.........

GPRS 1Gb ISP Promo Selected 34.13 MB(remaining) €8.26

Whats that all about?

Also can I use ISB Vodafone when I'm abroad. I'm heading to Barcelona in 2 weeks.

Well if Grey Squirrel is right, it should look normal by tomorrow:
    Vodafone do that. The 34.13 is for today. From tomorrow it'll be the 1 month's allowance.

Basically your bills might be for calls to 5th and your bill is issued on 7th. Something like that. It happened to me too

Not sure about using it abroad, data roaming is usually a rip-off.

When I had the 500mb vodafone live tarriff i was able to surf the net when i was abroad without any additional cost. I hope its the same for vodafone ISP????? :confused:

jessconr wrote: »
    When I had the 500mb vodafone live tarriff i was able to surf the net when i was abroad without any additional cost. I hope its the same for vodafone ISP????? :confused:

I read pretty much through this whole thread when I was looking into getting the add-on - I remember seeing a post that access to live.vodafone.com is included in the price and can be used when abroad. If you look through the thread you should find it but really, you'll need an opinion from someone who has used the add-on for awhile as I'm in the same boat as you, only got it today.

Gotta say though, 3G is pretty sweet - I just changed from a 1st gen. iPhone to an iPhone 3G and pages seem to load almost as fast as on Wifi :). Hopefully the allowance will sort itself out and then happy days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Yeah, you would really want to check with vodafone if you can use the live or the isp promo abroad for no extra cost.

I reckon you can't and the data will be super piss takingly expensive and charged separately on the the bill.

checked the vodafone website again today........

GPRS 1Gb ISP Promo Selected 30.88 MB(remaining) €8.26 Modify

whats the story? do I not get 1Gb?

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm going to call them up today or tomorrow - it still only says 30MB or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Im in the same boat - mine kicked in there three nights ago - been just over 30Mb allowance showing on the site since - My minutes and text do not recharge until the 10th i believe so im thinking it will correct itself then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

guys I called 1907 today about this, my bill date is the. 7th and the data allowance still says I got 30mb allocation. Was advised that this is wrong and I have 1gb data. Was told the systems just haven't updated yet! As for this working whilst abroad it's not you will have a hefty data bill if used so beware!

guys I called 1907 today about this, my bill date is the. 7th and the data allowance still says I got 30mb allocation. Was advised that this is wrong and I have 1gb data. Was told the systems just haven't updated yet! As for this working whilst abroad it's not you will have a hefty data bill if used so beware!

Cheers. Just like Blackdragon, my next bill date is marked as the 10th, so I'm thinking it'll sort itself out by then, if not, then I'll have to get on to them. I still don't get why the changes to the price plan take effect on the 7th, with the bill being issued on the 10th, but as long as it is 1GB of data, then I don't care...

checked the website this morning. Everything seems to be ok now..........

GPRS 1Gb ISP Promo Selected 1047.08 MB €8.26 Modify

Its about time!

Yeah, mine's just sorted itself out too:

GPRS 1Gb ISP Promo Selected 1058.13 MB €8.26

Woo hoo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭grey squirrel

Got my first bill and can confirm:

Unused data carries forward
    Access through isp & vodafone live is included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Just to confirm for everyone the 1GB ISP promo:

Costs €9.99 incl vat p/m

Gives you 1GB of data ONLY trough the ISP APN - use Live APN at extra cost

Does not include use abroad for either Live or ISP - that costs extra (a lot extra so be careful, internet cafe or wifi when away ftw)

Unused data rolls over each month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Anyone else having trouble with remaining allocation? Mine now says I have 28Mb, 4 days in. Started off at 34Mb on sunday (first day connected to ISP promo.) Do I need to call customer support or will it update in a few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Stee wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with remaining allocation? Mine now says I have 28Mb, 4 days in. Started off at 34Mb on sunday (first day connected to ISP promo.) Do I need to call customer support or will it update in a few days?

What date is your bill date? You could have just a part allocation until the start of your next bill when the full month quota kicks in. Happened me when I first signed up. Was only 3 days until my bill date so only had a proportional quota (1GB divided by 31) * 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Zith wrote: »
    What date is your bill date? You could have just a part allocation until the start of your next bill when the full month quota kicks in. Happened me when I first signed up. Was only 3 days until my bill date so only had a proportional quota (1GB divided by 31) * 3 days.

I signed up on 20th january or thereabouts. Was told not to use it until the start of my next bill, 15th feb. The live apn stayed functional until then. I'll give them a ring to see what the story is, thanks

Just found out the hard way, that there is a standard EU Data roaming charge of 15 Euro per day(plus v.a.t.) when using isp.vodafone.ie. I believe it's free when you use the vodafone.live APN but couldn't get it to work with the Iphone. Thank god it was only a weekend. Net addiction is expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Just found out the hard way, that there is a standard EU Data roaming charge of 15 Euro per day(plus v.a.t.) when using isp.vodafone.ie. I believe it's free when you use the vodafone.live APN but couldn't get it to work with the Iphone. Thank god it was only a weekend. Net addiction is expensive.
    How many MB did you get with €15 per day - did you go over any allowance with the iPhone?

It didn't tell me on the bill how much I used, nor what, or if, there's a limit.
    it's an iphone 2g so there was little chance of downloading a lot- just used it for push email and light browsing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Noticed yesterday that access through the hs.vodafone.ie APN is no longer possible on the 1GB ISP Promo with an iPhone. Can anyone else confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

Just found out the hard way, that there is a standard EU Data roaming charge of 15 Euro per day(plus v.a.t.) when using isp.vodafone.ie.

I am guessing this applies to accessing the net using isp.vodafone.ie while in the North?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Nope.
    the charges are not included in the bundle, but not near €15 per day

What is the best way to access the internet while in the North?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

atlantean wrote: »
    What is the best way to access the internet while in the North?

They have a europe daily bundle for €14.58 for 50MB and additional usage is €1.22 per MB. Other wise not on a plan its €6.08 for 100kb ouch

• Advertisement

Cheers Davy

Advertisement