Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is their for a tourist in Limerick?

Options
  • 12-07-2008 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

A continental friend is considering visiting me. I'm honestly struggling to think of what to do?. Limerick isn't really a place to go on holidays.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
    A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Maybe if you gave a few more details about your friend, then people could offer suggestions?

What age is your friend? Is your friend coming over alone or bringing family?

Where is your friend from? What interests does your friend have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

She's 28 and Italian, single. Bunratty, the Burren, Museum's, Pubs and I don't drive. Just feel's like a struggle to compose a schedule. She said that she'd like exposure to something authenticaly Irish. Limerick is on ok place, but not really a holiday destination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

How about the Dublin Road en route to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

The Market Saturday morning.
    Dolan's any evening for Irish music.
    Collin's, White House, Nancy Blakes for chat.
    Clare Glen's, Curragh Chase, UL campus for countryside.
    Coffee shops on Thomas st. for day time chat with locals.
    If she's keen to meet people that's what I would do and do do.
    There is Shannon music festival at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Are you confining yourself to the city or do you hope to visit the mid-west?

In the city you have the Hunt Museum, King John's Castle, walking tour of Limerick (learn a bit about the history of the city), Limerick city museum (next to the castle), the art gallery, St Mary's Cathedral, St. John's Cathedral.

Adare, Lough Gur, Bunratty and Cragganowen, Foynes (flying boat museum), Cliffs of Moher, Aliwee Caves, Killaloe Heritage Centre, Glin Castle are all worth a visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

Nights out - UCH & LIT, Belltable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

helios wrote: »
    How about the Dublin Road en route to Dublin?

just thought about the Lonely Planet travel Guide: "Limerick is usually best seen through the rear-view mirror"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

just thought about the Lonely Planet travel Guide: "Limerick is usually best seen through the rear-view mirror"

:D

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

elmolesto wrote: »
    lol

These type of comments were inevitable and would have been written had the query been about any place.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Can you drive?
    If a person who is new to Ireland is coming over, you should at least show them some of the kickass Kerry countryside, connemara coasts, etc. as well as taking part in a couple of more local activities.
    I aways like the Clare Glens there out Newport way and all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Filan wrote: »
    She's 28 and Italian, single. Bunratty, the Burren, Museum's, Pubs and I don't drive. Just feel's like a struggle to compose a schedule. She said that she'd like exposure to something authenticaly Irish. Limerick is on ok place, but not really a holiday destination

Single, 28, Italian...she'd like exposure to something authentically Irish

Can you pass on my phone number :D

Advertisement