Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum N Bass In Dublin

Options
  • 12-07-2008 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

hey all,

first of all hello, i am new to the board :)

so i'm just home from 3 months in philly, Its got a HUGE DnB scene over there, never really got into it over here cause to be honest, it never really was that big from what i can remember.

now i am going through withdrawls, i need to get me some DnB.

anyone know where i can go?? Somewhere decent.

would seriously appreciate ya helpin a girl out ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

london..!!the seen is **** here.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

spelling police

scene :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mannequinn

there is something up with the registration thingy on irishdrumandbass.com :(

and yeah london is a little far to be going every weekend hahaha. (if only)

I'm totally bummed now...... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

the "seen" is far from **** here

in the past six months alone we've had the likes of sabre, d:bridge, calibre equinox, outrage, nookie, martsman noisia, marcus intallex, zero tolerance, alley cat, bailey, storm, aaron jay, vapour, jem one, a-sides etc all play in ireland

two of the finest labels in dnb (subtle audio and bassbin) are irish

irish producers like calibre, zero t, beta 2 and naphta get tunes signed to label all over the world

i'd imagine wee little junglecliff only likes cheesy one nation type ringtone and bass rubbish that he steals off soulseek

the irish scene is small, but it's friendly, fiercely dedicated, and the quality is top notch - nobody reps the pikey fairground music styles

if you need info or you're having trouble logging on just fire me a pm.

there's also three hours of DnB on Legal FM radio in dublin every wednesday night - not too many cities in the world can say they have that...
    So mr. BREAKER and I will be in the Radio na Life studios tonight, sullenly cursing the setup and playing what should amount to a rough approximation of an "atmospheric-ish drummy-percussionny mid nineties classics with a rake of new stuff thrown in" type of set (unless i bring the wrong bag of tunes and lash out the Breakbeat Kaos Paedo-step ******** music - i'd like to see the look on Kev Breaker's face if i did that actually...)

Expect tunes from the likes of ASC, Seba, Alaska, Break and Hydro, Naibu, D:Bridge, Instramental, Fanu, Klute, Resound and many many more.

Tuning in is easy enough to do - simply put your thumbs to your temples, stare into a mirror and sing "OOOH PAPA STEVE IS THE DADDY OF MY DADDY"

Alternatively, you can catch us on FM 106.4 across the greater dublin area (no i don't know where that begins and ends, but you'll get it in kilcullen if you stand on a hill which i thought was pretty cool though)

Failing that, you'll need to hook a computer up to an internet and make it go to www.rnl106.com or open it in your Media player (for a louder stream) with this link (click on live stream) http://azul.streamguys.com/rnl106

Remember you can text us at the studio on 086 6001064 for shouts, rewinds, track id's etc, etc.

class a (plus a guest) will be in the studio for an other hour and half after my show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

in fact, who the hell are you?

if the scene is as ****ty as you say it is what are you going to actually do about it?

Advertisement