Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday 13th of July Spin ... anyone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Four county tour then. Dublin, Kildare, Meath and Louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Bambaata wrote: »
    well i bumped into ye all in Slane. i was the guy who said hello as i was about to get into my car as ye went up the hill after the lights. ye got a good spin in today so!! never expected to see boards jerseys in Slane!!
    That could have been me in the jersey- think I was the last boards jersey at that stage (although Tiny had boards shorts.) Sorry if I didn't reply, I was locked in a life or death sprint to the top of that hill with Cadex and things were a bit blurry (he won, that guy can certainly climb a hill!)

Tiny, Cadex, Emty, Caroline, Ollietrex and myself went on the full distance - Maynooth, Kilcock, Summerhill, Trim, Navan, Drogheda and back to Dublin. 161km for me.

Particular congratulations to Caroline who did her first 150km+ today after doing her first 100km+ yesterday! Really incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Great day,but man am I hungry.Am trying to figure out does guinness count as a food source

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

niceonetom wrote: »
    the N3 is a bit poo though -still there was three of us so we made decent time.

I took the N4 and flew back. Gave c0rk3r a tow the whole way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

About 153 for me, same route as Caroline.

Good day out all round, and massive praise due to Caroline as before this weekend she'd not broken 100, and she did that yesterday, and 150+ today! chapeau mme :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

blorg wrote: »
    Particular congratulations to Caroline who did her first 150km+ today after doing her first 100km+ yesterday! Really incredible.

My previous max would have been 90km spins...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

congrats :) serious respect there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

niceonetom wrote: »
    seems to me that there is a call for a northside based ride, and the backroads of kildare might be a bit more friendly to newcomers that wickla mountains? could become a regular thing perhaps?

The spin out to The Hill of Tara via Ratoath/Dun Shaughlin is a nice one, as is the spin from Swords to Drogheda via Naul. Loads of good roads around Lusk and Skerries also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Hey lads thanks for a great spin today. Couldn't have been better with the weather, company, cups of tea etc. thanks a lot. Had been a bit worried about how I'd get on or how the knee would behave, and that route was probably the best thing for both. Thanks a bunch. Very nice to meet Tiny's folks and the other Boards peeps that I hadn't met before. Fair play in particular to Caroline, saw the posts above - that's some stretching of the boundary - well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Ah you say the nicest things - you'll make me blush! Fair play - reckon I only got the drop on you cause you had a gear change moment....
    blorg wrote: »
    That could have been me in the jersey- think I was the last boards jersey at that stage (although Tiny had boards shorts.) Sorry if I didn't reply, I was locked in a life or death sprint to the top of that hill with Cadex and things were a bit blurry (he won, that guy can certainly climb a hill!)

Tiny, Cadex, Emty, Caroline, Ollietrex and myself went on the full distance - Maynooth, Kilcock, Summerhill, Trim, Navan, Drogheda and back to Dublin. 161km for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭supertramp

Hey, thanks all, had an enjoyable outing,. I turned back to dublin with two other, along the n3.
    I was in the light blue top, and blue shorts. My legs gave up on part of it, but caught a second wind. Thanks to ye lads, for the tow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

right i dont know what is is but i bumped into ye again this evening lol. I was at the homestead in Slane but drove back up to where i'm living this evening and as i turned into my place on Mobhi Road there ye were again just back in town lol. sounds like a great spin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

right i dont know what is is but i bumped into ye again this evening lol. I was at the homestead in Slane but drove back up to where i'm living this evening and as i turned into my place on Mobhi Road there ye were again just back in town lol. sounds like a great spin!!

Following us are ye :)

It's a sign that you should stop using that car ...

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭sean_d

Thanks for the spin today lads + ladeez. Had to turn south at Kilcock to get home for an airport run (for a flight which was susequently delayed..which meant spending the best part of the afternoon in arrivals hall :mad:)....you can imagine my surprise when I passed the remnants of the group on the airport road nearly 6 hours after I left you!
    I'm not clued into the 3 honks thing, so I waved passively, but not sure anyone noticed. I'll know better next time.
    The Boards kit looks cool too...chapeau to the designer!

Sean
    (Ollies MTB mate)

sean_d wrote: »
    Thanks for the spin today lads + ladeez.
    Sean
    (Ollies MTB mate)

Sean, Thanks for the spare tube. IOU 1:)
    Next time I will bring a tube I can actually use on these wheels.:o
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sooty11

awww cant believe i missed todays one! and ye passed through balbriggan! ye should called to my house for tea and sangiches! although ye might have been thrown a paint brush if ye did arrive up! painting a garden fence all day...and my bike is still in kerry....i really must organise to get it back up soon. how long did that take ye today?? might be a route i can start doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ollietrex

163km for me with 6 hours 22 of riding and 285m of climb, just finished cooking burgers on the BBQ and having a few beers. A fine spin today and the tour of the church in Drogheda made it all the more intresting.

Will defo be out for these spins again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Sounds like a good one! Pity I couldn't make it and I won't be here next weekend either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

It's a sign that you should stop using that car ...
    that must be it! i did get my own mammoth 15km cycle in the park later :D

• Advertisement

ollietrex wrote: »
    163km for me with 6 hours 22 of riding and 285m of climb, just finished cooking burgers on the BBQ and having a few beers. A fine spin today and the tour of the church in Drogheda made it all the more intresting.

Will defo be out for these spins again....

Thanks for the maps -

After my 260.06km weekend I think I am going to skip Monday evening spin ... unless:

EPO anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

ROK ON wrote: »
    Hi folks. Had to turn back at Summerhill. Pace was too much for me. I was the guy in skeleton top. Was delighted to keep up for so long, given my fitness. My top speed is ye're low/casual speed - so I have a lot of work to do. In saying that I really enjoyed it. I clocked 56miles door to door in 3hr35mins. I thought that would be about my time. Hope to spend next few months improving that. Anyway, wont be around next week, but definitely up for heading out again with ye in 2 weeks time. Thanks and take it easy.

Sorry bout that ROK ON - I had agreed to go back to Dublin with you, but when we all got separated I just kept going. ( Feel a bit bad about it )

Thanks to niceonetom for towing me home - TDF pace I reckon from Navan to Castleknock !

Good to meet you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Sorry bout that ROK ON - I had agreed to go back to Dublin with you, but when we all got separated I just kept going. ( Feel a bit bad about it )

Dont be silly. I am a big boy. Ii I cant keep pace that is no one elses issue, dont feel bad. Kept pace for as long as was feasible, then had to drop back and find my own more comfortable pace. Relatively new to this. Had a great time, and would definitely do it again. My goal is to stay with the group for longer each time until I am able to stay all the way. Take it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Sounds like a great day and with the longer flatter route than Saturday it sounds like a bit of variety. I'll be very tempted for next time.
    Fair play to everybody - 12 on Saturday and 14 on Sunday is great numbers. I know a good few did both but there are good numbers building up and everybody is getting on very well too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Here's the peloton thundering into Summerhill :D

th_summerhill.jpg

Advertisement