Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searchlights over Limerick???

Options
  • 12-07-2008 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭

As I write this there are two big searchlights over the city?
    Quite cool actually.
    Interested to know where they're coming from...
    Anyone know?

Is it Angel Lane?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I've just come from the Roches St area and saw this too. Judging from where its positioned, i would say it is definitely eminating from Angel Lane, or somewhere down around the Market area. Its quite bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I saw this an hour ago when walking home, can see it from Clonmacken anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just looking at em now.

Its obviously Batman!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

I saw it about 10pm when in Arthurs Quay at the concert

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Trinity Rooms had 2 searchlights going last weekend at the birthday party might they might still have them going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

It's just Willie O Dea messing with some toys he brought back from Chad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

ya its trinity rooms, they were their last week at the party and they were there last night too..i remember supermacs on the ennis road had one of those on its roof but apparently the lights interferred with planes on their final approach into shannon airport so they had to turn it off! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

i saw these too.. bit weird at first till i copped what it was!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 D. Murphy

Funny story actually about these.

I was in my house Friday night and there was some kids out on the road, there must have been at least 15 of them! They where saying things like its aliens and such and where preparing for the apocalypse!

I knew that they where from trinity rooms because I was at the 5th birthday bash the week before so being the outstanding citizan I am i walked outside and told the kids that I just heard on the radio that search lights where spotted over Australia and lasers where burning people alive that where emiting from them!

Needless to say they where less then impressed!

But at least they got off the road and weren't causing trouble :D

But yeah there from trinity rooms haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭DJKAV

didn`t crazy prizes have lights like these about ten years ago >? maybe even longer on the roof of the shop on roxboro road ....!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

DJKAV wrote: »
    didn`t crazy prizes have lights like these about ten years ago >? maybe even longer on the roof of the shop on roxboro road ....!!!

yes they did.. i seen those too.. if i remember correctly the crazy prices lights were much stronger...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Hansel

DJKAV wrote: »

I think that's closer to 20 years ago now. They had a massive spotlight that consisted of many smaller lights which rotated around to give off a certain UFO type effect. I remember the panic in the schools the day after they first appeared
    Stuff like unsolved mysteries and The Twilight zone were hugely popular on tv, everyone thought we were doomed.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭DJKAV

your right it was 15-20 years ago now... was it that long when i met her my god time has passed fast ... gone now much much missed ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gottaluvlabs

Trinners alright, still going!

I remember back in the day when they had them there as Docs! lol

Brought back memories,

Its funny my dogs were staring up at them the other night, sky was not fully clouded over so the light was there, then gone, then back lol (ie in the clouds), one of the dogs as mezmerized by it.

Until it wrecked the the dogs head and wouldnt stop barking at it so had to bring them in!

Advertisement