Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know of this film ?

Options
  • 12-07-2008 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

Can't remember the title, and I just vaguely remember it [off the Sci-fi channel like a decade ago].

It had a boy in it who was partially a cyborg I think, or was made into one later on (Cause i remember he broke into pieces near the end of the film trying to climb up into the higher society after a spiked ring hit him). He was trying to save up money so he and his girlfriend could enter into the higher/better [whatever] society that was kept floating above the ground, away from the poverty stricken people below, to which it had cables connected to it from the ground up (They had spiked rings rolling around on it to prevent people climbing up).

Also remember there being other cyborgs... think they were bounty hunters or something, who were chasing after the boy for some reason I believe.

Oh yeah - recall the film being a tad on the violent side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Dammit I think I've lost it. Did it have people hunting for limbs can you remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Its called Battle Angel Alita :). Good film
    eoin5 wrote: »
    Dammit I think I've lost it. Did it have people hunting for limbs can you remember?

They weren't hunting for limbs but for spines. The guy was collecting them so he could go up to the floating city, he got caught doing it and a price was put on his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dhaumi

Yeah Battle Angel Alita, or under it's original title Gunnm. The main character was a girl though. It has to be this. If you can, try the comics, they are way way better than the anime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Yeah I <3 Gunnm - excellent series and the movie isnt half bad :)

James Camron is actually working on a new version, due out 2009 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437086/

The comics are great as there is another set after the Battle Angel Alita, Gunnm Order or something? They are being translated very slowly sadly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Art_Wolf wrote: »
    Yeah I <3 Gunnm - excellent series and the movie isnt half bad :)

James Camron is actually working on a new version, due out 2009 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437086/

The comics are great as there is another set after the Battle Angel Alita, Gunnm Order or something? They are being translated very slowly sadly :(

had a read through it there. I'm interested to see how it turns out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement