Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your first time...

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Knee-Vee

Unless it was a teenage-looking girl buying the tests, I genuinely didn't pay much heed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I've never had such a scare that I went out and bought a pregnancy test. I do remember the first time I had sex. It was his first time too, and he was so embarrassed to buy condoms, he gave me money for them and then waited in the car while I went into the store to buy them. I should have known then and there our relationship was doomed! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Made a deal with myself that if I was still late by the day I was going to Tullamore for a friends 21st, I'd buy a test. Had a bus journey from Waterford to Tullamore by myself convinced I was pregnant and trying to convince myself that it wasn't the end of the world and it would work out. Was in Tullamore a good hour before the rest (travelling from Dublin and Cork) so bought a test, came up negative, period arrived an hour later and after a soakage of drink that night I ended up crying over what could have been!! 5 years on, haven't had to buy one again but I think that's more because I've gone to over 40 days twice without actually realising til it arrived that I was running late.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Knee-Vee wrote: »
    Unless it was a teenage-looking girl buying the tests, I genuinely didn't pay much heed.

I always try to gauge if they look excited or nervous, I'd never ever show it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Was very fortunate, was having girly night with about 5 of my girl friends, revealed my fears, they drove me to chemist, chemist lady very nice, even told me I'd be fine and there were worst things that could happen. Went home took the test, it was negative, thank God, proceeded to eat curry and then get drunk.

The relief was unreal. Think i was 20.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've never had to buy one, thank god! I did have to take the morning after pill once, and spent 3 weeks experiencing paralysing fear, wondering how I'd tell my parents and should I just book a flight to England... Luckily, my period came right on time. I've never felt so happy to have it!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Nope, never had too. thank god. me & kids are a never never. no way. nope nope nope.

Advertisement