Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

law ? or lack of?

Options
  • 12-07-2008 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

hi , this is just something i thought of reading a thread

IS non alchoholic beer still a controlled substance (i.e. id required?)

if so why?:confused:

any information welcome :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Feeonaw

hi , this is just something i thought of reading a thread

IS non alchoholic beer still a controlled substance (i.e. id required?)

if so why?:confused:

any information welcome :p

I think it's because some brands of supposed 'non alcoholic' beer actually do have very low levels of alcohol in them. So maybe if some little kid drank 20 of 'em there could be a bit of a situation....haha! I could be wrong here! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

AFAIK If its less than 2% it can be qualified as non alcoholic

although most places ask for ID on non-alcoholic beer cos they're stupid and think its alcoholic :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 lee_humphrey

Or perhaps because the licence for some bars will state that over 18s only are allowed on the premises?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Or perhaps because the licence for some bars will state that over 18s only are allowed on the premises?
    If that was so they'd have door staff and the under 18s wouldnt be there in the first place :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 lee_humphrey

Well, if you consider your average pub, they aren't going to be able to afford door staff, as they are quite expensive, as a specific licence is required.

My previous boss decided that it was simply better to train your staff to ask as a matter of routine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

unreggd wrote: »
    AFAIK If its less than 2% it can be qualified as non alcoholic

Makes sense really, otherwise you'd need ID to buy stuff like mouthwash, etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Dave! wrote: »
    Makes sense really, otherwise you'd need ID to buy stuff like mouthwash, etc!

My 19 year old brother in law was refused a bottle of Jack Daniels barbeque sauce in Dunnes last week because he had no ID!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

he should have asked then for sherry trifle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Even when im on the checkout the non alcoholic beer comes up asking nis the person over 18

Advertisement