Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality Fish Mongers?

Options
  • 12-07-2008 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hey lads,

Is there a good quality fish mongers around the Balbriggan/lusk/skeeris area?

Looking for one with a good selection of fresh localy caught fish.

Cheers.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Hi,

I was out for a walk the other day and I saw that a new fish place had opened up beside the Shiva restaurant in Skerries.

I'm not a fish kinda guy so I'm not sure if its good or not. Anyway, if your facing the church from the main entrance, turn right, and it's about 100 meters straight ahead, then it's just beside Shiva.

Cheers,

Hauk

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Plaice you want is Egans, established 1922 opened a few weeks ago. Very little locally caught gear coming in - most of their stuff is imported, nothing much left in the irish sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Spot on cbreeze.

The guy in Egans will talk you through all his fish & where it came from. Very little Irish stock available, but that's the same all over the pla(i)ce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

there is one in The Naul aswell. A few of my mates get fish in it and said it is grand

Egan's Ocean Fresh, Main Street, Naul Village, Naul, Co Dublin
    Tel: 01 6903538

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

Thanks guys, il check out that Egans place during the week.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Where is Egans? Skerries?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

cbreeze wrote: »
    Plaice you want is Egans, established 1922 opened a few weeks ago. Very little locally caught gear coming in - most of their stuff is imported, nothing much left in the irish sea.

nice :)

Where is Egans? Skerries?
    They have a few branches. The shop in Skerries is between the Church & the Garda Station on Strand Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Critic 69

I think there is a guy who sells them from a stall every Friday at the corner of the bus bar in Skerries too, you would have to presume it is fresh from Skerries Harbour

"Presume" indeed. He only sells fish there on Fridays & it isn't every Friday that the boats come in. Pretty much all fish landed goes straight to market.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Critic 69

I dont know, from personal experience you can go down the end of the harbour and buy some fresh fish directly from them when the boats come in so dont see why the likes of this guy would not do the same

Advertisement