Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another immigration thread closed

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Did someone mention rabble rock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭O'Morris

DeVore, you haven't yet replied to my PM about the image spamming. Can I take it from your silence that you consider it acceptable behaviour on this forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

O'Morris wrote: »
    DeVore, you haven't yet replied to my PM about the image spamming. Can I take it from your silence that you consider it acceptable behaviour on this forum?

Didn't regi already say he only comes for the cat pics?

Admin = Admin ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Those images are all vey nice but they're taking up a lot of bandwidth and making it really difficult to scroll down the page.

I appreciate your contribution but I started the thread so that we could discuss whether that immigration thread deserved to be closed. Those images of the dogs are making it difficult to have that discussion.

Would you do me a favour and remove them so we can get back to the subject of the thread?

sorry, sorry we'll get rid of the cats and dogs...
    hows things?

OMG the cows took the dogs and cats jobs.....anyone want a pet cow?

cows-2.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sarky wrote: »
    I hear OscarBravo goes to orphanages and shouts out "Oh my god, that's my son! Praise the Lord, I found my... Oh, wait, my mistake, never mind."

And then collects the tears as an aphrodisiac.

ya bastard you made me laugh out loud at work :pac::pac:
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    I was reading through the new posts, the topic of this one caught my eye, I opened it and there she was!

Her owner is going to love this! They live in the States! Just goes to show you what a small world it is.

That dog is famous!

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote: »
    Damn it Gordon, now THIS thread's going round in circles! We're trapped!

****, its some sort of weird sci-fi star trekky time-loop thing, we're ****ed now :eek:

oh sh*t scatter!
    we're in troubles we've been reported...........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

esel wrote: »
    From scanning the second last page, my opinion is that the OP and djpbarry should get a room.
    Don't think I didn't ask. No success unfortunately; maybe iz coz I iz blak?
    Those images are all vey nice but they're taking up a lot of bandwidth...
    Immigrants do that too.
    If the thread was closed for baseless crap I would appreciate if that was made clear when it was closed, with examples of some of the baseless crap.
    Here's one:

"But the elected representatives refuse to discuss immigration and so we can't rely on them to make decisions in the best interests of the Irish people.
    It might just be because they're the most liberal and enlightened people in the world and that they genuinely do believe that we have nothing to worry about but I think it's far more likely that they share the concerns of most Irish people but that they're afraid to speak out about it because they know how damaging it would be for their careers if they did say anything.
    "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Those images are all vey nice but they're taking up a lot of bandwidth and making it really difficult to scroll down the page.

I appreciate your contribution but I started the thread so that we could discuss whether that immigration thread deserved to be closed. Those images of the dogs are making it difficult to have that discussion.

Would you do me a favour and remove them so we can get back to the subject of the thread?

serious business

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

There seems to be a lot of oscarBravo hate going around the forums these days and I'm concerned that it's damaging his self esteem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Tigger wrote: »
    serious business

Very true Tigger. Well done. :)

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

There seems to be a lot of oscarBravo hate going around the forums these days and I'm concerned that it's damaging his self esteem.
    I appreciate the concern, but I have access to high-quality counselling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

oscarBravo wrote: »

and I don't come cheap.....

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

/me hugs GuanYin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭O'Morris

djpbarry, don't you realise that DeVore was referring to you as well as me when he talked about the 'baseless crap' in that thread?

And the example you've given of the baseless claim made by me is not really really all that baseless. Read it again
    "I think it's far more likely that they share the concerns of most Irish people but that they're afraid to speak out about it because they know how damaging it would be for their careers if they did say anything."
    Can't you see that I'm expressing an opinion? You can normally tell something is an opinion when you see expressions like "I think" and "it's far more likely".

If expressing baseless opinions is not allowed on boards.ie then it might be worth informing others of the precedent that has been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

/me hugs GuanYin

Happy Ending for OB!

djpbarry, don't you realise that DeVore was referring to you as well as me when he talked about the 'baseless crap' in that thread?

And the example you've given of the baseless claim made by me is not really really all that baseless. Read it again
    "I think it's far more likely that they share the concerns of most Irish people but that they're afraid to speak out about it because they know how damaging it would be for their careers if they did say anything."
    Can't you see that I'm expressing an opinion? You can normally tell something is an opinion when you see expressions like "I think" and "it's far more likely".

If expressing baseless opinions is not allowed on boards.ie then it might be worth informing others of the precedent that has been.

Is there such thing as baseful crap?

Advertisement