Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recruitment

• 12-07-2008 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Anyboady got any up to date info on how the cutbacks are going to affect the recruitment?

depending on were you look and who you listen to you here different storries.apperently after this year their suspending intake until 210(which i find hard to beleive)
    so if this is true how many more intakes will their be this year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ducksanctuary

im gonna give them a ring first thing Monday morning. I'll let you know what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭conno3001

im gonna give them a ring first thing Monday morning. I'll let you know what happens.

Exact same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

i rang manpower office friday with no answer anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ducksanctuary

i rang manpower office friday with no answer anywhere

Same here. I was put through to the switchboard and i was told there was nobody workin in the office on friday. Strange...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

Same here. I was put through to the switchboard and i was told there was nobody workin in the office on friday. Strange...

cut backs already in effect? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Friday was an Army Holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 melikedonunts

contacted them,and they really havnt a clue whats going on the havnt been informed about anything and its been over a week.looks like theylll have wait till the politicans comeback from their holidays.
    I asked if they would be taking on anyboady by the end of the year(thats over 5 months away) "hopefully"was the reply"i dont know"hmmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭conno3001

Call them on monday morning myself, got a simular reply, they really don't know anything yet.

Managed to get them to send me the application forms though and they arrived this morning, hope to get them sent out by thursday or friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Irish_Army01

Poccington wrote: »
    Friday was an Army Holiday.

Yes people We do get time off too!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

And it really is lovely when those sort of holiday's pop up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

not recruiting anymore after this year! so the rumour goes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭steyr fan

contacted them,and they really havnt a clue whats going on the havnt been informed about anything and its been over a week.looks like theylll have wait till the politicans comeback from their holidays.
    I asked if they would be taking on anyboady by the end of the year(thats over 5 months away) "hopefully"was the reply"i dont know"hmmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

People, this is the Army you're talking about. Do you actually expect them to know anything?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Skyhawk1990

newby.204 wrote: »
    not recruiting anymore after this year! so the rumour goes!!

Please let this not be true because I'm applying next year.

Advertisement