Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania XXIV dvd: What is on it?

Options
  • 12-07-2008 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hey guys, i'm the newbie ;)

A few days ago while taking a stroll through my local xtravision, i noticed the special edition metal cased 'mania 24 for a bargain 30 quid!
    Which had me blown back, so i picked it up to inspect it for any signs of pre-ownership etc etc, nothing.. hmm.. then i noticed right behind it, Wrestlemania 23!
    :eek: Wow, hold on, when did xtravision get a wrestling section?!

The big thing was that the set which was behind it, was the same deal, metal box, 3 dvds, "Over 8 hours" yada yada yada.
    But the price, the price was €38?

So i went back to 24 and inspected it further and realised that on its back had next to no extra features, just the hall of fame and the 24 man battle royal?:confused:

But the 23 dvd has an abundance of extras? (special interactive pic gallerys, Backstage stuff) I was about to get 24 but then wasnt too sure.

Any of you guys have it?
    I'll stick a poll up just to give the post a bit of diversity :p

Any help would be cool.

Which is the better wrestlemania DVD: Not show, just DVD 3 votes

Wrestlemania 23
    0%
    Wrestlemania 24
    33%
    Ecw-Original 1 vote
    Other:
    66%
    BrollyJXP99 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

That pretty much sums it up really, all that's on both the DVD and the blu-ray version is the hall of fame show and the dark match, being the battle royal. That was the only disappointing thing about the blu-ray, with the extra capacity they could have thrown on extras to it as a blu-ray holds over ten times more than a dvd will, and even with the better picture quality, it would still have room. But WWE's PPV DVDs have been skimping on extras for quite some time now.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Ecw-Original

Wrestlemania 24
    I think WWE dvds have been pretty skimpy in general lately, like i picked up twist of fate the other day and i was surprised that there was no matt/jeff joint interview or anything like that, it was two mediocre dvds put in one package :confused:

The Ladder DVD seems to be the only good dvd that was out in the last 2 years

I think WWE dvds have been pretty skimpy in general lately, like i picked up twist of fate the other day and i was surprised that there was no matt/jeff joint interview or anything like that, it was two mediocre dvds put in one package :confused:

The Ladder DVD seems to be the only good dvd that was out in the last 2 years

Depends on your interests, the Triumph & Tragedy of WCCW is a fairly decent DVD, although Fritz's nazi attitude towards his kids in some of the footage (for instance, him trying to push brain damaged Mike Von Erich back into the ring after his shoulder injury and toxic shock) can be very hard to watch. It also tends to paint out Fritz to be somewhat of a saint in certain circumstances too.

The Brian Pillman DVD that came out in 2006 is also pretty good as well, although some key people were left out there (where was Windham?).

The Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen DVD is just awesome from top to bottom. For the documentary and the extras, and we have more to look forward to in the next week too when it arrives :D

Just 3 good examples on how WWE are still knocking em out. Besides, most of this classic stuff is ten times better than the sh*t that Wrestlemania has been pumping out in recent years. :)

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

The Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen DVD is just awesome from top to bottom. For the documentary and the extras, and we have more to look forward to in the next week too when it arrives :D
    agree ! it was awesome.

Wrestlemania 24
    Just 3 good examples on how WWE are still knocking em out. Besides, most of this classic stuff is ten times better than the sh*t that Wrestlemania has been pumping out in recent years. smile.gif

Agreed. Its always the older ones.

• Advertisement

Seriously though, if you're looking for WWE DVD's to get a bigger bang for your buck, go for the documentary DVDs that have come out with the matches. The Hardys one is a fairly weak one by comparison (and half their notable matches were on the ladder match DVD, hence crippling any prospects for success with the Hardys DVD), but get those three about that i mentioned. The 3rd Flair was recently released in the US, and the Hennig one is due in September, which will be also well worth it. :)

Don't bother with the match compilations, unless you're a diehard mark.
    VR!

Wrestlemania 24
    Have they brought out a Cell dvd yet?

Nope, and i honestly hope they don't! The amount of high quality hell in the cell matches that have come out since 1997, you could probably count on one hand in my own honest opinion. Three that come to mind are

HBK/Undertaker from 1997
    Taker/Mankind from 1998
    HHH/Foley from 2000

Personally i think HHH/Jericho and Taker/Lesnar from 2002 are highly over-rated. But they're memorable to others, but that still only gives us five matches to work with for a DVD.

And do you really want to see Boss Man/Taker, or worse, Boss Man/Al Snow again?
    VR!

Wrestlemania 24
    Boss man/al snow?

Just found this funny bit of infor off wiki:
    Also, every single Hell In A Cell match has in some way involved Triple H or The Undertaker, including the 1998 match between Kane and Mankind (although neither was officially featured in that match, Undertaker did come to try and interfere, which would lead to the match becoming a no contest). Although, only the Six-Way Hell In A Cell match at Armageddon 2000 featured both Triple H and The Undertaker as participants.

Wrestlemania 24
    Boss man/al snow?

Just found this funny bit of info off wiki:
    Also, every single Hell In A Cell match has in some way involved Triple H or The Undertaker, including the 1998 match between Kane and Mankind (although neither was officially featured in that match, Undertaker did come to try and interfere, which would lead to the match becoming a no contest). Although, only the Six-Way Hell In A Cell match at Armageddon 2000 featured both Triple H and The Undertaker as participants.

• Advertisement

Interferance doesn't really count though! If they count that, they might as well say Austin and Kane had a hell in the cell in 98 for the ten seconds it was lowered or something, during their first blood match.

Boss Man and Al Snow had the "Kennel From Hell" match at the 1999 Unforgiven PPV, it was basically the old style black bar steel cage, with the hell in the cell over it.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Complete-Hell-Wwe/dp/B00120LPQK/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1215873191&sr=8-2

October 7 according to Amazon, will this feature all the Hell In A Cells ever as there is not much else to add.

Alert the media! We've found a cure for insomnia! :D
    VR!

Ordered it on rohvideo.com along with 2 other shoot interviews, for €44 including postage! So good luck getting your asking for it.

VR!
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

2 other shoot interviews

Which ones?

2 Bret ones (for all the bitching i do about him, these two shoots were great), the one he did in 2000 at the Hart House in Calgary and the one he did in New York in 2001 recapping his WCW career as my two versions are from something like 10th generation video copies! Worked out at 35 dollars for both shoot interviews, which wasn't bad.

VR!

Advertisement