Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

URGENT - car mechanic/repair needed in dundrum area today...

Options
  • 12-07-2008 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

hi all.

i desperately need to find a car mechanic in the dundrum area or whereabouts today. since i have no time during the week, today is the only day. its to repair windscreen washer/pump.

i called advance pitstop dundrum - their mechanic will not look at the car today.

advance pitstop in russell street croke park isnt on site today and will not be available till monday.

anywhere else i can check?or anyone knows?

thanks for replying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

cormie, thanks. i tried it all. i cant find the damn washer pump. i followed the tubes, and it goes into the chassis on the right.....

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I don't have a clue myself, hopefully somebody else can help :)

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

On most setups I've seen, the pump is in or at the tank

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

There always right bang at the bottom just on the outside of it. They are black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Is the pump running for the washer jets? (ie is it an electrical problem, switch/fuse/relay)

Or are they washer jets just blocked? you can usually unblock them with a pin, just don't break in pin in the nozzle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭CarList.ie

Have you tried Advance Automotive?

www.advanceautomotive.ie

Windy Arbour, Dundrum, Dublin 14

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Washer pump is usually at the bottom of the tank on the outside. Can you hear it come on when you press the switch (a whirring sound)? If not, check connectors etc and try again. Check fuses. If it does come on, then there is a blockage somewhere along the line.

I'm sure you've checked, but make sure there's water in it!

Advertisement