Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dreaming too much!!

• 12-07-2008 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭

i've never heard of this happening to anyone before, but i dream too much!!seriously, all night long i'll have tons of really vivid dreams that i wake up from,only to launch straight into another one.The result is that i wake up feeling like I've barely slept!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Hey Lollipops,
    That's happened to me a few times, it really tires me out! On the one hand, I LOVE dreaming, but on the other, it makes proper awake-time harder to get through. Are you eating/drinking something before you go to bed, or are ya worrying bout something? I'm sure it'll pass soon enough though, it seems to happen in phases to me, thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

hmm ive been dreaming too little lately.without knowing what you're dreaming about its hard to know what to do,but are you keeping a dream diary?perhaps there are things you need to deal with irl,that are being manifested in dreams?thats a complete guess though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I tend not to eat much before bed,certainly don't drink anywhere near bedtime(it wrecks my head to have to get up 5 times during the night to pee!)
    The dreams don't tend to be anything interesting-it's mainly dreams of hanging around with mates,being in college etc!i nearly wouldn't mind if the dreams were interesting,but just the constant-ness of it is leading to very restless nights!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Do you exercise daily? This might solve the problem.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

If I was dreaming too much I'd maybe try harder to understand what was happening in my dreams... are they connected together... is there some sort of meaning that can be taken away from them. If you're stressed subconciously it can be realised this way sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Sounds like stress (dreaming = stress as your mind cannot cope with information during the day and needs the night time to process)
    Also, excerise is best way to beat stress

Try walking few hours before bed
    Give it a month and see if any change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I'm the same, I dream every night, always remember them next day, funny thing every dream is as random as you can get.
    One night I dreamt I was playing a Killer game of chess with members of Van Halen and English Footballers and ended up watching people getting chopped in half by angels and getting accused of stealing Ashley Coles house. Weird haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Wow, me too. I dream vividly every night, but also some times I'm falling asleep and my eyes are closed and Im able to look around the room, is that called astral projection or something? When it happens I get excited and try and stick with it.

Last night I dreamt I was running up the street with a baby in a buggy and women were looking at me strange. Then I stopped and looked at the baby - it was my brother when he was a baby and I said to myself - I dont remember giving birth! I dont remember having him! I panicked.

I think babies signify a new beginning? Im finishing up in my job today and maybe thats the reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭keefs08

I did my leaving in June and i swear i have nightmare at least 5 times a week of getting my results in WEIRD situations its crazy stuff but scary!! its making me even more nervous arghhh!! cant help it dont know what to do i did try exercising and that doesnt really help!! anyone else get like this before they got theyre results??:rolleyes: ....cheers!:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

keefs08 wrote: »
    I did my leaving in June and i swear i have nightmare at least 5 times a week of getting my results in WEIRD situations its crazy stuff but scary!! its making me even more nervous arghhh!! cant help it dont know what to do i did try exercising and that doesnt really help!! anyone else get like this before they got theyre results??:rolleyes: ....cheers!:D
    So did I, thats just stress!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement